Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Am I the only one who was growing tired of the Stroman act before he was dealt and was happy we traded him before most of our younger players we called up and influenced by him?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Food for thought, why hasn't he taken the same approach in ATL to trade their top farm players?
    I believe itís because he isnít dealing with the ALBeast. Doesnít have an aging Bautista and EE on outstanding contracts, coinciding with the Yankees and Sox at a rare low.

I'm pleased with how lucky the Jays were to have a competitive team in 2015 and should have won it if we had a BP or (Thor/D'Arnaud over Dickey and Thole). Admittedly the JD and Price trades were what got us there and luck in how JB and EE turned out in Toronto.

However, I'm still left thinking we would have gotten there sooner or had a longer run had AA not made some trades and was actually good at drafting/not rushing our prospects. It felt like he was playing a video game MLB GM career mode with the amount of trades he made with just as many successes as he did have fails.

Food for thought, why hasn't he taken the same approach in ATL to trade their top farm players?
    I'm guessing it has to with learning from.his mistakes and already having a outstanding base of MLB talent when he arrived.

Am I the only one who was growing tired of the Stroman act before he was dealt and was happy we traded him before most of our younger players we called up and influenced by him?
    You were not the only one. I was thrilled when he was dealt.

Hypothetically for discussion purpose, let's say Vlad or maybe Bichette had the Stoman act would you want either traded?

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Hypothetically for discussion purpose, let's say Vlad or maybe Bichette had the Stoman act would you want either traded?
    Depends where we are in the rebuild. If it happened now, then yes. Montoyo doesnít seem like the type of manager than can handle those strong personalities.

Imagine an FO that runs their team based on whether they "fit" in or not? so stupid.

As long as a player performs and does nothing illegal this should NEVER be a factor

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Imagine an FO that runs their team based on whether they "fit" in or not? so stupid.

As long as a player performs and does nothing illegal this should NEVER be a factor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Depends where we are in the rebuild. If it happened now, then yes. Montoyo doesnít seem like the type of manager than can handle those strong personalities.
    I kind of agree with both, but tend to lean a bit more towards hanton's point.

I kind of feel the same way regarding Montoyo. A guy like Maddon and Girardi would seem to know how to handle those stronger personalities, but managers like them are rare unfortunately.

I kind of agree with both, but tend to lean a bit more towards hanton's point.

I kind of feel the same way regarding Montoyo. A guy like Maddon and Girardi would seem to know how to handle those stronger personalities, but managers like them are rare unfortunately.
    Ginny was good for that, but sucked with development.

So why does Yasiel Puig only get 1 year deals?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So why does Yasiel Puig only get 1 year deals?
    I don't know. I love Puig.

Puig's best WAR came in his first two seasons (4.7 & 4.9 respectively). Posted 2.2 WAR in 2018 (125 games), 0.9 WAR in 2019 (100 games). If he produced 4.0 WAR he'd be easily signed.

Stroman posted a 4.6 WAR in 2019 and a monster 5.2 WAR in 2017 WAR sandwiched in was a 0.3 WAR when he was injured in 2018. Stroman over Puig any day.

Honestly, couldn't disagree more. At least at the stage we are at. You want quality, character guys. When you're on the cusp, then you can add the other types of guys. Masai Ujiri built a championship team that way. He's not the first and won't be the last.

Maybe people don't want his attitude in the clubhouse? Could be why it took JD 3 years to land a multi year deal as well. Fit matters.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Honestly, couldn't disagree more. At least at the stage we are at. You want quality, character guys. When you're on the cusp, then you can add the other types of guys. Masai Ujiri built a championship team that way. He's not the first and won't be the last.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast