Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Hypothetically for discussion purpose, let's say Vlad or maybe Bichette had the Stoman act would you want either traded?
    Yes I'd trade them. If those personalities become the major voice in the clubhouse, then the team will feed of it and never fulfill their potential and creates a toxic environment.

There's a reason why Carmelo in the NBA didn't make the playoffs when he was the lead voice and talent with the Knicks, no one wanted to sign him and only makes the playoffs with a positive atmosphere in Portland.

Since we're on the subject of attitude. How do you feel about Clevinger and Plesac?

Since we're on the subject of attitude. How do you feel about Clevinger and Plesac?
    Stupid, but not something I wouldn't let get in the way of we traded for one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Stupid, but not something I wouldn't let get in the way of we traded for one of them
    I meant what they did in comparison to Stroman's attitude.

I meant what they did in comparison to Stroman's attitude.
    The difference is a fresh start, once you become a cancer in your clubhouse you can't undo how you treated your teammates. Stroman spent years here and many teammates disliked him, especially how he treated rookies. He was done here.

Cleveland will have to trade Plesac (seems like hes more hated by his peers than Clevinger who has made longer bonds) or maybe both to fix that fractured clubhouse. The difference is, Plesac did something stupid once (that we know of) and is younger and can learn from it, Stroman did more crap, seems set in his ways and even decided to opt out only after he accrued enough time to become a FA. I'm sure his teammates and GM love him for that. He's also done as a Met as well.

Iím not sure which one is a bigger ********. Clevinger was all kinds of stupid for the lying and ******** and then Plesac goes on a trump style rant blaming the media. He knew the rules. He saw what happened in Miami and St Louis. Clearly no respect for his teammates, his competitors, or even us as fans. Iím so happy that they got sent down. Apparently it will affect their arbitration times. But I canít be sure.

Itís a tough spot. Theyíre both pretty good. But as a teammate, I donít know that Iíd want them back. Probably have to trade them. New cities generally forget the past. (See Osuna, Chapman, etc etc.)

These are not normal times. This is worse then just something stupid or having an attitude. They went against protocol during a global pandemic and jeopardized the safety of others.

Didn't like this trade at the time at all, but it is looking solid at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    These are not normal times. This is worse then just something stupid or having an attitude. They went against protocol during a global pandemic and jeopardized the safety of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Iím not sure which one is a bigger ********. Clevinger was all kinds of stupid for the lying and ******** and then Plesac goes on a trump style rant blaming the media. He knew the rules. He saw what happened in Miami and St Louis. Clearly no respect for his teammates, his competitors, or even us as fans. Iím so happy that they got sent down. Apparently it will affect their arbitration times. But I canít be sure.

Itís a tough spot. Theyíre both pretty good. But as a teammate, I donít know that Iíd want them back. Probably have to trade them. New cities generally forget the past. (See Osuna, Chapman, etc etc.)
    Yep. It's more disappointing with Clevinger because he's almost 30 years old. I get the youth argument with Plesac, still it does not condone what he did. I bring up youth because where I live most of the folks contracting the virus are younger, ignoring recommendations, and spreading it (we had a local bar traced to 152 cases of college students in ONE evening).

Anyhow I didn't read the punishment, but if Cleveland sent them down and possibly affected their arbitration/service time it might be fitting.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011