Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    435
    Melo was never going to change his game. Not then. Not Now. Not ever. He still thinks he's a high volume scorer who can put up 30 shots and score 40 pts any given night...

    I think, the Knicks are forgetting his last few seasons as a Knick. One particular game vs Jeremy Lin & the Rockets Melo was intent on taking every shot and trying to overpower the opposition. He put up a ridiculous amount. He put up something like 38 points. Only one problem...Ryan Anderson (Yes, THAT Ryan Anderson) put up 34 pts against Melo.

    Essentially a 4 point difference. The problem being, the rest of the Knicks could never get into the flow of the game. The Rockets paced themselves and eventually surpassed the Knicks. Thus nullifying Melo's night.

    Yet, Knick fans did the traditional whine, "OMG the Knicks wasted Melo's effort!!!!!"

    Basketball is a TEAM sport on both sides of the court. You can't have one guy do all the scoring and yet, be the green light on defense and expect every one else to do the work FOR you.

    That's why no team has signed Melo as of yet.

    No one wanted to play with this guy...even when the Knicks had cap space.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    I lost all respect for Melo when he ran Lin out of town.

    I'll never forget that sour look on his face, during linsanity.

    Melo didn't care about anything except dropping 30.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,874
    Melo was 27 or 28 when he decided to ruin the Knicks. At what point does naivety due to "youth" stop being a legitimate excuse? Lol.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Melo was 27 or 28 when he decided to ruin the Knicks. At what point does naivety due to "youth" stop being a legitimate excuse? Lol.
    I hated Melo forever and Iím starting to feel bad for him. Heís losing his wife and his career at the worst possible time

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    435
    To me, this is a Front Office leak that is a lame attempt to say, "Yeah we were going to mend fences and blame it all on Phil. Steve Mills is a virgin when it came to tough situations..."

    As a minority, I was amused that for the first and only time I heard another minority call a contract, "Ridiculous" when it came to Lin...yet, NO ONE ushered the word ridiculous when Jerome James' contract, Erik Dampier's contract, Tristan Thompson's contract...the list goes on.

    If there's ONE rule in America, it's that every man and woman of every race, culture, age, etc has the right to make as much money as possible.

    Melo basically coming out and saying, "Well, I should have an impact on what other players should be paid based upon the fact that I'm a star." NAw. That's not right. Really stupid.

    Karma is a b#%ch. Lin has a championship ring. Melo is applying to work at a Starbucks to get his points after the Stephen A. Smith show.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    To me, this is a Front Office leak that is a lame attempt to say, "Yeah we were going to mend fences and blame it all on Phil. Steve Mills is a virgin when it came to tough situations..."

    As a minority, I was amused that for the first and only time I heard another minority call a contract, "Ridiculous" when it came to Lin...yet, NO ONE ushered the word ridiculous when Jerome James' contract, Erik Dampier's contract, Tristan Thompson's contract...the list goes on.

    If there's ONE rule in America, it's that every man and woman of every race, culture, age, etc has the right to make as much money as possible.

    Melo basically coming out and saying, "Well, I should have an impact on what other players should be paid based upon the fact that I'm a star." NAw. That's not right. Really stupid.

    Karma is a b#%ch. Lin has a championship ring. Melo is applying to work at a Starbucks to get his points after the Stephen A. Smith show.
    Pretty sure everyone called Jerome Jamesí contract ridiculous.

    To be frank, this is one of the most idiotic posts Iíve seen on this website, and thatís saying a lot.

    Jeremy Lin was never as good as Linsanity suggested he was. The narrative that the Knicks should have built around him instead of Melo was and continues to be one of the most ridiculous narratives in recent memory. Not to mention Lin used us as leverage to get a better deal from the Rockets after the Knicks pulled him off his brotherís couch.

    And you think Meloís pathetic? Lin was just quoted as saying heís hit ďrock bottomĒ two months after winning a championship because no one wants to sign him. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Melo may not have been the best teammate or even the most conducive to winning, but I would never question that he gave his all for this team.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    To me, this is a Front Office leak that is a lame attempt to say, "Yeah we were going to mend fences and blame it all on Phil. Steve Mills is a virgin when it came to tough situations..."

    As a minority, I was amused that for the first and only time I heard another minority call a contract, "Ridiculous" when it came to Lin...yet, NO ONE ushered the word ridiculous when Jerome James' contract, Erik Dampier's contract, Tristan Thompson's contract...the list goes on.

    If there's ONE rule in America, it's that every man and woman of every race, culture, age, etc has the right to make as much money as possible.

    Melo basically coming out and saying, "Well, I should have an impact on what other players should be paid based upon the fact that I'm a star." NAw. That's not right. Really stupid.

    Karma is a b#%ch. Lin has a championship ring. Melo is applying to work at a Starbucks to get his points after the Stephen A. Smith show.
    What? Again baseless post?

    Melo was right it was a ridiculous contract, what has Lin done since Linsanity? Lin is going to Europe now it appears his NBA days are over. The contract was only that high so the Knicks wouldn't match it with the cap.

    That was actually one of the best do not give him the contract the Knicks may have had. His production after that contract and injuries made his contract a joke.

    Why did the Nets cut him and other teams? He couldn't even make a roster spot. Melo could get big bucks in Europe but he wants to finish his career in the NBA. I think he's earned and some team will pick him up eventually.
    He will go down as one of the great offensive scorers in NBA history........the hate on him is just crazy.

    And Melo who was an all star how many years, let the NBA in scoring, led Denver to the playoffs on a not so great team asked to be included in decisions Hmmmm?

    Then what does that say for KP and his brother in less than 3 seasons asking for more than being involved?

    Keep reading double standards around here, it seems to be whats good for one, isn't for the other..

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Was really hoping someone would ask Melo why he blackmailed the team that he was heading to instead of just signing with them outright.
    They actually did, they didn't use those terms obviously cause they aren't children, but he definitely gave his version of it. I don't think he hid at all his "selfishness" and not wanting to leave money on the table. Some hood mentality for sure - But then again that's Melo

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Yeah, this definitely sounds like a team that didn't want 2 max guys, and rebuilding with midteir guys was definitely the plan the whole time.
    How did you get that from this?

    And if you're being sarcastic, who said they didn't want two max guys? The issue is they didn't want us. Some of you are still too butt hurt to get that. But yea fire Mills cause they think we suck. We should get someone like PhilJ, LarryB, Isiah, you know someone players will respect and hope that works instead of building a competent team and winning ball games

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Melo was 27 or 28 when he decided to ruin the Knicks. At what point does naivety due to "youth" stop being a legitimate excuse? Lol.
    Yea he ruined the Knicks by driving future Hall of Fame point guard Lin and Multiple championship winning coach D Antoni out of town

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yea he ruined the Knicks by driving future Hall of Fame point guard Lin and Multiple championship winning coach D Antoni out of town
    Lol

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yea he ruined the Knicks by driving future Hall of Fame point guard Lin and Multiple championship winning coach D Antoni out of town
    Hasn't dantoni won more playoffs games then Melo?

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,702
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    What? Again baseless post?

    Melo was right it was a ridiculous contract, what has Lin done since Linsanity? Lin is going to Europe now it appears his NBA days are over. The contract was only that high so the Knicks wouldn't match it with the cap.

    That was actually one of the best do not give him the contract the Knicks may have had. His production after that contract and injuries made his contract a joke.

    Why did the Nets cut him and other teams? He couldn't even make a roster spot. Melo could get big bucks in Europe but he wants to finish his career in the NBA. I think he's earned and some team will pick him up eventually.
    He will go down as one of the great offensive scorers in NBA history........the hate on him is just crazy.

    And Melo who was an all star how many years, let the NBA in scoring, led Denver to the playoffs on a not so great team asked to be included in decisions Hmmmm?

    Then what does that say for KP and his brother in less than 3 seasons asking for more than being involved?

    Keep reading double standards around here, it seems to be whats good for one, isn't for the other..
    Hahahahah you had to find a way to work KP into the convo.

    First of all Melo was a selfish player. His actions and decisions show that on and off the court. Winning was never his primary concern.

    I did not want the Knicks to trade for him because the price was too high for a soon to be free agent.

    I did not want him to be resigned.

    He did so many things on the court, backed up by his words that just did not endear him to be routed for.

    And, if Melo had been a young player like KP, you could forgive. Like Trier. He plays a little bit of a selfish game, but if he is still the same in 3 or 4 years, then it is a problem.

    KP was not selfish on the court and he prioritized winning. He reacted immaturly to some things that were going on, and Phil wanted to trade him for his insolence.

    And the hate on Lin is unwarranted. You can't say with certainty that Lin's career would have taken same path if we had resigned him. This could have been a case where both parties may have done better together than apart.

    What Melo did publicly insulting Lin over the contract offer was quite low. Especially in the light of his jealousy and disgruntled demeanor during and post Linsanity. Can't believe you would come on here like that. It is like you completely forgot that Melo was none too happy with all the shine Lin received and was quite deliberate in his selfishness when he came back from injury that season.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I hated Melo forever and Iím starting to feel bad for him. Heís losing his wife and his career at the worst possible time
    Hes worth a $150mln haha, save your sympathy for where its required - Country had a rough weekend

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Hahahahah you had to find a way to work KP into the convo.

    First of all Melo was a selfish player. His actions and decisions show that on and off the court. Winning was never his primary concern.

    I did not want the Knicks to trade for him because the price was too high for a soon to be free agent.

    I did not want him to be resigned.

    He did so many things on the court, backed up by his words that just did not endear him to be routed for.

    And, if Melo had been a young player like KP, you could forgive. Like Trier. He plays a little bit of a selfish game, but if he is still the same in 3 or 4 years, then it is a problem.

    KP was not selfish on the court and he prioritized winning. He reacted immaturly to some things that were going on, and Phil wanted to trade him for his insolence.

    And the hate on Lin is unwarranted. You can't say with certainty that Lin's career would have taken same path if we had resigned him. This could have been a case where both parties may have done better together than apart.

    What Melo did publicly insulting Lin over the contract offer was quite low. Especially in the light of his jealousy and disgruntled demeanor during and post Linsanity. Can't believe you would come on here like that. It is like you completely forgot that Melo was none too happy with all the shine Lin received and was quite deliberate in his selfishness when he came back from injury that season.
    The "hate" on Lin is absolutely warranted IMO - With absolute certainty I can say that Lin was the very definition of a mediocre player. The dude literally couldn't dribble left, he's a point guard. He was putting up numbers in a juiced offense and horrible roster sans Melo/Amare. He was putting up numbers on a bad team, there are dozens of these instances in the league every year in cities that don't get the coverage we do. His infamy is very much a reflection of how little we've had to talk about with this team these last 20 years. The year after he left was pour most successful run in 20 years. But yeah lets focus on the 8 game February Linsanity stretch

    He had a good stint and used it get overpaid and regressed right back to being average. He was never very good. Had the circus of Linsanity not followed him everywhere maybe he would've quietly stuck to some bench. But he can't because he's not good. He's 30 and out of the NBA despite just being on the championship roster. It's simple a pure lack of skill. Yet somehow this guy has been a lightening rod for 10 years on this forum for some perceived missed opportunity at greatness and the debate between selfish and selfless styles.

    Didn't he sit out of the playoffs with some chest soreness? Haha the man got paid and is now crying about how he's not good enough to be in the NBA. Yeah, real sad story.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •