Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 155
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I'm just projecting this, and I'm probably about 85% accurate. But Bosa, McKinnon, Taylor, Richburg, are probably out for week 1.
    I think Bosa will be ready for week 1 (although, I think that they will use him only as a situational pass rusher for a few weeks), but you're probably right for the other three. Richburg is the one that we haven't heard much about from the team, but the fact that they held Ben Garland out last week suggests that they might not think Richburg will be ready. I think that the smart move is to bring Taylor back after the bye and put McKinnon on IR and use one of the return designations on him.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think Bosa will be ready for week 1 (although, I think that they will use him only as a situational pass rusher for a few weeks), but you're probably right for the other three. Richburg is the one that we haven't heard much about from the team, but the fact that they held Ben Garland out last week suggests that they might not think Richburg will be ready. I think that the smart move is to bring Taylor back after the bye and put McKinnon on IR and use one of the return designations on him.
    Let's just hope this doesn't turn into a common occurrence with Richburg. He plays too important of a position. The McKinnon situation is pretty irritating too.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2020 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,273
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Let's just hope this doesn't turn into a common occurrence with Richburg. He plays too important of a position. The McKinnon situation is pretty irritating too.
    It's already common with Richburg ... I think he's still dealing with the same chronic issue. They need to find replacement linemen in this group or in the cuts to develop for when things invariably go bad..

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,273
    Thomas had some positive plays in the game. I think the DL at full strength will be very good and Thomas will fit in fine ... but they have to stay healthy to be great.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    charleston, wv
    Posts
    2,488
    Qb- Garoppolo/ Mullens/ Beatherd
    Rb- Coleman/ Breida/ McKinnon
    Fb- Kuszcyck
    Lt- Staley/ Brunskill
    Lg- Tomlinson/ Garnett
    C- Richburg/ Garland
    Rg- Person/ Garnett
    Rt- McGlichey/ Brunskill
    Te- Kittle/ Celek/ Tiololo
    Wr1- Goodwin/ Bourne
    Wr2- Pettis/ Hurd
    Wr3- Samuel/ Taylor

    Le- Bosa/ Thomas
    Dt- Armstead/ Day/ Street
    Dt- Buckner/ Jones/ Taylor
    Re- Ford/ Blair
    Wlb-.Alexander/ Lee
    Mlb- Warner/ Greenlaw
    Slb- Smith/ Nzeocha
    Cb1- Sherman/ Witherspoon
    Cb2- Verrett/ Mosely
    Nick- Williams/ Ward
    Fs-.Colbert/ Ward/ Moore
    Ss- Tartt/ Harris

    K- Gould
    P- Wishnowsky
    Ls- Nelson

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,400
    So good game! It seemed like the coaches lit the team up at halftime, b/c their defense looked great in the 3rd quarter. Far more aggressive than first half.

    The running game looks good.

    It's clear the practices have been focusing on red zone, and now when they're in there, its like they know exactly what to do. That's really nice to see.

    Coleman was solid. I thought DJ Reed was all over the place (good and bad). Tartt looks ready for the regular season.

    Deebo! WOW. Showing the reverse twice in pre-season? I wonder if Kyle is setting something up.

    I guess I'll have to start coming around on our physical punter. Denver did manage some returns, and it was mile high, so the balls will be affected. But he's looking good so far.

    Nick Mullens only got 3 passes, and barely 8 minutes of game action, not sure if they wanted to give CJ a little more run to prove himself, but Mullens threw a beauty.

    In week 1, I was down on James, but Lakers has been high on him, and he played much better in this one, and I think he's our legit returner.

    This week, I got down on Bourne quickly after dropping that bomb, and then reading how he has the case of the dropsies this lately. But I think he made it up as the game progressed as well.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,477
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    Qb- Garoppolo/ Mullens/ Beatherd
    Rb- Coleman/ Breida/ McKinnon
    Fb- Kuszcyck
    Lt- Staley/ Brunskill
    Lg- Tomlinson/ Garnett
    C- Richburg/ Garland
    Rg- Person/ Garnett
    Rt- McGlichey/ Brunskill
    Te- Kittle/ Celek/ Tiololo
    Wr1- Goodwin/ Bourne
    Wr2- Pettis/ Hurd
    Wr3- Samuel/ Taylor

    Le- Bosa/ Thomas
    Dt- Armstead/ Day/ Street
    Dt- Buckner/ Jones/ Taylor
    Re- Ford/ Blair
    Wlb-.Alexander/ Lee
    Mlb- Warner/ Greenlaw
    Slb- Smith/ Nzeocha
    Cb1- Sherman/ Witherspoon
    Cb2- Verrett/ Mosely
    Nick- Williams/ Ward
    Fs-.Colbert/ Ward/ Moore
    Ss- Tartt/ Harris

    K- Gould
    P- Wishnowsky
    Ls- Nelson
    I see Mostert making the team. Dude hits the hole faster than any other back on the team
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I see Mostert making the team. Dude hits the hole faster than any other back on the team
    Yeah, Mostert is practically a lock. He'd make it solely on his special teams play. Add to it how he's running the ball and I don't see any way he doesn't make the squad. I think McKinnon will start the year on IR and get brought back later in the year for a potential playoff run.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Yeah, Mostert is practically a lock. He'd make it solely on his special teams play. Add to it how he's running the ball and I don't see any way he doesn't make the squad. I think McKinnon will start the year on IR and get brought back later in the year for a potential playoff run.
    I saw you mention that a couple of days ago... I think thatís actually a very clever way to approach the RB situation. Coleman is probably a lock for the lionís share anyway and, even without McKinnon, the RB crew is pretty damn good. Getting a fresh McKinnon near mid season could be a huge pickup
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

    - Carl Sagan


  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I saw you mention that a couple of days ago... I think thatís actually a very clever way to approach the RB situation. Coleman is probably a lock for the lionís share anyway and, even without McKinnon, the RB crew is pretty damn good. Getting a fresh McKinnon near mid season could be a huge pickup
    I wish that I could take credit for the idea, but several 49ers beat writers have mentioned that as a possibility. It makes a ton of sense. If he's not put on IR, he's going to be handled with kid's gloves early in the season anyways since he's already had two separate incidents where the knee flared up. Instead, if he goes on IR, it'll give him a couple more months to heal and get ready. At that point, he would be more valuable to the team plus it's better for his long-term health. Who knows, but one of Breida or Coleman could be hurt by that point and adding a talented and fresh RB would provide a jolt to the offense.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,273
    I got the impression that the 49ers were downplaying McKinnons progress with the intent to keep him on IR well into the season.

    They are saying the right things about most of the injured players and being ready for week 1. Even if they all come back it's going to be a few games before we have an idea what this team can really do. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,400
    As many writers have indicated, the 49ers can't hide McKinnon on IR. He needs to make the 53, so essentially they have to have him as one of the 53, and cut someone else... Then place McKinnon on IR, and then sign the player they cut (if he's avail).


    Barrows or Baldinger, forget, both mentioned guys like Givens who probably won't make the team, but is a candidate for the PS. He projects that he will ultimately take the place of Armstead or Day when they leave next year. If the team wants to be progressive instead of reactive, it makes sense to cut Day now. Especially if you think Givens is a guy that would get scooped up.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,273
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    As many writers have indicated, the 49ers can't hide McKinnon on IR. He needs to make the 53, so essentially they have to have him as one of the 53, and cut someone else... Then place McKinnon on IR, and then sign the player they cut (if he's avail).


    Barrows or Baldinger, forget, both mentioned guys like Givens who probably won't make the team, but is a candidate for the PS. He projects that he will ultimately take the place of Armstead or Day when they leave next year. If the team wants to be progressive instead of reactive, it makes sense to cut Day now. Especially if you think Givens is a guy that would get scooped up.
    Yes. They do seem to love Day, and I think trust him ... they may be gun shy with the injury issues the line has had. Hopefully the training staff changes will result in fewer players games missed. Haha.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    As many writers have indicated, the 49ers can't hide McKinnon on IR. He needs to make the 53, so essentially they have to have him as one of the 53, and cut someone else... Then place McKinnon on IR, and then sign the player they cut (if he's avail).


    Barrows or Baldinger, forget, both mentioned guys like Givens who probably won't make the team, but is a candidate for the PS. He projects that he will ultimately take the place of Armstead or Day when they leave next year. If the team wants to be progressive instead of reactive, it makes sense to cut Day now. Especially if you think Givens is a guy that would get scooped up.
    That's simple to do. You cut one of those bottom of the roster offensive linemen that nobody else is going to snag, then add them back after you place McKinnon on IR.

    As far as Day, I think that he would have trade value if they don't intend to keep him. I'm hoping that they can trade 2 or 3 defensive linemen for either late round draft picks or better offensive line depth. We have a ton of quality players on the defensive line and will probably cut 2 or 3 that end up on other team's 53 man rosters.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    10,045
    I'd be shocked if Mostert doesn't make the roster. I think special teams play is going to be a major focus this year. Well at least I hope it is.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2020 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)




Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •