Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I'm surprised Roberts sent Buehler out there for the ninth inning.
    Me too

Your baby can't do this

I mean this in the most plutonic way possible; Walker Buehler is everything Ive ever wanted in a man.

Kenta Maeda better not be our #4 starter in the postseason.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Tied game all of a sudden! Chris Paddack is completely falling apart.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

It's that time of the year when it's time for Maeda to go to the pen. I would have saved Cody for a double-switch instead of burning him as a PH in the 4th.

The bullpen strikes again.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Stupid Pollock should have stayed at 3B. Why do today's players always think that they have to run on every ground ball? Opposing infielders play shallow for a reason.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 08-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

More baserunning stupidity. This time by Pederson.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Muncy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    It's that time of the year when it's time for Maeda to go to the pen. I would have saved Cody for a double-switch instead of burning him as a PH in the 4th.
    That's what I was thinking as well.. They shoulda kept belli in but it's his day off so I get it. Dave probably said that he'd use Cody at some point to pinch hit and that's it, but in the 4th inning though? My god.. It worked out in the end because they still got the dub but I think Dave coulda utilized him better

Your baby can't do this

I'm hoping dustin may becomes that 4th starter for the post season so that maeda could go back to the pen (where he's much more effective). May seemed to do really well in his first start with a high pitch count, hopefully he can show in Wednesdays game that he can do it again.

Your baby can't do this

I know it's just one AB but one thing I thought was interesting was seeing Dave bring kolarek in to face josh Naylor. Looking at his splits, kolarek is great against lefties and terrible against righties so it's good to see Dave put him in there to get out a lefty. Hopefully going forward he keeps him strictly to that because that is what kolarek is good at.

Your baby can't do this

Another thing about kolarek that I didn't see mentioned is that apparently earlier this year with the rays he was pitching in a game against a lefty, then they double switched him at first base and brought in a righty relief pitcher to get out the next righty hitter and then they switched kolarek back to pitcher to get out another lefty during the next AB.. With how many players can move around and play different positions on the dodgers, I could see Dave trying to pull that off at some point especially knowing how good kolarek is against lefties and how trash he is against righties.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm hoping dustin may becomes that 4th starter for the post season so that maeda could go back to the pen (where he's much more effective). May seemed to do really well in his first start with a high pitch count, hopefully he can show in Wednesdays game that he can do it again.
    I would think the plan currently is to start stretching Urias out for the 4th spot as the year winds down, but I do think May has a shot at earning it speaking almost solely out from a usefulness standpoint.

We need a good lefty out of the pen that can be effective against both sides of the plate and Urias fits the bill. May could be a very effective pen piece as well, and Id trust Urias more as a starter right now, but I think Urias also probably fills the pen need better than May does.

Hell, maybe Rich Hill and Maeda both work out of the pen and our stretch run rotation is CK, Buehler, Ryu, Urias, and May.

Then the playoff rotation could be CK, Buehler and Ryu; we keep our options open with both May and Urias as bullpen pieces in games 1-3, and whoever doesnt get used is the game 4 starter.

Lots of options, IMO.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

I like this Negron guy. He hasn't had much of a career, but he makes contact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast