Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Pettis is legit - great pick even if it was perceived as a reach at the time - and now he has a season under his belt, but he has minimal experience with JG.

I think we’re going to outperform expectations.

I've heard and read conflicting reports on Pettis. Obviously there was the one where he let a player intercept the ball, and Jimmy G screamed at him to be a defender in that situation. There's the other one that was an INT b/c they just took it away from Pettis. Then a former coach who does a 49er podcast, was saying the same as you, that he's legit and is the #1 WR on this team.

Cohn (who as a writer and former 49er fan) does trash the team almost more than I do if thats possible. He has stated that Deebo is already better than Pettis. Although I wasn't high on Deebo, I also think he's better than Pettis and will pass him as the season progresses.

As for expectations. NFL.com just had a 49ers are overhyped article. I think expectations have been tempered this year overall, most have said "compete" for a wildcard spot, which means 7-9 wins is precisely that.

Plus, most have always stated that it takes a full year to recover from an ACL. Like Deshaun Watson last year, Jimmy G won't fully be back to normal until next year. That's also why I expect very diminished productivity from McKinnon this year. I expect more from Breida and Coleman.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

That didn't take long. MRI's for both Verrett and Bosa who left the field injured today.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    That didn't take long. MRI's for both Verrett and Bosa who left the field injured today.
    Saleh said that he didn't think either were serious, so hopefully the MRIs are just precautionary.

You hear the latest with Saleh?

It's on twitter. Not even a week after he said that Moore is in no condition to be a starting safety much less a backup yet... he back peddled faster than Richard Sherman, and today stated that he's close to starting.

Either Saleh is full of it, was using it as a weak motivating factor for Moore, or was told by Kyle that he is the starting FS. Lol.

I'm not too surprised by Bosa going down with these lower leg tweaks, wasn't upright for a good while and then wasn't pushing his body in pads against other men for all the offseason/draft stuff, muscles are probably weaker than he's pushing them to be.

Will worry more if it's something serious in the MRI, but as long as he's walking off on his own I'm not gonna fret.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 08-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Sprained ankle, does not sound like a high.

Verrett too

Would you all like individual preseason threads, or one blanket one?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Would you all like individual preseason threads, or one blanket one?
    Right now keep it one. Not much of a response. I've been paying attn to my giants who decided to throw in the towel.

So its niners now, but I'll be honest. I'm not expecting much if at all with this team. I do think they have some decent talent on offense. I think they've upgraded their D Line. Their LB's are average, and their secondary is flat out awful.

Their WR corps are also flat out awful.

I still think 6 wins. Injuries have nothing to do with that call. With injuries? 6 wins. Without? Maybe 7-8...

But I just don't think Kyle values what it takes to win in this league, so he will be equally bad as good.

lefty, your negativity keeps me away, like Cohn's keeps me away from his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    lefty, your negativity keeps me away, like Cohn's keeps me away from his work.
    I'm not the one losing games bro. Negative would be 1-4 win season. Objectivity is a difficult concept to grasp.

We all know the strength of this team, it's the Dline. I can just comment on that all day long, but I would think you'd like to win eventually no?

They're a solid mediocre team. That's not negative, in fact 8 wins would represent their most productive season in years! A huge upgrade from years previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Saleh said that he didn't think either were serious, so hopefully the MRIs are just precautionary.

Rappoport is saying Bosa is most likely out for the pre-season. precautionary.

I also think they should just "precautionary" not let Ford practice all year, and use him on Sundays, like Andy Reid did.

As per John Lynch this am on KNBR. (Re: Bosa)

"its a significant injury".... he also said there's a component of a high ankle sprain, although it's not a high ankle sprain. He's definitely out for the pre-season with also a possibility of it extending into Week 1. It's now more on how he responds to treatment.

I think schedule doesn't help the protections for this season either, got some tough divisional draws. 7-9 to 9-7 is my expectation. Making the playoffs likely a matter of situational tiebreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I'm not the one losing games bro. Negative would be 1-4 win season. Objectivity is a difficult concept to grasp.

We all know the strength of this team, it's the Dline. I can just comment on that all day long, but I would think you'd like to win eventually no?

They're a solid mediocre team. That's not negative, in fact 8 wins would represent their most productive season in years! A huge upgrade from years previous.
    I know what your negativity looks like

It's like discussing optimism with pessimists ... optimists say pessimists are "negative" while pessimists say they are "realists". Pessimists say optimists are delusional dreamers.

The 49ers are not perfect no question, I, and many others, choose to be hopeful while being aware of the possible fails. Some look at the possible fails while dismissing the possible good that might happen.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast