Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    PFT reporting that Washington turned down an offer of a 1st for Trent Williams from the Patriots.
    that's too good of a trade for Snyder and Allen to take... if the pats said they would take a 1st from the skins to take Williams off their hands, that's a deal more likely to get done
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

[Rapoport] (Referring to the Trent Williams trade rumor) From what I understand, this is false. “Unequivocally not true” was the precise wording. So, carry on

Sounds like the Pats 1st and Redskins turning it down is made up, like 2/3rds of the stuff seems to be these days.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

No way the Pats offered a first lol... Do people not understand how BB operates?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    No way the Pats offered a first lol... Do people not understand how BB operates?
    It's believable to me. I said above that "fair market value" for Williams to me is more than a 1st.

You also have to consider that a Patriots 1st is rather like a top of the 2nd round pick.

The Patriots drafted Isaiah Wynn with a middle/late 1st and Williams would obviously be better than him.

Also with Brady's recent contract restructure it looks like BB is leveraging the future to get the most out of Brady's final years.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't see how the recent climate of trades, combined with how dead set Williams is to never play for Washington again, means the Redskins will get a first round pick for him, even a late one. I would be ecstatic for the Redskins to get that, and think if it was offered they should take it.

But, Bruce Allen is not going to admit he was wrong in any matter, and will dig his heels in and let Williams stay on the restricted list.

it's entirely possible the entire scenario is true....with the Patriots unwilling to be seen getting turned down, and the Redskins unwilling to admit they did it......this rumor didn't just pop out of thin air
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    it's entirely possible the entire scenario is true....with the Patriots unwilling to be seen getting turned down, and the Redskins unwilling to admit they did it......this rumor didn't just pop out of thin air
    Or it's not entirely true. Perhaps there was more involved. Like the pats first for Williams and a 2nd or 3rd. Or conditional picks involved that could make it a first if certain criteria were met.

Benjamin Allbright

I suspect both the Trent Williams and Jadaveon Clowney situations are going to get wrapped up pretty quickly.

Both have multiple suitors.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

could see the texans asking for Peterson and trent since it looks like they are going to lose lamar miller for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Benjamin Allbright

I suspect both the Trent Williams and Jadaveon Clowney situations are going to get wrapped up pretty quickly.

Both have multiple suitors.
    This guy must not know Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder. These guys will let Trent rot in order to control the narrative and be "right"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123