Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You must not pay attention to media then.
    Maybe, maybe not, but i know damn well they haven't been ripped apart half as much as they should have, or they would of been fired already.

You must not pay attention to media then.
    I think the media has been surprisingly positive this offseason, this is really the first article I've read that really rips us. Even this forum has been largely positive about the moves.

We don't develop sh$t. We let them play, occasionally and with no pattern. Nothing has changed. Dolan rules his muppets and kingdom.
    `

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    We don't develop sh$t. We let them play, occasionally and with no pattern. Nothing has changed. Dolan rules his muppets and kingdom.
    That's not fair. We try for a year to develop cast offs from other teams.

Yeah, we suck at the concept of development. We also suck at the actual action of doing so.

**** off. Where's my title

I blame the front office partially, but also partially the circumstances.

I can’t blame Fiz for not turning Mudiay, Vonleh, Kornet, Hezonja, etc. into all stars or even legitimate NBA players. They likely aren’t. And that’s on the front office for not identifying better players.

At the same time, our priority was always the development of our rooks who are gonna be here long term. Add in that we had a legitimate shot at KD/Kyrie, and I can see why we emphasized cap space over trying to acquire betters guys on long term deals.

But now it’s put up or shut up for everyone.

When even Berman finally admits and writes about how hyppocrite this organization is....you know its bad.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

I can’t blame Fiz for not turning Mudiay, Vonleh, Kornet, Hezonja, etc. into all stars or even legitimate NBA players. They likely aren’t. And that’s on the front office for not identifying better players.

At the same time, our priority was always the development of our rooks who are gonna be here long term. Add in that we had a legitimate shot at KD/Kyrie, and I can see why we emphasized cap space over trying to acquire betters guys on long term deals.

Bubba couldn't agree more, blaming Fiz when he was obviously hired and instructed to develop but at the same time lose for the tank........the random lineups and shuffling you need look no further. And to your point about those players I can't blame the FO either, KP was out, it was tank season, you know Philly style so they went for the low risk high reward guys and didn't pan out.
    Just look at those guys and what they got paid, Kornet actually got the highest contract that was just above vet min.
    I would disagree with the Knicks and kept Kornet, we had him for dirt cheap and he would have saved over 6m on just one other player not signed but hey who knows.

Fiz which is sad didn't attract really any big names like all those ex heat players said he would, so now he does have to prove himself with this roster. I mean with his reputation and having Jordan for almost half a season that did nothing to keep him and help recruit KD, in fact worse he helped get everyone to Brooklyn and bragged about their culture.

Any coach with this roster can go out and get you 25-30 wins, the question is can Fiz up that and still develop the young players?

So yea this is a big year for the Knicks, from development, to winning, and the FO seeing if they can move some of the redundancy they created.

I think the Knicks focus will land on Mitch, Knox, DSJ, and Trier from last year and now add in RJ and see if Iggy can net some minutes......and Randle is a big part of now and next year and Morris will net minutes, and Portis will get his 20-24 min. Payton will get an opportunity as well.

Taj, Ellington, well not sure what their roles will be and Bullock won't play to January it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

At this point, the FO is throwing spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks. It's really all they can do. No one wants to come here, so the only players they get are fringe ones with upside. Look, if they turn Portis into a beast, the press will rave about what a great job they did.
    They need to hit with two of the FA signings and they need 2 of RJ/Knox/Frank/DSJ to really step up.
    If that happens and randle plays well and mitchell continues to grow, they can talk about the core of good, young talent.
    My fears are, DSJ will get more time than he should to try to prove he's the guy. Knox will be just what he was last year. Frank will not get any chance and regardless of what most of this board thinks, I think he has a place and his D shouldn't go overlooked.
    I think RJ will be fine. I think Randle and Mitchell will be good. Aside from that, this is a crap shoot

Is this article crushing Fiz b/c he didn't turn Mudiay or Mario into a star?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think the media has been surprisingly positive this offseason, this is really the first article I've read that really rips us. Even this forum has been largely positive about the moves.
    They really haven't been. The media has been mostly laughing and crushing the Knicks all offseason. Not sure if you're even on social media, but that's the main reason #KnicksForClicks started. It's been relentless unless you're strictly referring to Berman.

They really haven't been. The media has been mostly laughing and crushing the Knicks all offseason. Not sure if you're even on social media, but that's the main reason #KnicksForClicks started. It's been relentless unless you're strictly referring to Berman.
    I have to believe the knicks are getting crushed more because, no one wanted to come here than the players signed.
    I may not like all the players or understand the signings but they are all short term and could either contribute or be easily moved next year. I mean Morris could easily be a chip this year.
    I thought all the contracts were very smart.

in terms of actual articles and journalism I've seen more articles praising our offseason than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to believe the knicks are getting crushed more because, no one wanted to come here than the players signed.
    I may not like all the players or understand the signings but they are all short term and could either contribute or be easily moved next year. I mean Morris could easily be a chip this year.
    I thought all the contracts were very smart.
    IDK about easily.

Contenders would want Morris but matching a $15m contract is tough. Most guys making that much are part of a contenders core so they wouldn't be moved. and asking them to attach a draft asset on top of it? I can't think of a single contender that can really match that criteria. Look around at contenders rosters and who can really move a 13-17m player for Morris and give us a pick?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    in terms of actual articles and journalism I've seen more articles praising our offseason than not.
    No way man. The hate on NY has been real and this forums negative and defeatist attitude and sentiment lately seems to follow much of the media's lead. But this is NY. We take that hate, and use it to motivate which it appears is occurring as we speak we hear guys like Portis and Randle speak about the team.

Knicks president Steve Mills said multiple times last preseason his hope was to have his free-agents-to-be perform so strikingly well, he would be forced to carve out cap space for them.
    I remember him saying this, and I think it's pretty telling that we weren't interested in bringing back guys like Mudiay & Vonleh even at vet min, and even having so much leftover cap. really tells you how little they really thought of them despite giving them so many minutes last year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast