Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Trent Williams is not worth what the Raiders got for Khalil Mack.

A single 1st round pick perhaps - and I strongly doubt it would be a high one. Or maybe a 2nd + some other combination of picks.
    Yea. Not to mention that Mack was 27 when he was traded, Williams is 31.

The Seahawks traded a 2nd and 3rd for a 31-year old Duane Brown.

Vikings trade OT Riley Reiff and a 4th rd pick to Redskins for Trent Williams

....didn't happen, I just want it to
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Trent Williams is not worth what the Raiders got for Khalil Mack.

A single 1st round pick perhaps - and I strongly doubt it would be a high one. Or maybe a 2nd + some other combination of picks.
    A fourth and a sixth IMO. He's on a talent plane similar to Antonio Brown, and he's backed the Redskins into a corner taking away all of their trade leverage similar to Brown. He's 30 years old, hasn't played a full season since 2013. So if Brown is worth a third and a fifth, we will downgrade that slightly for Williams. Maybe even a conditional third if he stays healthy. And that's coming from a Redskins fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    A fourth and a sixth IMO. He's on a talent plane similar to Antonio Brown, and he's backed the Redskins into a corner taking away all of their trade leverage similar to Brown. He's 30 years old, hasn't played a full season since 2013. So if Brown is worth a third and a fifth, we will downgrade that slightly for Williams. Maybe even a conditional third if he stays healthy. And that's coming from a Redskins fan.
    Probably the real reason they havenít traded him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I think you can get more than a 4th and 6th. Williams doesn't appear to be the headcase that Brown was. Any team trading for him can reason that being discontent over team doctors (given the reported situation) is understandable. Brown just appeared to be a cancerous diva.

Not to mention Williams plays a cornerstone position that's widely viewed to be more important than wide receiver. I think any Super Bowl contender with a pressing need at tackle would consider giving up a late 1st for Trent. If not that, maybe a 2nd + 4th or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey tried to swing him for a 3rd + change. I think the only thing holding us back a bit is our cap situation but we did just shed about 11 million over 3 years from the Duke trade. Anyway, we'll see - I could be wrong about his value.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

I bet you could get at least a second for him.

I think you can get more than a 4th and 6th. Williams doesn't appear to be the headcase that Brown was. Any team trading for him can reason that being discontent over team doctors (given the reported situation) is understandable. Brown just appeared to be a cancerous diva.

Not to mention Williams plays a cornerstone position that's widely viewed to be more important than wide receiver. I think any Super Bowl contender with a pressing need at tackle would consider giving up a late 1st for Trent. If not that, maybe a 2nd + 4th or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey tried to swing him for a 3rd + change. I think the only thing holding us back a bit is our cap situation but we did just shed about 11 million over 3 years from the Duke trade. Anyway, we'll see - I could be wrong about his value.
    Williams isn't the headcase Brown is, but he's backed the Redskins into a corner where teams know his situation and will use that to their advantage to drive the price down. He's also 31 and hasn't had an injury-free season since 2013.

I'd also argue that WR is more important than LT. At least with LT, you can scheme to get by with a lesser player because you have four other guys on the line, and TE's who can help. If you don't have an elite WR on offense, chances that you are going to be successful are a lot less. Even an elite WR like Hopkins, with a less than stellar supporting cast, can be a playoff offense.

The Redskins need to get rid of all their docs.

I did see they asked him to get a second opinion, but to say your fine and a tumor doesnít disappear I would of referred him to an oncologist. Even in the Cardiology office I work at, we donít deal with non heart related issues, but we don't say you are fine if it isnít heart related. We are actually liable in that instance if we did if there was a growth on a person and they ask about it.

Sua Cravens has been in a legal battle for 2 years because the Redskins says he faked his injury and held his salary.

Colt McCoy has gone through 3 more procedures since he broke his leg because they tried to rush him back.

At some point the league needs to take action because this is ridiculous. If the league can take action on concussions, they need to take action on medical staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    The Redskins need to get rid of all their docs.

I did see they asked him to get a second opinion, but to say your fine and a tumor doesnít disappear I would of referred him to an oncologist. Even in the Cardiology office I work at, we donít deal with non heart related issues, but we don't say you are fine if it isnít heart related. We are actually liable in that instance if we did if there was a growth on a person and they ask about it.

Sua Cravens has been in a legal battle for 2 years because the Redskins says he faked his injury and held his salary.

Colt McCoy has gone through 3 more procedures since he broke his leg because they tried to rush him back.

At some point the league needs to take action because this is ridiculous. If the league can take action on concussions, they need to take action on medical staffs.
    Yeah and I don't understand it because Dr. James Andrews is their team doctor, and he's very highly regarded. Makes you wonder if it's actually the doctors that are doing this, or if it's coming from someone higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah and I don't understand it because Dr. James Andrews is their team doctor, and he's very highly regarded. Makes you wonder if it's actually the doctors that are doing this, or if it's coming from someone higher up.
    Andrews is the sideline attending doctor, but isn't on the medical staff. That is actually a company called Inova Health. Between them and the Strength and Conditioning Staff, you have the problem with all of the injuries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12