Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 1,201 to 1,207 of 1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    He is only one year removed from leading this team in BA/OBP. He is one of the few on the roster that knows clutch situational hitting. He can give us something we are badly missing even if in a more limited role.

After watching the pathetic debacle AB's of these last three games, it will be great to have a smart professional AB to plug into the lineup.

Wouldn't be returning to the team if his head wasn't clear.
    I agree! But if he returns with the same type of hitting as when he left, he's not going to help.

If we can get last year's Zobrist it would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    So I didnít read all of the game thread, but am I reading correctly that 20th K wants to fire Maddon and replace him with a fiery guy who yells at players to motivate them and his choice for this fiery yeller is...Ben Zobrist?
    You missed the post where he said the fiery manager who yells was made out of frustration/emotion and wasn't really how he felt. THEN he suggested Zobrist.

Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    Bold prediction time (off season edition) one of the core guys gets traded in December/January and Iím going with Kris Bryant. I think the chances of this go up if indeed Maddon is gone and the cubs donít make the playoffs. The rest of the year is basically seeing who stays for next year and no one on this team is off limits and I think Theo is tired of seeing the talent not execute so if the offense does what it did last year in the last month or two then a
    Major piece is gone. They mentioned Bryant this past off season as possibly being shopped and thatís my bold off season prediction this year into next
    Well you already owe me $200. Double or nothing on Bryant getting traded this offseason?

Cubs (56-49) at Cardinals (56-49) IGT: NL Central Showdown Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    You missed the post where he said the fiery manager who yells was made out of frustration/emotion and wasn't really how he felt. THEN he suggested Zobrist.
    Gotcha. It seemed like an interesting contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I love Ben! But unless his head is clear, and he's in shape, I'm not sure how much a 38 year old with a slash line of 241/343/ is going to make a difference.

It would be great if he did though!
    I think the biggest difference he will make is his presence in the dugout..
    He may be just what they need to loosen up and and get that winning mentality back

Whatever positive he does on the field will just be gravy

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    With Joe on his way out... what are the chances that Zo retires and replaces him? And what would you guys think about that?
    Slim if the reason why he left was to be with his kids..

Hope we kill the brewers today we are at home

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081