Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Ezekial Elliott a no-show at Cowboys camp

Holding out for a new deal it seems, can't say I blame him considering the shelf life for RBs in the NFL. The Cowboys have a lot to figure out as it pertains to extending EE, Prescott and Cooper.

OXNARD, Calif. -- Even though Ezekiel Elliott is not at training camp, the Dallas Cowboys' goal is to sign the two-time NFL rushing champion to a long-term deal along with quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper.

The order of who signs does not matter to executive vice president Stephen Jones, who heads up the team's negotiations. Jones said there are planned negotiations between the representatives for the players, either face-to-face or over the phone, while the team is in California.

"Certainly we'll be working on it behind the scenes and we feel optimistic that when we're all said and done here that things will usually work themselves out," Jones said during the state-of-the-Cowboys news conference in Oxnard, California, on Friday.

Elliott's absence does not help the process, but the Cowboys view the running back's absence more as a hiccup than something that will become protracted.

"Zeke is an outstanding player. I don't want to seem cavalier about it, but I also don't want to be unrealistic being alarmed about it. This is what we do. This is the air we breathe," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "And if you flared and knee-jerked ... just because you have parts of it that need addressing, you wouldn't be able to manage. You wouldn't be functioning."

Read More: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-negotiations

On one hand he makes a point leading the league in touches and rushing but on the other hand I remember Murray didnít do anything after he left. I think the cowboys have the advantage on this one he has two years left on his rookie deal and no need for the cowboys to pay him. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

yup... running backs to me get a pass over everyone... they get hit the most and have the hardest jobs and get cut the second they fall off some which isnt long because of the shelf life. Get yours Zeek

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup... running backs to me get a pass over everyone... they get hit the most and have the hardest jobs and get cut the second they fall off some which isnt long because of the shelf life. Get yours Zeek
    Itís not even that much money compared to other positions. I still think the position hold value . But this may be a case where Dallas is trying to use a NFL trend where RB donít get big money because of the multiple running backs most teams use. But Dallas doesnít follow that trend . They had no problem paying Lawrence and yes constant pressure on the opposing QB is important but is it more important then the guy who gets the ball 1st and 2nd down seemingly every possession ? They claim that offensive approach is dead in Dallas but Iíll believe it when I see it.

Jones is claiming they have offers out to Cooper, Dak and Zeke. My guess is all 3 will be signed by pre season .

This will be a real test of how much he stands by Zeke, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    On one hand he makes a point leading the league in touches and rushing but on the other hand I remember Murray didnít do anything after he left. I think the cowboys have the advantage on this one he has two years left on his rookie deal and no need for the cowboys to pay him. Yet.
    Murray still had a year with 1,287 yards rushing, 4.4 avg., and 12 total TD with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Murray still had a year with 1,287 yards rushing, 4.4 avg., and 12 total TD with the Titans.
    Yes that is a solid season no doubt but his other two seasons away from the cowboys he barely went over total rush yards combined he had in one year with the cowboys. I think Murray was an average starting NFL back overall. With the cowboys to start his career he rushed for 897; 663; 1121 then the big season 1845. He leaves and hits 702; 1287 and 659. Cowboys made him that one season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Zeke knows heís the best player on that offense and should be paid as such.

I don't really know how to feel about this. On one hand the short life of a RB means he should get as much as possible, on the other hand he's only going into year 4 of a fully guaranteed top 5 pick salary, it's a little early to be bailing on camp IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I don't really know how to feel about this. On one hand the short life of a RB means he should get as much as possible, on the other hand he's only going into year 4 of a fully guaranteed top 5 pick salary, it's a little early to be bailing on camp IMO.
    He's probably trying to avoid a scenario where he gets franchise tagged after playing out his rookie contract.

The Cowboys have shown they're not hesitant to do so. DeMarcus Lawrence had to play a year on the tag before he got an extensions, and that's not a good way for an RB to maximize his earning potential.

Being nice...5 years on a rookie deal, 2 franchise tags then hes probably done.

Get yours Zeke
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

The cowboys are doing nothing wrong as they are merely following the cba rookie deal.
    Zeke realizes the cba sucks for running backs as they have a shorter playing time.
    No one is wrong here which makes the situation difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The cowboys are doing nothing wrong as they are merely following the cba rookie deal.
    Zeke realizes the cba sucks for running backs as they have a shorter playing time.
    No one is wrong here which makes the situation difficult.
    The Cowboys should pay their best player, IMO. I'm happy they aren't choosing to though and hope he holds out forever.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .462AVG/.429OBP/.615SLG/1.044OPS/2RBIs/0 Dingers

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Zeke knows heís the best player on that offense and should be paid as such.
    and he really really is and its a sad time when you know the other team will stack 8 guys in the box and you will make 100 mill less then the QB who you literally carry all because of shelf life etc.... the NFL is really stupid in this area. I would sit out for as long as possible until I am paid 2nd to only the QB because QBs sadly will always get more..

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    and it would be a gripe if top 5 salary was actually top 5 salary like a sam bradford got.... This dude is going to get killed because of His QB etc and deserves the pay day. If they dont want to pay him trade me to a team that will or a top 5 QB where the other team wont stack the box all game long and I am forced to rush up the gut 30 plus times... NAAAA

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast