Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I want to see Randle this season without AD to see what his numbers look like but right now Griffin is better passer and Love is better rebounder and 3pt shooter then him this is about the only advantage i see them having over Randle. Randle is also better longterm health wise than either of them.
    without AD he was a stud last year:

here is each game AD didn't play at all-

Pts/reb/assists

24/8/6
    29/6/3
    29/15/7
    26/10/3
    20/12/5
    13/13/2
    31/7/3
    24/13/5
    28/10/4
    18/9/7
    45/11/6
    24/9/5
    34/11/3
    17/5/3
    34/11/3
    31/14/3

Tell me without AD those numbers are not impressive!!! That is a stat line of 26.7/9.7/4.3
    Last edited by still a fan; 07-31-2019 at 03:10 PM.

I know I'm high on this kid but Iggy Braz may push his way into this conversation down the road. When he was asked to come to Michigan, he was told he would have to compete for minutes and wasn't promised anything. He went on to become the team leader and number one option as a rookie.

Conference Freshman of the Yr. / All Conference Team and lead his team to the Big Dance in March.
    Iggy just flat out has skills:

High IQ
    Shooter
    Savy Ball Handle
    Strong
    Finishing ability with both hands
    Creator

And he has that IT factor I love. I know it's summer league and college but watch him with the ball. His comfort level running pick and roll, or taking the baseline, or coming off a screen for a knock down, is uncanny. I don't know if he's a number 1, 2, or 3 option. All I know is I feel really comfortable with the ball in his hands.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-31-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    without AD he was a stud last year:

here is each game AD didn't play at all-

Pts/reb/assists

24/8/6
    29/6/3
    29/15/7
    26/10/3
    20/12/5
    13/13/2
    31/7/3
    24/13/5
    28/10/4
    18/9/7
    45/11/6
    24/9/5
    34/11/3
    17/5/3
    34/11/3
    31/14/3

Tell me without AD those numbers are not impressive!!! That is a stat line of 26.7/9.7/4.3
    Come on man, you're better than this. These are the numbers without AD or the numbers without any talent period?

Even Jrue Holiday posted the best numbers of his career last season. Is he good? No. Did he play well? No.

Just like the knicks, teams look at NOP as an easy win. They don't try and they don't play high effort because there is a lack of skill. You can pump Randle up all you want, those numbers are inflated because of the team he plays on.

On a good team (which we are not), he is a 15 pt guy. There is a reason why the market for him was low, he isn't that good. I'd hold off on buying his jersey Still, you will get at 70% of when the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Come on man, you're better than this. These are the numbers without AD or the numbers without any talent period?

Even Jrue Holiday posted the best numbers of his career last season. Is he good? No. Did he play well? No.

Just like the knicks, teams look at NOP as an easy win. They don't try and they don't play high effort because there is a lack of skill. You can pump Randle up all you want, those numbers are inflated because of the team he plays on.

On a good team (which we are not), he is a 15 pt guy. There is a reason why the market for him was low, he isn't that good. I'd hold off on buying his jersey Still, you will get at 70% of when the season is over.
    Did you just say Jrue Holiday isnít good? Maybe take a few plays off, sit this one out.

better than what? You know what post this was in reply too correct? The question was what was Randle's stats without AD and hence the post with the games AD didn't play.

Second, they weren't a pushover last year

Third, if you think Jrue isn't good, well I got nothing....

Fourth- the comment about lousy team makes me chuckle because then all lower teams should have players putting up huge numbers

Lastly, you are going to be pleasantly surprised with how Randle plays and contributes.

This is terrible, especially the Jrue Holiday part.

I just want to fast forward 3 yrs and see Trier, RJ, Iggy, Knox, and Mitch on the court together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I just want to fast forward 3 yrs and see Trier, RJ, Iggy, Knox, and Mitch on the court together.
    No mitch ?

To the above... now it all makes sense. If you guys think Jrue Holiday is a good player, anyone including Randle could be considered a star.

Smart guys we have on this forum. Literally we could get Jrue right now for Frank a filler. He is a horrible contract and an overrated player. I don't know what is worse, the knicks in general or these fans that get excited every year only to end up in the same spot which close to last, if not last.

Enjoy Randle guys, we will be trying to trade him away in a season or two. Maybe we will attach RJ to get rid of him too.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    This is terrible, especially the Jrue Holiday part.
    As usually you give an opinion with zero statistics or substance.

To the above... now it all makes sense. If you guys think Jrue Holiday is a good player, anyone including Randle could be considered a star.

Smart guys we have on this forum. Literally we could get Jrue right now for Frank a filler. He is a horrible contract and an overrated player. I don't know what is worse, the knicks in general or these fans that get excited every year only to end up in the same spot which close to last, if not last.

Enjoy Randle guys, we will be trying to trade him away in a season or two. Maybe we will attach RJ to get rid of him too.
    Jrue is a good player. Solid or better on both sides of the ball. Whether or not heís overpaid is a different argument, but I donít think itís terrible. Probably not, considering what players are getting these days

NO actually said they had no interest trading him, and it would be way more than a salary dump return if they did. Heís a legit starter on most teams, so Iím not sure where you are coming from there..

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    better than what? You know what post this was in reply too correct? The question was what was Randle's stats without AD and hence the post with the games AD didn't play.

Second, they weren't a pushover last year

Third, if you think Jrue isn't good, well I got nothing....

Fourth- the comment about lousy team makes me chuckle because then all lower teams should have players putting up huge numbers

Lastly, you are going to be pleasantly surprised with how Randle plays and contributes.
    LOL they weren't a push over? They had 33 wins. I won't be surprised with Randles play, he will fill up the stat sheet because he is surrounded with inferior talent. Unless RJ or Knox develop he will get his numbers and we will get our lottery pick. Wonderful! I am so excited!

When you and everyone else (including myself) were excited we cleared up all the cap room I am sure Randle was one of the top players we were thinking about. Forget KD, Kryie, AD, etc... we were all thinking about Randle.

Allonzo Trier is the best we have for a first option today which is why we'll see him close most games. Trier makes an argument for the best player on the team behind Randle and I expect him to take DSjr's place as the starting PG by the all-star break. Extend the kid asap.
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-01-2019 at 08:35 AM.

As usually you give an opinion with zero statistics or substance.
    I usually post essays with plenty of things to support my opinions, but arguing that Jrue Holiday is a good player isn't worth the time. Just watch basketball. I really have nothing to say about this at all besides it being a terrible take and it's not like you posted anything to support your claim either. It's not worth the time.

Cause Im bored:

Allonzo Trier compared to his rookie class: Albeit he's older

1) second highest 3pt % of any rookie who scored more per game than him (beat only by a Colin Sexton a guy many said can't shoot)

2) tied for 8th in scoring average even though he played 2 minutes less than the closest competitor and 10 minutes less per game than say, Doncic, and took between 200 and 600 less shots than the guys who scored more.

3) Higher field goal percentage than every guard or wing who scored more pts than he did (except Shai Alexander got em here)

Are we underestimating Trier or is he pretty much what he's always going to be? Btw, did Trier come onto the Knicks un-drafted, then go from a 2 way to a 2 yr deal going up against Baker, Frank, Mud, THjr, and Trey and outplayed them all? Im leaning toward underestimating him.
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-01-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast