Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Load management! Time for fans to $tand up!!!

this may seem trivial unless you have experienced it. 2 seasons ago I spend approximately 600 for 2 very low level seats at a MAGIC game for Dirk's SUPPOSEDLY last game on Orlando

Not only did he NOT play, but he wasn't even in the building. Then to top it off, the Mavs started 4 d league players, the magic 3.

At one point there were 9 players on the court that I could not identify, and one of them wound up in the elevator at the car garage when it was time to leave

What does this have to do with load management? Well the rockets and possibly the clippers are considering it, Bron does it

Nowhere is the NBA suggesting a discount, an additional ticket, when the players that you and your family come to see don't play. And we except this! The teams blatantly discuss this as some fan friendly strategy.

I say, if we know by game time that a healthy star is not playing, then don't attend. Leave the stands and concessions empty. Fight back!

Btw, I had purchased season tickets for the following season and attempted to cancel. As the contract was written, of course I couldn't. Too late

Very angry and dissatisfied customer. No season tickets this yr

yea it's sad but the coach's are smarter than the commish and no all the ways around not playing guys.

What fans don't realize also it could mean the difference of a team getting in the playoffs and another not. Not really right that you could face Toronto last year with Kawhi and another team doesn't, that effects teams standings and missing out by a game or two.

Canít agree more..

It blows to go and find out people arenít playing. I mean it used to happen, but it was actually injury. Guys used to take pride in playing a full season.

Was curious, looked at Jordan. Other than a couple seasons, he played at least 78 games the majority. A bunch of 82s in there. He played a full season at 39..

The only way to solve this is to eliminate all back to backs. 82 games + Playoffs of full court Basketball is simply too much wear and tear on modern humans. To top it off the NBA schedules back to back games. Many back to backs are at home then away and vice versa. Add another week to the season and eliminate all the back to back games.

The only problem I foresee is that players won't want to lose a week of vacation.
    Last edited by SK6; 07-30-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Season has to be shortened and 1st round needs to go back to 5 games.

The majority of regular season games you don't even need to tune in until late in the 3rd quarter because no one is even playing their hardest until than.

That's why we have so many bloated stat players in the NBA now.

We can stop supporting it to an extent, or we can't help ourselves? Last yr was a great yr for the garden to be half empty. As this off season is showing , fans can be sold a can of stale beans and it will be more than ok, at least that's what I think teams believe
    Last edited by nicnac; 07-30-2019 at 09:21 PM.

I think if we landed Kevin Durant than that would have been Dolan serving us a can of stale beans .
    But instead for once we actually have a future to look forward to finally .
    If your not excited to be a Knick fan right now with all the young guys on this team and all the draft picks we currently have than I donít know what to tell you .

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    I think if we landed Kevin Durant than that would have been Dolan serving us a can of stale beans .
    But instead for once we actually have a future to look forward to finally .
    If your not excited to be a Knick fan right now with all the young guys on this team and all the draft picks we currently have than I donít know what to tell you .
    I agree with you, but you will be called delusional, just wait for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I agree with you, but you will be called delusional, just wait for it lol
    Delusional, haha no just kidding
    Let's see
    Let's wait for draft pick after draft pick, top 10 bc we have losing team(s) and also, as soon as the year begins, HERE'S your next free agent fantasy

This for a team that has shown no true developmental potential or method of attracting free agents

And yeh.

Let's get excited about a bunch of average players

But , ok. Not delusional, but very excepting of average or less in terms of team probability. Not excited. But for a different thread

I have read the thread title now three times and every time it makes me link of going to the bathroom.

The point is very valid and sucks for fans. I don't know that there is a good way to police it because injuries can be exaggerated and many small injuries do require rest.

NBA can mitigate but short of automatically docking players a percentage of salary based on missed games past a threshold, I don't think it will change much in the world of too much guaranteed money.

I don't think its much of an issue - If your team won the game be happy and go home. This is just going to be one of those things that endlessly debated and never addressed. League won't lessen games and can't really force the players to play. Hell even lessening games doesn't guarantee it won't happen. People 20 years from now will be load managing during 65 game season. You can't prove someone isn't suffering from a migraine and can't play. So without getting weird, not much can be done there if you're forcing teams to just have to come up with silly injuries. Players have a valid point. They want to reserve their best basketball and be healthy for the playoffs and as an NBA fan I'm okay with it.

As a Knicks fan, man if we ever had situation where we were load managing, well I'm getting hard just thinking about it lol. And if the other team is doing it, then great thanks for the win. I've been to games when people have been out for one reason or another, no big deal. Just my opinion, non issue. If you're that scared, don't go, maybe that'll fix the problem, doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I don't think its much of an issue - If your team won the game be happy and go home. This is just going to be one of those things that endlessly debated and never addressed. League won't lessen games and can't really force the players to play. Hell even lessening games doesn't guarantee it won't happen. People 20 years from now will be load managing during 65 game season. You can't prove someone isn't suffering from a migraine and can't play. So without getting weird, not much can be done there if you're forcing teams to just have to come up with silly injuries. Players have a valid point. They want to reserve their best basketball and be healthy for the playoffs and as an NBA fan I'm okay with it.

As a Knicks fan, man if we ever had situation where we were load managing, well I'm getting hard just thinking about it lol. And if the other team is doing it, then great thanks for the win. I've been to games when people have been out for one reason or another, no big deal. Just my opinion, non issue. If you're that scared, don't go, maybe that'll fix the problem, doubtful.
    I definitely dont have your perception of money well spent, especially based on salaries and ticket costs

Novel idea,. Give fans a ticket voucher for games that will not be well attended. Not an issue in ny, but could increase concession sells in Orlando and gives the fans a feeling of being concern . Maybe a half priced ticket?

Thinking outside of the box is so hard

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    Novel idea,. Give fans a ticket voucher for games that will not be well attended. Not an issue in ny, but could increase concession sells in Orlando and gives the fans a feeling of being concern . Maybe a half priced ticket?

Thinking outside of the box is so hard
    You have a point, but there's also the fact that these players are playing more today than every before starting at a young age. There was an article highlighting this as a cause for their increased risk of injury and why there seems to be more devastating injuries.

Back in the day, players didn't spend the entire offseason training and playing basketball on a daily basis for hours year round. They also didn't start playing year round at the age of 10, 11, 12 like a lot of these players do today.

Load management is simply a product of this. I personally would prefer that players play longer rather than worry about them missing a game a bought tickets to. Larry Bird only played 12 seasons in the league. Imagine if he were able to add another 5 years.

I don't think it has any bearing on attendance for any market since tickets are usually purchased in advance and you typically don't find out until hours before.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-06-2019 at 11:24 AM.

You have a point bro me and my cousin went to see the knicks vs magic a couple years back just to find out they benched kp for the game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast