Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Contracts like Bobby Bonilla have become the norm for stars now though. Players are going to be getting paid well into their retirement.
    True. I'm pretty sure I seen that Betts will still be getting paid until he's 52. Pretty sure it was Betts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    True. I'm pretty sure I seen that Betts will still be getting paid until he's 52. Pretty sure it was Betts
    Wouldn't be surprised. My personal fav is Chris Davis has about 40 million deferred for sometime in the 2030's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    They are def still paying Bonilla
    Yeah and at least 1 more for the Mets.

Wouldn't be surprised. My personal fav is Chris Davis has about 40 million deferred for sometime in the 2030's.
    Are we paying anybody who is retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Are we paying anybody who is retired?
    Tulo lol

Thatís what happens when you hire an agent as your GM.
    Why should never brag. A few years ago Mets fans were thanking us for Dickey trade. Back when they had Harvey, Syndergaard, deGrom starting.

Why should never brag. A few years ago Mets fans were thanking us for Dickey trade. Back when they had Harvey, Syndergaard, deGrom starting.
    I mean, they are still thanking us, they somehow convinced AA to take Dickey

Iíve been ok with the dickey trade for a few years. Thor our for the year this year was icing on the cake for me

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iíve been ok with the dickey trade for a few years. Thor our for the year this year was icing on the cake for me
    Some ppl still hang onto that trade like they arenít even happy to have been contenders for the first time in 20 years.

Iím pleased with everything AA did because those playoff runs were the most exciting baseball related thing I have ever experienced.

Some ppl still hang onto that trade like they arenít even happy to have been contenders for the first time in 20 years.

Iím pleased with everything AA did because those playoff runs were the most exciting baseball related thing I have ever experienced.
    I'm not happy that 2015 team was just a contender. They should've won it all. If they had Thor they probably would have. Same thing goes for the 2016 team.

2015 was definitely the most fun I've ever had watching baseball as well. The 2016 team wouldn't have made the playoffs if it wasn't for the mid season trades that Ross Atkins made. The BP was a dumpster fire and he made it elite. We literally had nothing to cheer for over the last 20 years prior to that. AA was the first taste of success and it was so exciting that people didn't even care that he had loaded the team full of old guys and literally had 0 youth coming up through the system. Ross Atkins is the first GM in my lifetime who's actually had a clear cut plan for this team and stuck to it. AA was exciting but his style was incredibly volatile.

Hang on it? I never even brought it up, Robbie did. I mean, you can be ok with "everything AA did" and still be objective and realize it was a terrible trade. Thor would have been a better addition to both playoff teams then Dickey.

I'm fine with it now, it's been almost a decade ago but it's not hard to point out how bad the trade was. Easily top three in Jays history

Could do it again now? If you wish. We .500 team, trade off the farm system for 3 or 4 top vets. Put us in playoffs.

Could do it again now? If you wish. We .500 team, trade off the farm system for 3 or 4 top vets. Put us in playoffs.
    Atkins was able to do that in 2016 without losing any prospects who's names anyone can remember.

Atkins was able to do that in 2016 without losing any prospects who's names anyone can remember.
    I would say do it again? Trade off the farm take a shot at World Series this year and next. If most our prospects won't make it

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast