Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 291
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Would you say Zeke is our peer right now?
    I see Zeke as the best example of what is wrong with the way things are being done in the NFL when it comes to money. Have we ever seen a player not live up to his contract so he gives some back? How silly was that Flynn/Wilson situation in Seattle? The guy on the bench making far more than the guy playing, huh?

    The way things are being done now is ridiculous. And it doesn't have to be this way.

    How about, your first contract (probation sorta) is the same for everyone, and you can be cut/dumped. Then after that contract is done, now it's time for an agent and talk of your worth/value. I like it.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    How about, your first contract (probation sorta) is the same for everyone, and you can be cut/dumped. Then after that contract is done, now it's time for an agent and talk of your worth/value. I like it.
    That's like the current system except you made it worse.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That's like the current system except you made it worse.
    All rookies are paid the same?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    All rookies are paid the same?
    Their salary is determined entirely by draft position. That's one of the ways your system would be worse.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,843
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Thatís probably the market price for him. Just above cousins and Jimmy G but not more then Ryan . So heís obviously gonna squeeze for more then Ryan but he will probably sign for close to that.
    That market price will drop considerably if heís allowed to test the market, which I believe he will be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Their salary is determined entirely by draft position. That's one of the ways your system would be worse.
    That has never made any sense at all. Teams are always looking for left tackles, pass rushers, not so much running backs. What a team needs shouldn't be a factor here. A tackle out of BYU was taken 6th because the Bears needed a tackle. that shouldn't cost other players money like the number one ranked RB who went 15th because nobody needed a RB before the Bills.

    All players sign a four year deal making a first contract amount (whatever they decide) after four seasons, then it becomes individual, now you talk worth.

    Nobody has to play in the NFL, if that situation isn't for you, do something else.

    Things need to change so we can't have selffish players being a problem.

    The second contract is for two seasons at whatever your agent can get you. Your third contract is when things get real serious and very individual.

    Paying college kids from RinkyDinky U who starred vs Blufton, Lane, Kutztown State more than a kid out of the SEC/Big12 etc has never made any sense.
    Last edited by Daveon; 08-21-2019 at 03:13 PM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,697
    By the way, CCRider, do you have to pay taxes on your huge gambling profits now?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    That has never made any sense at all. Teams are always looking for left tackles, pass rushers, not so much running backs. What a team needs shouldn't be a factor here. A tackle out of BYU was taken 6th because the Bears needed a tackle. that shouldn't cost other players money like the number one ranked RB who went 15th because nobody needed a RB before the Bills.

    All players sign a four year deal making a first contract amount (whatever they decide) after four seasons, then it becomes individual, now you talk worth.

    Nobody has to play in the NFL, if that situation isn't for you, do something else.

    Things need to change so we can't have selffish players being a problem.

    The second contract is for two seasons at whatever your agent can get you. Your third contract is when things get real serious and very individual.

    Paying college kids from RinkyDinky U who starred vs Blufton, Lane, Kutztown State more than a kid out of the SEC/Big12 etc has never made any sense.
    Nobody has to be an owner either if they cant endure the risk of signing someone who doesn't live up to their contract. You took the least player friendly CBA and acted like it was so in favor of the players. Pretty funny stuff

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,420
    Sounds like Ezekiel Elliot has been offered the 2nd highest contract for a RB in the NFL. So that contract is likely somewhere between 4/52.5mill and 4/60mill.

    https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-new...n-the-nfl/amp/

    Your baby can't do this

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,313
    Sounds like they offered him more then Bell but less then Gurley. So they really canít be far apart but this is how teams try to not pay way more then Gurley. Itís just how Dallas does business . Always has been.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Sounds like they offered him more then Bell but less then Gurley. So they really canít be far apart but this is how teams try to not pay way more then Gurley. Itís just how Dallas does business . Always has been.
    The key is the guarantee. We dont know if they are low balling him on that. I am not sure the Rams dont have some buyers regret right about now.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,043
    The real question is at what point is he going in fantasy football drafts? Tuff lessons learned last year with L-Bell. Iím not the type of guy that cares about another mans money but fantasy football effects my money and more importantly bragging rights with the muchachos.

    Itís a gamble to select him high and he misses a few games but also IF heís playing heís getting mad points.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    The real question is at what point is he going in fantasy football drafts? Tuff lessons learned last year with L-Bell. Iím not the type of guy that cares about another mans money but fantasy football effects my money and more importantly bragging rights with the muchachos.

    Itís a gamble to select him high and he misses a few games but also IF heís playing heís getting mad points.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like a different situation then Bell. Within one week the whole situation seemed to have went from Dire to optimistic . Zeke would be crazy to take this much further . He has no real bargaining power here . He canít hold out for 2 seasons .

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Seems like a different situation then Bell. Within one week the whole situation seemed to have went from Dire to optimistic . Zeke would be crazy to take this much further . He has no real bargaining power here . He canít hold out for 2 seasons .
    Wouldn't matter if he did either, cause his seasons wouldn't accrue since he is on his rookie contract.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Wouldn't matter if he did either, cause his seasons wouldn't accrue since he is on his rookie contract.
    He will be signed before the weekend is over . Thereís a unconfirmed report that heís headed to Frisco now.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •