Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm not happy that 2015 team was just a contender. They should've won it all. If they had Thor they probably would have. Same thing goes for the 2016 team.

2015 was definitely the most fun I've ever had watching baseball as well. The 2016 team wouldn't have made the playoffs if it wasn't for the mid season trades that Ross Atkins made. The BP was a dumpster fire and he made it elite. We literally had nothing to cheer for over the last 20 years prior to that. AA was the first taste of success and it was so exciting that people didn't even care that he had loaded the team full of old guys and literally had 0 youth coming up through the system. Ross Atkins is the first GM in my lifetime who's actually had a clear cut plan for this team and stuck to it. AA was exciting but his style was incredibly volatile.
    Elite? He made the BP passable. He had to because he neglected to address it in the prior offseason.

0 youth coming up in the system? K lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Hang on it? I never even brought it up, Robbie did. I mean, you can be ok with "everything AA did" and still be objective and realize it was a terrible trade. Thor would have been a better addition to both playoff teams then Dickey.
    Wasnít referring to you. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I would say do it again? Trade off the farm take a shot at World Series this year and next. If most our prospects won't make it
    There's already talk about them burning some prospect capital for an OF/impact bat. The name they were talking about on the radio was JD Martinez, only problem is that he clogs up the DH spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I couldn't be more calm. It's a perfect afternoon for deck and a few chemicals to engage the mind.

The Dickey trade still sucks

I couldn't be more calm. It's a perfect afternoon for deck and a few chemicals to engage the mind.

The Dickey trade still sucks
    Same except Iím up fishing at Grundy lake. Lots of various substances though. Shrooms, weed and wine/liquor/beer.

Anyone looking for an amazing camping place - I highly recommend Grundy. Itís the wives and iís favourite.

Same except Iím up fishing at Grundy lake. Lots of various substances though. Shrooms, weed and wine/liquor/beer.

Anyone looking for an amazing camping place - I highly recommend Grundy. Itís the wives and iís favourite.
    I usually get my grass online and noticed that they are selling shrooms too. It's been a long time since I've done any psychedelics but I may have to try them

I usually get my grass online and noticed that they are selling shrooms too. It's been a long time since I've done any psychedelics but I may have to try them
    Yeah I noticed that after too! Iíve had a half o lying around for a while though so we just brought that.

Elite? He made the BP passable. He had to because he neglected to address it in the prior offseason.

0 youth coming up in the system? K lol.
    He actually did address it by trading Revere for Storen in the off-season. Unfortunately Storen sucked so he flipped him for Joaquin Benoit who was incredible.

Grili was great before falling apart in September and Benoit literally gave up 1 run as a Blue Jay. The pen had nothing outside of Osuna and Cecil who was off to a terrible start so those trade really helped. This isn't even taking into account how Liriano shored up the back end of the rotation too.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I just do it to bother you. After all, you were holding onto the JD trade for how many years? I never really mentioned the Thor trade until last year. I find it funny how you can't handle someone expressing their displeasure yet you go to such great lengths to talk negatively about this FO. It's almost like you're trying to be negative at this point. You're totally free to do so but don't get upset when I throw your own nonsense back at you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There's already talk about them burning some prospect capital for an OF/impact bat. The name they were talking about on the radio was JD Martinez, only problem is that he clogs up the DH spot.
    I would say a power hitting outfield. Maybe another power bat and front of rotation pitcher or closer. A Donaldson type trade.

Definitely do it though. A arguable shot at next 3 world series? Yankees about best team and they have their holes. After Coles and Tanaka their pitching drops off. Judge and Hicks are often injured. Gardner could be done.

Trade 8 or 9 prospects. We can't trade this year's pics, so Martin and others remain. World Series every attainable.

Stroman officially opted out of the season on the day he got his 6th year of service time. We got Kay and SWR for 11 starts of Stroman. Darth Atkins for the win!

Stroman officially opted out of the season on the day he got his 6th year of service time. We got Kay and SWR for 11 starts of Stroman. Darth Atkins for the win!
    Best move we made

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Best move we made
    I can agree with this.

A little bit of luck there for sure. But to get that package for 11 starts of Stro, seems real good now.

Some ppl still hang onto that trade like they arenít even happy to have been contenders for the first time in 20 years.

Iím pleased with everything AA did because those playoff runs were the most exciting baseball related thing I have ever experienced.
    I'm pleased with how lucky the Jays were to have a competitive team in 2015 and should have won it if we had a BP or (Thor/D'Arnaud over Dickey and Thole). Admittedly the JD and Price trades were what got us there and luck in how JB and EE turned out in Toronto.

However, I'm still left thinking we would have gotten there sooner or had a longer run had AA not made some trades and was actually good at drafting/not rushing our prospects. It felt like he was playing a video game MLB GM career mode with the amount of trades he made with just as many successes as he did have fails.

Food for thought, why hasn't he taken the same approach in ATL to trade their top farm players?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast