Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I am not sure what McDermotts game plan is. Before pre season, I said we need to come out throwing all pre season long to see what Allen can do. Against Indy, thatís exactly what they did and Allen didnít look elite.

Against Carolina, more runs but I think only 1 pass thrown over 20 yards attempted by Allen. With a shorter game plan, perhaps I will give McDermott credit as to just wanting to get Allen in a rhythm.

Against Detroit, we all should have expected a lot better. Itís good that some people here ignore the out of town scoreboard, because I donít, and watching rookies like Jones in NY, watching Rosen take Miami 99 yards for a td drive, and then comparing it to Allen and is worrisome. We should hope our Defense is number 1, because our offense will need a lot of extra chances throughout the game.

For McDermott, I wonder how long he is going to wait to find this team a punter. Ever since he got here thatís been a huge team need. Some teams need kickers badly and brought six kickers to camp to fight it out. We need all the extra yards we can get for field position, this should be important for McDermott and we shouldnít be going into week 4 of the pre season with the same flounder we had last season.

Also, Duke Williams better make this roster or that will be a serious red flag on McDermott and Beans resume, because this team needs that Calvin Johnson like, jump in the end zone and catch, kinda WR on this team. McDermott better realize itís not just that he caught two consecutive TDS, itís that he is insanely hard to cover on that route.

Another interesting Tidbit is Zay Jones playing well into the 2nd half. Could he be on the bubble?

Also, was Wade hurt? If not, i think not feeding Wade the ball is McDermotts way of Screwing him over and ending the pressure from the fanbase to actually put him on the roster. Not one rush, no targets catching was McDermotts way of burying him. Iím not even sure he was on the field. Murphy got a lot of looks, Yeldon got a lot of targets and a few rushes. Iím not sure why McDermott would not want him to play if he wasnít hurt.

Iíll also be the first to say it. I am liking Barkley.

I missed the game but caught a 15 min highlight package.

Looks like McDermott is done having passing td's scored against him in the redzone. Get ready for lots of run td's lol.

Allen didnt look that bad imo. And he isn't using his run tool at all in the preseason. The 1st int wasn't his fault. He needs to learn not to throw across his body, but his WR's need to learn how to get open when he's scrambling.

Barkely was getting legit all the time in the world. Really hard to compare that against Allen who wasn't getting unlimited time to stand in the pocket and find a guy.
    I hope it speaks to the depth on our OL.

You do make 1 good point though sabers in comparing us to the Jets.

That comparison will sink or swim the franchise. Hopefully their inept coaching hires doing bite us in the *** - by giving them the higher pick, and giving them more grace time to build the system without cutting the head(coach)off.

for rookies, Jones and Haskins have looked impressive. Especially when we see they are making plays with their rather depleted teams. Before pre season, I wouldn't have given either of them a chance.

What the Bills need to do now is call Houston and offer them Dawkins or another Lineman and either Gore/Yeldon for Clowney. As of right now, both positions are critical to Houston and they wont protect their QB with a free agent Lineman who will be cut in a week.

Dawkins would look like a perfect fit to Houston, because of all the games played he has, compared to the drifters who will soon be available. Also, PFF does have Dawkins rated high, but hopefully Houston doesnt know it is only because the guys on the other side of the line, allowed their man to make first contact with our QB, before the guys Dawkins let in got to the QB.

At back, all they have is Duke. Their other roster RB's on their roster are no where near ready. They don't want to wast another season with Watts and Watson. Gore/Yeldon should look very good to them. McCoy, even with his contract, cant be considered for this trade. Allen needs to be on the field with McCoy. No defense in the league will worry about Gore or Yeldon the way they will approach a game worried about McCoy.

For the Bills defense, its good, but looking at our offense, our defense needs to be even better. From what we saw with throws from Allen, I cant see there being a significant improvement from his 12 INT's last year. We have seen some lame duck throws still and because of that, we need a defense like the Kelly era, where after KElly threw an INT, Defense forces a 3 and out and the ball comes back to us. This is something a lot of you never realized, that Jim Kelly was an INT machine. 20 +Int's/fumbles per season. The only reason why nobody realized it, is because Bruce and company would force a 3 and out right away or get a turnover themselves. Bringing in Clowney, with him being surrounded by Oliver, Star, Hughes, Phillips, will make QB's nervous, with having to many guys to worry about where the pressure will come from.

In other news, it appears apparent the Bills will go 7 WR's. Brown/Foster/Beasley,Jones/McKenzi/Roberts and the Duke. Everyone else will be cut.

The original plan was to go 5 at RB, I am thinking that could be cut to 4, since MCDermott wants to have a lot of extra bodies on D. Wade wont be kept. There was no reason for McDermott not to play him last game. The only reason you dont put him in is because your intention is to bury him and you dont want him auditioning for other teams. It will be interesting to see if he goes to the practice squad or not. If he goes to the practice squad, It will be because he didnt want to play football this season. If the Bills outright releases him, that means he told the Bills he wants to play football this year.

On the Line, Bodine/Teller/McDermott are all about to get cut.

Defensive line, where the coach wanted extra bodies, probably means Johnson will beat out Love. Coach wanted to keep both, because they both have been great and the one who gets released will most likely sign with the Patriots asap.

I think the biggest need on our wishlist before week 1 is Punter.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    In other news, it appears apparent the Bills will go 7 WR's. Brown/Foster/Beasley,Jones/McKenzi/Roberts and the Duke. Everyone else will be cut.

The original plan was to go 5 at RB, I am thinking that could be cut to 4, since MCDermott wants to have a lot of extra bodies on D. Wade wont be kept. There was no reason for McDermott not to play him last game. The only reason you dont put him in is because your intention is to bury him and you dont want him auditioning for other teams. It will be interesting to see if he goes to the practice squad or not. If he goes to the practice squad, It will be because he didnt want to play football this season. If the Bills outright releases him, that means he told the Bills he wants to play football this year.

On the Line, Bodine/Teller/McDermott are all about to get cut.

Defensive line, where the coach wanted extra bodies, probably means Johnson will beat out Love. Coach wanted to keep both, because they both have been great and the one who gets released will most likely sign with the Patriots asap.

I think the biggest need on our wishlist before week 1 is Punter.
    I will be surprised to see teller cut. Has he had a **** camp?

No idea what is up with the punter position.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I will be surprised to see teller cut. Has he had a **** camp?

No idea what is up with the punter position.
    Others just have had a better camp.

McDermott drafted him hoping he would be a steal, even though all signs pointed that he wasn't that good. But he is a giant so McDermott to a swing with a 5th rounder, which isn't all that bad.

I heard Croom may be in the process of packing things up as well.

I originally thought Zay was a lock. but it is looking like MCDermott still wants those extra players on D and now Zay may not be a lock after all.

Like I suggested before, trading a lineman and RB to Houston for Clowney. Perhaps now tel them we will give you a WR as well. Hopkins is a stud But Fuller keeps getting hurt. Id Offer them a package because it is apparent Clowney wants out. After Losing a starting lineman and RB to injury, Houston should be on the phone all week long. Especially with Luck retiring. That division is way more possible for them now.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-26-2019 at 01:35 PM.

That's were the confusion lies for you. That you cant see Bean letting McDermott go.

If we struggle to win 6 games, I guarantee they both are fired.

Coaches that have a track record in the NFL, but get no results with new team, get fired and dont get much slack. So there is no reason to believe that the Pegulas will allow their first time coach and GM another chance after this season. Look at the Pegula's track record. They have no problem firing anyone. What has McDermott or Bean done so far, that would lead anyone to believe that the Pegulas wont fire them?

A 9-7 record, even without the playoffs, will save them from being fired. 8-8 or worse and their gone.
    Eh...I'll take that bet any day. Almost every single local reporter laughed at that notion. They are way more intune with what's going on than random national reporters. It's not like it came from Schefter or someone really reputable. The Bills would have to win 5 or less games for it to even be a consideration and that's highly doubtful to happen.

Has Allen ran with the ball even once this preseason?
    We must keep that tool in mind as we predict his progression. His scrambles add a lot to the offense. He won games with his legs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Eh...I'll take that bet any day. Almost every single local reporter laughed at that notion. They are way more intune with what's going on than random national reporters. It's not like it came from Schefter or someone really reputable. The Bills would have to win 5 or less games for it to even be a consideration and that's highly doubtful to happen.
    Yeah they would need to win 5 or less, and the defense would have to be total trash.

Just remember, we had this conversation before, when I told you Whaley is one losing season away from being fired. Whaley on here was praised just as much as Bean and McDermott are now. If they have a losing season again, you will see. Just ask Phil Housley, Tim Murray, Blysma, Rex how much tolerance they have for losing seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Has Allen ran with the ball even once this preseason?
    We must keep that tool in mind as we predict his progression. His scrambles add a lot to the offense. He won games with his legs last season.
    He hasn't run. He was probably ordered not to and to stay in the pocket and read through his progressions, because they want him to throw. When he does bring the running aspect into the game, it will absolutely open up the wide receivers a lot more. And at that point, those throws better be on target.

He hasn't run. He was probably ordered not to and to stay in the pocket and read through his progressions, because they want him to throw. When he does bring the running aspect into the game, it will absolutely open up the wide receivers a lot more. And at that point, those throws better be on target.
    100% on all of this post. Might be your best post ever lol.

Just remember, we had this conversation before, when I told you Whaley is one losing season away from being fired. Whaley on here was praised just as much as Bean and McDermott are now. If they have a losing season again, you will see. Just ask Phil Housley, Tim Murray, Blysma, Rex how much tolerance they have for losing seasons.
    Right and you said it repeatedly until it actually happened a season or two later. It didn't happen when you initially posted it. Whaley ended up staying for four seasons. McDermott has only been here for two seasons and made the playoffs in one of them. Absolutely zero chance he gets fired unless this season is a complete disaster. Way too soon and he's already had success.

Right and you said it repeatedly until it actually happened a season or two later. It didn't happen when you initially posted it. Whaley ended up staying for four seasons. McDermott has only been here for two seasons and made the playoffs in one of them. Absolutely zero chance he gets fired unless this season is a complete disaster. Way too soon and he's already had success.
    And the lesson learned is if the Pegula's would have listened to me and fired Whaley sooner for his incompetence, we wouldn't have had to suffer through those extra losing seasons. While everyone else here had there fingers crossed hoping he would create a winning team, it was obvious he missed every single draft and constantly picked the wrong players. The Pegula's realized it a year to late.

This is what we may be seeing now with Bean and McDermott. Passing up Maholmes, Watson, just to pick Peterman in the 5th. When all along they knew they absolutely had no interest in continuing this team with Tyrod, so this ultimately proved they thought Peterman was a Brady type star, or else they would have gone for the two other no brainers.

Then, even during the season that we get to the playoffs, it was despite the decisions they made, not because of it. The Bills lose two games where both teams rush for NFL records, 400 yards, against us and they pull Tyrod for Peterman who then looses 2 very meaningful AFC games down the stretch, when the guy they didnt want all along won and got us into the playoffs.

Now this is not a Tyrod post. This is a post recapping the trend of continuous very poor decision making we are dealing with in a short time of them being here. Not to mention the coach still cant utilize the game clock with timeouts efficiently. Continuously, even in this pre season, challenges plays that never get reversed. If Allen is a bust, there is simply no way they can survive it. Especially When Terry Pegula spoke in an interview and admitted that he did question McDermott after the draft, about why he didn't select Maholmes or Watson. In business, you dont make comments like that if the other guy has 100% support. You make that comment when your support is now wavering and you want people to know, that doubt was present from that time on, and things just didn't work out. And thats not just how I see that comment, thats how everyone in big business see's that comment. He is Planting seeds of doubt.

As far as it being to soon. Your wrong. Every coach and GM he fired was fried between years 1-3. McDermott and Beans first time coach and GM skillset have been on display now going on 3 and there careers ride on the QB they chose, based on the performances of all the other QB's they passed up. All the other position players you all love, are not even being considered as a plus for them. It is all about the QB.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-28-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast