Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Nope, he's going to throw the long ball down the sideline. Tyree wants to show the coach if Allen goes down and Barkley isn't producing, he can come in and ball. And being that Tyree was the only QB McDermott even talked to pre-draft, that was probably discussed. The "easy plays" you speak of, is something to look out for as well, being WGR reported Allen was 4-23 during a couple day stretch at 10 yards or longer.


    For tonight, at Running back, Gore is getting the start. It is unknown how much we will see McCoy this game, being he will start game 2 and they are limiting him.

    The second half focus might all be Perry, Singeltarry and then Wade.
    I guess we'll see. But showing he can make the smart/simple play will get him closer to becoming the backup than bombing it down the field every play in a misguided attempt at "showing up Allen".

    Pumped to see singletarry. He reminds me of the star RB on my highschool team - doesn't have blazing speed, but soo quick and shifty. Hard to take down.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    Singletarry has been the saving grace so far for the Bills offense.

    As for Josh Allen, yikes. Just like training camp, he’s off the mark considerably. At the start of this thread, I said McDermott needs to come out this preseason and just let Allen throw throw throw. We know what we can do running the ball, but we need to gage Allen to see what he can do through the air. Final stats, 6-11, with 3 completions being a couple yard gainers by the RB. Just like in camp, everything thrown 10 yards or longer, way off the mark. Besides a couple miscommunication plays with Barkly, he’s throwing down the field way more accurately than Allen. Before any of you say it’s just the first game of ore season, Lamar Jackson looked pretty good. So did other starters around the league. Watch Kyle Murray tonight. Against Indy with starters not even playing, Allen should have been good tonight.

    Next up is Tyree all second half long. I went to every UB home game, this kid can throw.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-08-2019 at 08:28 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Singletarry has been the saving grace so far for the Bills offense.

    As for Josh Allen, yikes. Just like training camp, he’s off the mark considerably. At the start of this thread, I said McDermott needs to come out this preseason and just let Allen throw throw throw. We know what we can do running the ball, but we need to gage Allen to see what he can do through the air. Final stats, 6-11, with 3 completions being a couple yard gainers by the RB. Just like in camp, everything thrown 10 yards or longer, way off the mark. Besides a couple miscommunication plays with Barkly, he’s throwing down the field way more accurately than Allen. Before any of you say it’s just the first game of ore season, Lamar Jackson looked pretty good. So did other starters around the league. Watch Kyle Murray tonight. Against Indy with starters not even playing, Allen should have been good tonight.

    Next up is Tyree all second half long. I went to every UB home game, this kid can throw.
    There is definitely an issue here.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    We have to hand it to Tyree as well. The difference between his incompletions and Allen's incompletions is Tyree's incompleted passes were all off the fingers and chests of his WR's, When Allen's incompletions were several yards off target.

    I know a lot of you will probably say, "first game jitters" "getting the rust off", etc etc. However, look around the scoreboard. Every single starting QB looked like a starting QB yesterday. Even Tannehill looked like a superstar. The rookie from the Giants, who the media hated and had way more pressure on him than Allen ever has had, went 5/5 with a TD and was very very composed out there. As much as I didnt like Allen last year, I still made excuses that these overthrows could possibly be the slowness of the WR being exposed. The Accuracy issues could possibly be the end result of a lot of dropped passes. But as I said before camp, with this line and new crew, there are no more excuses. Allen came out and missed every big throw he made. McDermott had to start feeding him lollipops to get his numbers up by calling plays that let him immediately dump the ball to Gore for a completion. I am sill praying I am wrong, even after watching Mayfield, Darnold,Lamar Jackson and even Rosen going 13-20 for 191.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-09-2019 at 09:34 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    Game 2 Friday against Carolina. What battle is everyone looking forward to seeing?

    For me, I am loving the RB competition the best.

    Singletarry looked like a young Thurman out there. McCoy will get the start, but cant see him getting more than 4 - 6 touches. If Singeltarry makes a few plays early, I can see them siting him the rest of the day as he already is a lock on the roster week 1.

    Yeldon is probably in the toughest spot right now. The only reason he was brought in here was for pass catching abilities as well as a 3rd down specialist. With Singletarry being showcased last game with catching the ball and doing everything well, no reason then for Yeldon to be here and serve the same exact roll.

    Perry is expandable as well. He wasn't brought in here to run the ball. He was brought in here as a special team specialist. Last year in Miami, 0 rushes all season, but pretty much played every single punt and kickoff all year long. So that should tell everyone McDermott didnt bring Perry here to run. Perry and Murphy are probably fighting for the last spot.

    Dimarco could be gone. Its a position that we no longer really need. The line is improved enough that we wont need an extra TE and then FB helping block. This team actually was without a FB for a few years before Dimarco came along, so with the RB's they intend to employ, there is a chance he can be left off the roster.

    Murphy is probably out. We have seen what he can do and there is more upside with every other back on the team, than there is by keeping him. He could be put on the practice squad easily with no other team garnishing much interest. With him and Perry pretty much fighting for the same spot, Perry's special teams play leaves Murphy out.

    Then we have Wade. A promotional gift by the league, who nobody thought getting on an NFL team would be possible. People playing football their whole life, up until college, have been left out of the NFL, so no reason to think Wade, who never played a football game his whole life, even had a chance. But taking the first handoff for 65-yard TD could change people's minds. The good thing about Wade is, he is exempt from cuts, meaning he will play all 4 pre-season games, that other players do not get the luxury of having. If Wade gets more carries, has a few long runs never gets stopped beyond the line of scrimmage, he does have a chance. This week, Wade will get goal line carries. Right now, Gore and McCoy are expected to share duties, depending on game flow and Gore was expected to get the short yard carries, due to being smaller and grittier and being able to fall forward for a yard or two. Wade might be that guy now. Defenses being afraid of Wade getting the handoff on 3rd and 1, make it a lot easier than for Allen to hold it and fall for the first down. Not to mention, the Bills marketing department have always taken advantage of their overseas promotional opportunities. For all those upcoming games out of the country, Wade will probably be the number 1 selling jersey.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    I prefer to have a pure blocking FB on my team.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    I too was really impressed by the wade run. I don't think the hole was supposed to be where it was. He identified it and took off. Great acceleration. I can totally see him making it in the league. He's great in open space.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    Dimarco was never really utilized to even be a blocker. He only played 168 (out of about 1000) offensive snaps, ='s 10 plays per game. So with that body of work, nobody will even know he is gone. That roster position is definitely better served to keep someone else.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-16-2019 at 09:24 AM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    Anyone see the clip of Bills/Panthers practice, where Cam Newton punks off NY'rs, and Ed Oliver. Make sure you all have your eyes on Ed Oliver and Cam Newton tomorrow. I have a feeling even if it is a late hit, Oliver will not hold up and smash him.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    9/11 for Josh. Under threw one tho.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,455
    Tyree Jackson will not make the team. He needs time on the practice squad to get better.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,351
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Tyree Jackson will not make the team. He needs time on the practice squad to get better.
    100

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,455
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    We have to hand it to Tyree as well. The difference between his incompletions and Allen's incompletions is Tyree's incompleted passes were all off the fingers and chests of his WR's, When Allen's incompletions were several yards off target.

    I know a lot of you will probably say, "first game jitters" "getting the rust off", etc etc. However, look around the scoreboard. Every single starting QB looked like a starting QB yesterday. Even Tannehill looked like a superstar. The rookie from the Giants, who the media hated and had way more pressure on him than Allen ever has had, went 5/5 with a TD and was very very composed out there. As much as I didnt like Allen last year, I still made excuses that these overthrows could possibly be the slowness of the WR being exposed. The Accuracy issues could possibly be the end result of a lot of dropped passes. But as I said before camp, with this line and new crew, there are no more excuses. Allen came out and missed every big throw he made. McDermott had to start feeding him lollipops to get his numbers up by calling plays that let him immediately dump the ball to Gore for a completion. I am sill praying I am wrong, even after watching Mayfield, Darnold,Lamar Jackson and even Rosen going 13-20 for 191.
    Josh Allen isn’t perfect and there’s still a scenario when he ends up no being very good, but even with that, he’s head and shoulders above Tyree Jackson and it isn’t even close.

    This convo shouldn’t even be a thing and Allen being better shouldn’t be a surprise considering that one was a first round pick and the other went undrafted. Surprised you’ve been talking Jackson up this much. He’s the bad extreme of Allen.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,455
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    100
    Nothing is wrong with it either. He’s just super raw and will need time.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Josh Allen isn’t perfect and there’s still a scenario when he ends up no being very good, but even with that, he’s head and shoulders above Tyree Jackson and it isn’t even close.

    This convo shouldn’t even be a thing and Allen being better shouldn’t be a surprise considering that one was a first round pick and the other went undrafted. Surprised you’ve been talking Jackson up this much. He’s the bad extreme of Allen.
    Like I said, I saw Jackson play every UB game, he definitely has the NFL prowess to be QB. Allen's number were definitely better against Carolina and Tyree's numbers have not been good. But lets not forget who is playing with Tyree. I am not saying he is better than Allen at all, but I am saying if Allen played with all the undrafted 4th string players and 3/4 string linemates, his numbers would absolutely not be any better than Tyree's.

    As for making the team, the Bills will keep three QB's, unless plans changed with the Running back and WR roster numbers they originally planned on keeping. McDermott pretty much said at the start of camp, having 3 QB's is a legitimate need, because of the way Allen plays. Meaning with Allen running, injury is a concern they have to prepare for.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •