Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Carp was 0-21 in the ****ing Minors. Case closed. He shouldn't even be starting in the minors. Hes ****ing up the AAA team as well
    This is about as near sighted as things get.

He isn't hitting there trying to improve his results. It's the process. And he went 2 for 3 last night. Anyone looking at the minor league numbers doesn't understand what he was doing in this rehab assignment. This is the equivalent of getting upset about spring training numbers.

I believe I've seen Carp strike put 4 times in games before. Pretty bad
    He has done that 3 times this year (in 74 starts that's once every 24.7 starts)

You've also seen him draw 2 walks in a game 8 times this year (once every 9.25 starts), and you've seen him reach base 3 times in a game 12 times (once every 6.2 starts)

In his 26 starts, Edman hasn't struck out 4 times in a game yet, but he has 3 times twice (once every 13 starts)
    He's walks twice in a game once (once every 26 starts)
    And he's reached base 3 times in a game 3 times (once every 8.7 starts)

If you break Carpenter into 26 starts like Edman, you'd have seen him strike out 4 times in a game once instead of 0 like Edman, but you'd have seen him reach base 3 times in a game 4 times instead of 3 and seen him draw 2 walks in a game 2.5 times instead of only once.

So with Carpenter, you'd have one more game of a 4 K performance, but you'd have another game of reaching base 3 times and another game of drawing 2 walks in a game 2.5 times instead of just once.

You can look at the negatives (like striking out a lot), but you can't ignore that he gets on base more frequently. Think about how many more RBI's Goldie would have if Carpenter would have been on in front of him instead of Edman. He'd have at least 2 more base runners (Carpenter) over Edman so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    This is about as near sighted as things get.

He isn't hitting there trying to improve his results. It's the process. And he went 2 for 3 last night. Anyone looking at the minor league numbers doesn't understand what he was doing in this rehab assignment. This is the equivalent of getting upset about spring training numbers.

then why want he called up tuesday like expected? he all of a sudden didnt get right three days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    then why want he called up tuesday like expected? he all of a sudden didnt get right three days later.
    Probably still working on getting him right, another 4 days may do him wonders. I'm not a coach, I don't know. But I know that his results in the minors were meaningless and not something they cared about.

Probably still working on getting him right, another 4 days may do him wonders. I'm not a coach, I don't know. But I know that his results in the minors were meaningless and not something they cared about.
    Total bs

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Segura right now has a .329 OBP, Carpenter has a .321
    From 2016-2018 (Segura's best year is 2016 so we are cherry picking a little here)
    Segura - .308/.353/.449 - 117 wRC+
    Carpenter - .256/.379/.494 - 133 wRC+

Carpenter was clearly the better option for a leadoff hitter the previous 3 years. And with as bad as Carpenter has been this year, Segura hasn't really been any better.

So no, we weren't wrong. Carpenter has cratered, but Segura has also regressed. And you would have been wrong to put Segura in your leadoff spot over Carpenter.

Also, Wong and Segura are having pretty similar seasons. So Segura isn't the upgrade over Wong you were asking him to be (or DeJong who is having a better year than Segura).

Carpenter does need to improve that .321 OBP and the poor slugging rate. And yes, if he can't, we are stuck with him in a bench role, because he can't really play anywhere but 1B, 3B, and 2B (poorly). So we are basically stuck with him figuring it out. But even when he's not performing, he is still managing to draw walks and reach base. But, that's all he's doing.

im not reading any of this crap, because its more scorched earth just not to be wrong

i said in the winter to trade for segura because this team needs a two hole hitter and his previous three years of 350 obp plays there. you told me it didnt but here you are saying carps 321 obp plays. see the hypocrisy and lunacy yet? this literally has nothing to do with segura because hes not on this team.

this has everything to do with your wish washy, flip floppy stats and comments. everything you post tries to make you look right and you twist everything around when you are caught instead of just saying you were wrong.

Total bs
    Then you don't know how rehab assignments work, and continue to stick your fingers in your ears.

I could care less, but I am telling you, you are def wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Tommy Edman dWAR is .4 on the year. Matt Carpenter's dWAR on the year is .3

STFU? You are an absolute disgrace to Cards fans. You really don't care about facts or anything... just your "eye test", and your idiotic hatred of the Cardinals. If you weren't on here so much, I'd assume you were a Cubs fan. You hate the players, you hate the management, you hate the organization... but you're supposedly a "fan". What a joke! Go watch WWE and leave baseball to the real fans.
    I love the players. I'm sick of Matt Carpenter stinking up the field.

And that says a lot about the difference considering Edman has been playing a month and is already put up better numbers than Carp.

You arent a real fan. You're a ******* who thinks everything the team does is correct.

Carp has sucked this year. But you guys think since he came back strong last year, he will this year. Which is moronic. He has clearly regressed, but time. He still walks, great. He cant hit, his defense isnt very good. Hes not worth his contract or his extension.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

He didn't **** the bed last year either.

He was awesome until mid August and carried our under performing team into the playoff hunt. He didn't do well in September, and the season ended.

He has struggled since then. But the periphs are there, the defense is there, and his backups aren't playing well. And we have no where to put him anyway as his 20 days are coming to a close and he has to be called up.

Instead of *****ing so much, root the guy on, because if he can get back to his 3-5 win self, we are the best team in the Central.
    If he came back strong, great. But hes sucking in AAA. Its pathetic. Hes not going to be that 3-5 guy again

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Then you don't know how rehab assignments work, and continue to stick your fingers in your ears.

I could care less, but I am telling you, you are def wrong.
    Yea I'm sure 0-21 is absolutely what they wanted.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    im not reading any of this crap, because its more scorched earth just not to be wrong
    No, it's just super easy to defend. Your arguments hold literally no basis.

i said in the winter to trade for segura because this team needs a two hole hitter and his previous three years of 350 obp plays there. you told me it didnt but here you are saying carps 321 obp plays. see the hypocrisy and lunacy yet? this literally has nothing to do with segura because hes not on this team.
    I didn't expect Carpenter to regress to a .321 OBP, just like you didn't expect Segura to regress to a .329 OBP.

I like you just tried twisting it there though, as though Segura still has a .350 OBP and Carpenter wasn't a .370+ OBP hitter prior to this year.

this has everything to do with your wish washy, flip floppy stats and comments. everything you post tries to make you look right and you twist everything around when you are caught instead of just saying you were wrong.
    In the sentence above, you literally just did what you just accused me of.

Segura doesn't have a .350 OBP, so you can't use that as the comparable to Carpenter having a .321 OBP. Even if that was the case, Carpenter wasn't a .321 OBP hitter prior to this season, he carried a .379 the 3 years prior, compared to Segura's .353.

You are the one flipping and flopping stats around to try to make an argument work that didn't and doesn't work.

Segura would have been fine, but the way he's played this year wouldn't have been an upgrade for us at 2B or SS (DeJong 3.3 rWAR/3.1 fWAR, Wong 3.2 rWAR/1.8 fWAR, Segura 1.7 rWAR/2.5 fWAR), and he doesn't and hasn't ever played third base (though he probably could physically, but if he was, his bat would be regressed massively and he'd be having a 1.0 rWAR season instead because the bat would be really weak for the position unless his defense just exploded at his suddenly new position.

We wouldn't be better with Segura this year, unless he took Carpenter's position at third and we moved on from Carpenter, and at that point, we are 1 game better than we are today, and that's assuming you'd know about Carpenter losing his ability to hit, and if you knew that, then you should have known that Segura would have the same problem.

If he came back strong, great. But hes sucking in AAA. Its pathetic. Hes not going to be that 3-5 guy again
    I don't see why he can't be.

His periphs, his line drive, his fly ball, etc rates are all there.

I think he can be. Even if it's closer to the 3 win area. Either way, the guys behind him can't and won't ever be 3 win players without massively changing who they are.

He didn't **** the bed last year either.

He was awesome until mid August and carried our under performing team into the playoff hunt. He didn't do well in September, and the season ended.

He has struggled since then. But the periphs are there, the defense is there, and his backups aren't playing well. And we have no where to put him anyway as his 20 days are coming to a close and he has to be called up.

Instead of *****ing so much, root the guy on, because if he can get back to his 3-5 win self, we are the best team in the Central.
    He absolutely **** the bed in September. His BA dropped 20 points. That's ridiculous

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I don't see why he can't be.

His periphs, his line drive, his fly ball, etc rates are all there.

I think he can be. Even if it's closer to the 3 win area. Either way, the guys behind him can't and won't ever be 3 win players without massively changing who they are.
    If he can, then great. I'd rather not find out.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Yea I'm sure 0-21 is absolutely what they wanted.
    Because that isn't what matters. The minor leagues standings are a nice to have, but Carpenter getting right is way more important than how the Springfield Cardinals season ends.

And I dunno why you keep saying 0 for 21, he went 2 for 3 last night with a walk and a double and played almost the entire game and that's his only game in Memphis. He's been in Springfield working on the process this entire time and not playing in full games. He starts and has been getting pulled in the 5th inning each game. Also, the Springfield Cardinals are in last place and not going to the playoffs. Carpenter isn't interrupting anything (also Memphis is way out of the playoff hunt this year).

Also, Carpenter went to Texas so he could work with his personal people on his hitting, not his hitting coaches. And that was approved by the organization. That's what he's been doing.

Any other false perceptions you need me to correct for you?
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 08-02-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast