Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Marcus Stroman traded to the Mets

I wonder what the return will be. Fans are not optimistic. Also, something seemed to have happened in the clubhouse.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Woods-Richardson looks decent. Kay looks meh. He’s 24 and just made it to AAA in mid-June. He did have Tommy John tho and didn’t make it to the pros until 2018 tho.

We’ll see how they do I guess. Sad to see Stro leave.

lol

Call the cops Jays got robbed again 😆 But I guess it's easy to do with who we have running the show. lol

What just happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I know he's still in A ball but Woods-Richardson has some gaudy stats

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What just happened?
    Your boys Shatkins are up to it again.

I mean, holy **** that’s pretty much worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Your boys Shatkins are up to it again.
    My boys? I simply gave them leniency due to the fact that everyone they had to deal was either sucking or hurt. This move just flat out sucks though. A TORP gets us a middle of the rotation type prospect and an 18 year old.

I have no way of knowing what will happen in the future, but as things stand this feels light.

In Shi Davidi's article over on Sportsnet.ca, he says that the Jays were upset when they couldn't pick up this guy Woods Richardson in the draft and had to settle for Groshans. Scouts/executives from other teams have said they don't feel like he's all that great. It seems like they overpaid for one of the guys they valued. It's fine that they covet this pitcher or whatever, but you don't use Stroman, literally your best trade chip, to make this kind of move.

I just can't believe that was the best offer out there. These guys should get canned, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    My boys? I simply gave them leniency due to the fact that everyone they had to deal was either sucking or hurt. This move just flat out sucks though. A TORP gets us a middle of the rotation type prospect and an 18 year old.
    Yeah, are they really anybody's boys? They're our team's FO, so we root for them and want them to do well, but when it really boils down to it, do we really care who makes the decisions? As long as they do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, are they really anybody's boys? They're our team's FO, so we root for them and want them to do well, but when it really boils down to it, do we really care who makes the decisions? As long as they do a good job.
    They may not be your boys. But when you defend them for years in the face of other people rightfully questioning their competence years earlier .....They become your boys

So much for Kyle Tucker and Jordan Alvarez.

That this was the best they could do clearly says what the industry thought of Stroman. The Mets top prospects Jason Dunn and Jarred Kelenic went in the Cano trade. So these 2 are more like lotto tickets. Word in NY was that as soon as they Drafted and Signed Matthew Allan they were done with Woods-Richardson because despite his strong arm he's further away than they'd hoped.

Part of the problem is that many of the Mets scouts liked him better as a 3rd baseman and as a hitter. As a pitcher he loses velocity rather quickly and he's stubborn. He came to the Mets with 8 pitches in his arsenal and they wanted him to cut it down to 4 so that he can work on repetition but he hasn't been willing to do so...

To me it's a mistake to draft a guy you like as a position player and let him pitch becaus if he isn't on the same page as your development people, it's not going to work. The Mets signed him away from the university of Texas because he wants to pitch and they were willing to let him try but I'm of the mind that a second round pick is too high to waste on a kid like that.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-29-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Really hard to be a Blue Jays fan right now. Just can't get into the team.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast