Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I don't think he's a clipper fan, I think he just doesn't want to set his expectations too high with the lakers to see his hopes crushed again. Almost every year it seems like laker fans will say "next year they will be back in the playoffs". Well, it's been like 7 years..

For what it's worth, I always try to keep my expectations low too (not just with sports but with everything in general). Expect the worst (so you are prepared when things don't go your way) but hope for the best is my motto.
    6 years but our last playoffs appearance was a sweep.......

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Any amount of time is too long

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    By the Spurs which after Kobe tore his Achilles before the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    By the Spurs which after Kobe tore his Achilles before the playoffs.
    And our best player after Kob was Steve Blake.

Nash was broken down, Howard was a biznatch and Pau was in Pringlesí doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    And our best player after Kob was Steve Blake.

Nash was broken down, Howard was a biznatch and Pau was in Pringlesí doghouse.
    True that but you forgot that Pau became a ***** too.

Honestly ....

I am still depressed we didnít get Kawhi. And it irks and scares me heís right across the hall with the Clippers. I absolutely hate it

Iím just trolling in the Clippers forum. Iím a die heart Laker fan. Itís just so much negative stuff has happened to our team this last decade since our 2010 title. Iím just softening the blow if this Laker team doesnít work out by setting the bar of expectations extremely low for them.

Iím also pissed we chose Magic over West after firing Mitch. And look how that has turned out for the Lakers and Clippers respectively.

I just want our beloved Lakers to win another championship man. Itíll have been a whole decade!
    Glad you cleared that up. Kawhi Leonard used to be my top dog, too. My 1A, 1B were Kawhi (Spur) and AD (Pelican). Was disappointed, to say the least especially when he teamed up with Paul George but that actually made it easier for me to forget Kawhi.

Kawhi is a legitimate threat. Arguably the best player in the league right now just coz the Raptors won. Simple as that. HOWEVER:

vs the Heat in 14': Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Green, Diaw, Belinelli, Joseph and Mills
    vs the Dubs in 19': Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam, Green, Lowry, FVV, McCaw and Powell

Current supporting cast: Zubac, George, Williams, Beverly, Harrell, Harkless, J.Green and Shamet

Something tells me that, at least on paper -- his crew is weaker right now as compared to what he had last year and during his title run with the Spurs back in 14'. Added Paul George, but deducted Danny Green. We gotta put that into serious consideration coz errbody thought PG13 would be the perfect wingman next to Westbrook.

My take:
    1. When both players are healthy, Kawhi and AD are basically equal in all aspects. I would be really, really scared if we didnt hire Judy Seto however...
    2. Not even a fan, but Lebron James will eat Paul George alive. Can't kid ourselves. Paul George will ALWAYS come up short
    3. The defensive duos of Green/Bradley and Williams/Beverly would match up very well but I'll take Danny Green's corner three expertise and his extensive cv with regards to championship experience all day, every day
    4. I'll take Zubac's youth over McGee but the latter has championship experience and amazing chemistry with LBJ, two points that strongly count
    5. Um, there's no way in hell that Harrell and Harkless can guard DeMarcus Cousins and Kyle Kuzma
    6. I've got Quinn Cook and Landry Shamet as the Xfactors for both teams and I firmly believe that Cook could possibly play the exact same role that FVV played for the Raps during thee recent NBA finals

Los Angeles Lakers in 6 games. 2nd round, 2020 NBA playoffs.

The Key is IGgy

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    The Key is IGgy
    IgGy is the Key

Is IggY the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Glad you cleared that up. Kawhi Leonard used to be my top dog, too. My 1A, 1B were Kawhi (Spur) and AD (Pelican). Was disappointed, to say the least especially when he teamed up with Paul George but that actually made it easier for me to forget Kawhi.

Kawhi is a legitimate threat. Arguably the best player in the league right now just coz the Raptors won. Simple as that. HOWEVER:

vs the Heat in 14': Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Green, Diaw, Belinelli, Joseph and Mills

Current supporting cast: Zubac, George, Williams, Beverly, Harrell, Harkless, J.Green and Shamet

Something tells me that, at least on paper -- his crew is weaker right now as compared to what he had last year and during his title run with the Spurs back in 14'. Added Paul George, but deducted Danny Green. We gotta put that into serious consideration coz errbody thought PG13 would be the perfect wingman next to Westbrook.

My take:
    1. When both players are healthy, Kawhi and AD are basically equal in all aspects. I would be really, really scared if we didnt hire Judy Seto however...
    2. Not even a fan, but Lebron James will eat Paul George alive. Can't kid ourselves. Paul George will ALWAYS come up short
    3. The defensive duos of Green/Bradley and Williams/Beverly would match up very well but I'll take Danny Green's corner three expertise and his extensive cv with regards to championship experience all day, every day
    4. I'll take Zubac's youth over McGee but the latter has championship experience and amazing chemistry with LBJ, two points that strongly count
    5. Um, there's no way in hell that Harrell and Harkless can guard DeMarcus Cousins and Kyle Kuzma
    6. I've got Quinn Cook and Landry Shamet as the Xfactors for both teams and I firmly believe that Cook could possibly play the exact same role that FVV played for the Raps during thee recent NBA finals

That's what I'm thinking and telling people the last few weeks, everyone is afraid of LAC but I truly think we'll be better.

Iím happy how everything went down because Bron will have the opportunity to give it to KL and prove he is still the man. There is no doubt in my mind he is better than KL.

Also I think Bron and AD are going to mesh extremely well. Itís stockton and Malone on steroids, growth hormone, and plutonium.

I think Bron should start at PG for this team. I think he would absolutely pick teams apart. He and AD create so many mismatches that Green, Kuz, Cousins will just get so many wide open looks.

Very hype for this season

Two things and two things only--

Stay healthy and have a great supporting cast.

Two things and two things only--

Stay healthy and have a great supporting cast.
    Yeah health will be the biggest factor.

My take:

Lou Williams doesn't play Defense lol. Montrezl Harrell does

Lou Williams doesn't play Defense lol. Montrezl Harrell does
    right right, scratch that part. just 'duos'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12