Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A Melo return was in the works

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    · 8m
    If New York had landed two major free agents this summer, the franchise had planned to consider bringing back Carmelo Anthony, league sources say. More on @TheAthleticNBA: (link: https://theathletic.com/1106151/2019...lude-team-usa/) theathletic.com/1106151/2019/0… (link: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...37671109865478)

yea he made sense with a WIN NOW roster, now not so much.

I wasn't the biggest Melo fan but it would have been fun to see. And the Carmeellllllllooooo ANNNNNNTHONNNNY! PA announcer.

I am shocked that the Nets with basically no PF and no KD this year didn't sign him. Imagine how that would look lol......I think if I'm the Nets I do it just to do it and see how the fans react, worst case it's a feel good story for Brooklyn for Melo's last hoorah.

I mean KD is out right?

Melo isn't a good player anymore. That's just a fact. But the reason nobody will sign him is that Melo doesn't know he isn't a good player anymore. His attitude was barely tolerable when he was the best scorer in the league. Now? Nobody has any use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Melo isn't a good player anymore. That's just a fact. But the reason nobody will sign him is that Melo doesn't know he isn't a good player anymore. His attitude was barely tolerable when he was the best scorer in the league. Now? Nobody has any use for it.
    Wow! Logic and common sense! Who woulda thunk it

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The idea that this FO would have brought him back shows just how ridiculous they are. Waste a roster space for the purpose of nostalgia or some weird loyalty to a guy who was a tool? Brilliant.

That shows that Dolan is still and horrifyingly in charge. Only he would sign off on a player that no one else in the league has because that player played for him and was represented by the CAA. The ones who own Dolan's tiny mind.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 07-31-2019 at 09:45 PM.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The idea that this FO would have brought him back shows just how ridiculous they are. Waste a roster space for the purpose of nostalgia or some weird loyalty to a guy who was a tool? Brilliant.

That shows that Dolan is still and horrifyingly in charge. Only he would sign off on a player that no one else in the league has because that player played for him and was represented by the CAA. The ones who own Dolan's tiny mind.
    Lol don't get the character attacks against melo but he isn't good anymore. Imagine we got to 2 max players then signed melo. Lmao it would be amazingly dim and short sighted. I'll spare the FO on this one because we will never know whether it was real or not

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Lol don't get the character attacks against melo but he isn't good anymore. Imagine we got to 2 max players then signed melo. Lmao it would be amazingly dim and short sighted. I'll spare the FO on this one because we will never know whether it was real or not
    True and fair point. I should have been more clear. I thought he was a tool, on the court, as a player. As a person, the guy seems all good.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Good post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Just saw Melo interview with Stephen A - Felt bad, he's saying all the right things. This Houston departure story is a real kick in the nuts.
    Willing to bet he'll be on a team, hopefully he can end this thing on a positive/high note. He's a great dude, and one of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Just saw Melo interview with Stephen A - Felt bad, he's saying all the right things. This Houston departure story is a real kick in the nuts.
    Willing to bet he'll be on a team, hopefully he can end this thing on a positive/high note. He's a great dude, and one of our own.
    Was really hoping someone would ask Melo why he blackmailed the team that he was heading to instead of just signing with them outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Was really hoping someone would ask Melo why he blackmailed the team that he was heading to instead of just signing with them outright.
    Money...........threat of strike and new CBA..........

Yeah he addressed that. He said he was young and wasn’t going to leave money on the table...you know the same reason why people say KP would never take the QO or why the NBA thought the CBA would actually work.

He wasn’t as business savvy as LeBron at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Money...........threat of strike and new CBA..........
    Cool, Denver would have given him whatever he was asking for money wise.

Yeah, this definitely sounds like a team that didn't want 2 max guys, and rebuilding with midteir guys was definitely the plan the whole time.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast