Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    in terms of actual articles and journalism I've seen more articles praising our offseason than not.
    Articles, podcasts, broadcasts, social media posts....whatever you want. They've been the laughingstock of the league this summer. I would look more nationally and not local. It's out there. Bill Simmons went on a rant like no other against the Knicks. The entire Ringer has been killing them also. There are plenty others as well.

The moves they made aren't necessarily criticized. It's the fact that they struck out in free agency. That's kinda what makes it annoying. They are all basically saying this would be a completely fine offseason if the Knicks didn't have high expectations.

Woj, David Aldridge, and Lowe have been somewhat positive, but it's with that same caveat.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-30-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Yeah I can’t agree that the media has been positive or even level-headed about the offseason. Almost every article (fairly) points out how we missed on big FAs, but then (unfairly) goes on about too many PFs, how our young players suck, etc.

Even the one positive article I saw on Mitch started with “after spending $57M on power forwards this offseason...”

I remember him saying this, and I think it's pretty telling that we weren't interested in bringing back guys like Mudiay & Vonleh even at vet min, and even having so much leftover cap. really tells you how little they really thought of them despite giving them so many minutes last year.
    Those guys even get signed?

We had dudes in this forum really hyping those two up, wanting to hand them contracts, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    It shielded them from having to answer for their failures, putting a spotlight on them.

No one in the media is talking about how they traded KP for cap space and missed on all the big targets and they have nothing to show for it but some roleplayers and a first rnd pick.

But don't worry when KP comes back and is lighting it up with Doncic, everyone will revisit this failed trade, and mills will be forced to explain why he made such a massive mistake, and why he even has his undeserved job.
    lol - google knicks

IDK about easily.

Contenders would want Morris but matching a $15m contract is tough. Most guys making that much are part of a contenders core so they wouldn't be moved. and asking them to attach a draft asset on top of it? I can't think of a single contender that can really match that criteria. Look around at contenders rosters and who can really move a 13-17m player for Morris and give us a pick?
    well you always seem to up the numbers a bit lol, it's just under 12m and as you have pointed out to me in the past why not two 6m guys?

But there are teams that would love to have him and I'm still sticking to GS and Houston is another and a couple others may need a PF.........I guess injuries don't happen?

I like Morris but the one and done contract, not really sure what to make of it, If Knicks are flopping they will have to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    lol - google knicks
    Yeah seriously. Surprised by those comments. It's probably the worst it's been in awhile to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think a revolving door of role players in a problem. Most teams have their core and the rest is a revolving door. We're building our core up, the rest of the guys will continue to be replaceable.

And to be fair, every guy we signed on a 1 year deal is a better version of the guys we lost so why is upgrading our role players a problem?

Its not a problem when you are replacing guys like Mario and Mudiay. Like for hate the new guys they weren't keepers

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

There's a stain on Fizz for not talking to Berman and bums like Isola??? Ha..I wouldn't either. Even the idiot that lives in the white house hasn't had a press briefing in months to alert the public and maintain transparency but I don't see reporters complaining about that.

I remember him saying this, and I think it's pretty telling that we weren't interested in bringing back guys like Mudiay & Vonleh even at vet min, and even having so much leftover cap. really tells you how little they really thought of them despite giving them so many minutes last year.
    Wow. The GM said publicly that some guys on the team had a chance to be here long term if they played well. What a shocking statement. Of course he said that - and who else was gonna play? Our team was down to bare bones last year lol.

Why pay Portis 12 and Gibson 10, if you can get Vonleh and Vince Carter for 2 Minimum Contracts?
    Why pay Morris 15, if you could get Iguodala+first for 10 mill.
    Why pay Bullock and Ellington serious money instead of signing them for reasonable contracts (probably min)
    Why not bring in Jamal Crawford as Mentor for the guards?
    Why bring Payton and pay him way more then anyone else would? I don't hate him, but not for this price.

So many dumb decisions which doesn't have anything to do with building.

We spend all cap and are a 27-30 win team. Great offseason is different. We are laughable.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    Why pay Portis 12 and Gibson 10, if you can get Vonleh and Vince Carter for 2 Minimum Contracts?
    Why pay Morris 15, if you could get Iguodala+first for 10 mill.
    Why pay Bullock and Ellington serious money instead of signing them for reasonable contracts (probably min)
    Why not bring in Jamal Crawford as Mentor for the guards?
    Why bring Payton and pay him way more then anyone else would? I don't hate him, but not for this price.

So many dumb decisions which doesn't have anything to do with building.

We spend all cap and are a 27-30 win team. Great offseason is different. We are laughable.
    What’s the difference if we used all the cap?

They may have overpaid a bit on some of those guys, in exchange for the non-guarantees on year 2. Allows us to dump players if needed, gives them added value if traded, or kept, possibly with the intent of resigning.

Gibson is a solid vet presence, and still gives solid minutes. Portis is much better than Vonleh, he might actually be a piece of this team going forward

And how do you know Payton wouldn’t have gotten anything? Look at what Rubio got..

I also hate to break it to you, but the goal is to win 30 or so games. Would be an improving team, competitive, with the young guys learning how to close out games

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    It shielded them from having to answer for their failures, putting a spotlight on them.

No one in the media is talking about how they traded KP for cap space and missed on all the big targets and they have nothing to show for it but some roleplayers and a first rnd pick.

But don't worry when KP comes back and is lighting it up with Doncic, everyone will revisit this failed trade, and mills will be forced to explain why he made such a massive mistake, and why he even has his undeserved job.

FIrst, KP needs to do that.
    Second, he has to stay healthy.

I don't think the stays healthy.

And oh yeah, **** KP. He is a spoiled *******

**** off. Where's my title

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123