Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Predicting OGs season

Before last season we had a thread like this for Siakam. A few of you were really close at predicting Siakams stat line and minutes for the season. So, lets do the same for OG.

The general consensus is that OG will have a much bigger role and will be inserted back in to the starting line up.

Give me your best guesstimate as to what kind of season you think OG will have. Is it a breakout year for him in his 3rd year? Where do you think we can see improvements ? What kind of numbers do you think hell put up ?

I think hell jump up to about 25-28 minutes per game showing improvements with his handles.

12 ppg, 4 rpg, 1 spg
    Fg% 45 3p% 35 (remains relatively the same)

I like your prediction. I'm hopeful he improves his 3 point shot. He has it in him, it's just about finding that consistency.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

I like S&W's statline as well, but it's more about the look of his game to me. I expect him to be good defensively, but my #1 worry isn't even his 3pt shot. It's hoping that his terrible FT% doesn't scare him away from driving and getting to the line.

OG improvement is the most important factor for this team to stay in the top 4 of the east

Totally hoping for that stat line. That would be my prediction.

And I agree with sads that the FT needs to go up. I think he will be in the high 60%'s with his FT.

I don't expect a breakout season, but I expect a season that establishes himself as an NBA player.

If you look at his made baskets from last season (as few as they were), there were some REALLY promising plays he made.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Totally hoping for that stat line. That would be my prediction.

And I agree with sads that the FT needs to go up. I think he will be in the high 60%'s with his FT.

I don't expect a breakout season, but I expect a season that establishes himself as an NBA player.

If you look at his made baskets from last season (as few as they were), there were some REALLY promising plays he made.
    Here:
    https://youtu.be/LWyZfMf6C6I

16 PPG, 35 from 3. I think he takes a step forward and will get more looks offensively. I think his defense gets better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    16 PPG, 35 from 3. I think he takes a step forward and will get more looks offensively. I think his defense gets better too.
    That is asking a LOT. I hope you're right, but imo that would be him hitting his ceiling and I think he is a year or 2 from doing that.

I have a hard time imagining OG getting enough touches or developing enough to reach that number. He looks like he will be a 3 and d wing, which is very valuable.

Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That is asking a LOT. I hope you're right, but imo that would be him hitting his ceiling and I think he is a year or 2 from doing that.
    Dude has the work ethic and fire. His chemistry with Kawhi has people's perception about him a little less vs. mine. I seen the potential as a rook and I think he makes a nice jump next year. He will get more opps to score with Leonard gone, Marc and Lowry in their mid 30's and Siakim the only legit scoring threat. His handles will continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I have a hard time imagining OG getting enough touches or developing enough to reach that number. He looks like he will be a 3 and d wing, which is very valuable.

I think he will surprise most of y'all. He's still raw but will break out. His game will round out nicely. He'll get more then enough touches considering the make up of the team and the lack of fire power. The ball will move better next year without Leonard and there will be situations where they will let him try to get his.

Basically I though he would been a 11-12 PPG without Kawhi last year, he's only adding 4 more points to that this year (hypothetically), so from 6 PPG his 1 st year throw in 5 more PPG his 2nd and another 4-5 PPG his third isn't a stretch.

I believe in guys who put in the work and have the right attitude and mindset to wanna get better/be as best as they can. Derozan had that attitude and he developed nicely to where he is (albeit flaed in ways), an all-star level type player.

Basically I though he would been a 11-12 PPG without Kawhi last year, he's only adding 4 more points to that this year (hypothetically), so from 6 PPG his 1 st year throw in 5 more PPG his 2nd and another 4-5 PPG his third isn't a stretch.

I believe in guys who put in the work and have the right attitude and mindset to wanna get better/be as best as they can. Derozan had that attitude and he developed nicely to where he is (albeit flaed in ways), an all-star level type player.
    A bit optimistic but OG has a few things going for him

1. Masai & Nurse are committed to his development, which means all he has to focus on is working hard and just improving on his game.

2. With Kawhis departure, OG will get a lot of playing time. No ones ahead of him in the rotation at his position.

3. He has smart veteran leaders in Lowry, Gasol and continuity with FVV, Siakam, Powell. It should be an easy, smooth transition to insert him back in the starting line up where he doesnt have to force his game and can just let it come to him.

If everything goes right, its not to far fetched for him to have a break out season like youre suggesting. In fact it would make the season that much more watchable for me.

I dont know if youll see a huge increase in stats for OG. Im going with 10-11 ppg, 5-6 rpg (Gasol & Siakim arent big rebounders so I think OG might pick up some of the slack left by Leonard), and 1.5 apg.

I could see Powell making the bigger jump in points and assists. Something like 16 & 3-4

I aint sweating it with my OG prediction. We've seen 10 point jump in 2 seasons from FVV. A 10 point jump from Pascal in one season, Derozan too if I recall correctly.

Guys who put in the work and are all business about how good they want to be, firmly have my backing. OG has all the physical tools and he's been working on his handles/play-making/shooting. He has the mental toughness too, unlike Terrence Ross who could of been better then Derozan IMO if he had more grit and assertion. Y'all watch out.

I aint sweating it with my OG prediction. We've seen 10 point jump in 2 seasons from FVV. A 10 point jump from Pascal in one season, Derozan too if I recall correctly.

Guys who put in the work and are all business about how good they want to be, firmly have my backing. OG has all the physical tools and he's been working on his handles/play-making/shooting. He has the mental toughness too, unlike Terrence Ross who could of been better then Derozan IMO if he had more grit and assertion. Y'all watch out.
    I agree on Ross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast