Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I know what your negativity looks like

    It's like discussing optimism with pessimists ... optimists say pessimists are "negative" while pessimists say they are "realists". Pessimists say optimists are delusional dreamers.

    The 49ers are not perfect no question, I, and many others, choose to be hopeful while being aware of the possible fails. Some look at the possible fails while dismissing the possible good that might happen.

    This team is projected to improve anywhere from 50% to 100% and as Red said, possibly even 9 wins, which is over a 100% improvement.

    Your assessment is false, and I'll prove it. When this team won 5 straight games with their new QB all the while boasting the #1 offense and #1 defense in that span, along with the only team in football to go 5-0... all of a sudden dramatically my posts improved (as per other posters on this board)...

    If I'm a pessimist, I'd just say it won't last... And if I agreed with your BS, I wouldn't have forked over dough to fly to LA to watch them get beat by the Chargers, and then fork over more dough to watch them blow a lead to Arizona.

    Sorry pal, its difficult to find pessimists these days. They're the ones that are saying the 49ers will be one of the worst teams in football this year. You'll be hard pressed to find that guy. Even Cohn is projecting 6-7 wins. Which is factually a 50%+ improvement.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Bosa injury is significant according to Lynch. I am so tired of injuries.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...miss-preseason

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,914
    McKinnon might not ever play a down for us, hated the signing at the time, but it sucks he never really got the chance to prove me wrong, that said he's the least significant injury right now.

    The defense is a just so full of if's. Bosa has already been injured twice, in his month or so of being a Niner and may miss week one with a high ankle sprain, an injury that tends to linger. Dee Ford has missed a ton of time in the past and recently had a procedure done on his knee and is out for the foreseeable future. Verrett was brought in to compete with Ahkello but has an injury similar to Bosa, and has a well documented injury history. Ward is still out. Kwon is working his way back from a torn ACL. We have a lot of talent on D but our most talented guys have a problem staying healthy and that could ultimately hold us back from squeaking in the playoffs this year.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,001
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV775 View Post
    Bosa injury is significant according to Lynch. I am so tired of injuries.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...miss-preseason
    Believe he said "more significant" than originally reported. Probably hold him out of preseason, which bothers me little. Starters would play a series or two week 3 and that's it if I was HC.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,881
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    This team is projected to improve anywhere from 50% to 100% and as Red said, possibly even 9 wins, which is over a 100% improvement.

    Your assessment is false, and I'll prove it. When this team won 5 straight games with their new QB all the while boasting the #1 offense and #1 defense in that span, along with the only team in football to go 5-0... all of a sudden dramatically my posts improved (as per other posters on this board)...

    If I'm a pessimist, I'd just say it won't last... And if I agreed with your BS, I wouldn't have forked over dough to fly to LA to watch them get beat by the Chargers, and then fork over more dough to watch them blow a lead to Arizona.

    Sorry pal, its difficult to find pessimists these days. They're the ones that are saying the 49ers will be one of the worst teams in football this year. You'll be hard pressed to find that guy. Even Cohn is projecting 6-7 wins. Which is factually a 50%+ improvement.
    blah blah blah ... you are negative about the 49ers and it's tiring. Feel free to not reply.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,787
    Oh come on Lefty, you're one of the biggest Negative Nancy's on PSD. One of your most memorable comments to me was prior to Harbaugh's first season when you said that the only player that the 49ers had that was worthy of being on an NFL roster was Patrick Willis. We went to the NFC championship that year. 🤣

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,001
    Guys, lets wait till at least the regular season to start digitally shanking each other aye?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Oh come on Lefty, you're one of the biggest Negative Nancy's on PSD. One of your most memorable comments to me was prior to Harbaugh's first season when you said that the only player that the 49ers had that was worthy of being on an NFL roster was Patrick Willis. We went to the NFC championship that year. 🤣
    You don't think the 7 straight losing seasons previous had anything to do with that?

    That was a pleasant surprise. A guess this season could be a pleasant surprise like that.


    I think Sean McVay did that with the Rams, just like Harbaugh with the niners.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,368
    Maiocco was on KNBR today, which I guess is confirmation bias, but the weakness in Pettis game is becoming evident in camp.

    It's the same weakness he had last year. Doesn't look like he's improved off of it.

    Pettis's strength is his ability to run precise routes and create separation. If Kyle can scheme him open, he can get a lot of flash plays (similar to that 4 game run last year).

    But in close proximity, 50/50 balls, tough physical stuff? Forget it. Maiocco mentioned it as well, he lacks the physical hand strength and arm strength to hold onto footballs. He said in a red zone drill Pettis was in position to make a catch, had both hands on the ball, and Sherman just easily ripped it out.

    My point is, I think Deebo is going to be the #1 WR on this team, and probably by mid season if not sooner?


    The team is so young, I think guys like Bosa and Deebo in year 3 is going to be fun to watch. If both of these flash like they are, they get anything from Dre Greenlaw, and their punter actually ends up as one of the best, this might be the best draft of the Kyle/Lynch regime.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,368
    I'll try to make my posts like a Katy Perry California Girls video from now on.

    Fluff and lollipops.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,881
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I'll try to make my posts like a Katy Perry California Girls video from now on.

    Fluff and lollipops.
    Thanks. I hope I don't get sick.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    My point is, I think Deebo is going to be the #1 WR on this team, and probably by mid season if not sooner?
    There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Jalen Hurd during camp and Trent Taylor has been catching everything so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Pettis much during a game with Deebo, Hurd and Taylor as the main receivers along with Goodwin.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,001
    My hope, honestly, is that as a group the WRs make having a "#1" irrelevant. Kittle should be option 1 anyway TBH.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,392
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    My hope, honestly, is that as a group the WRs make having a "#1" irrelevant. Kittle should be option 1 anyway TBH.
    I was pleasantly surprised with Hurds first preseason game. Looks like I will eat my words
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,787
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised with Hurds first preseason game. Looks like I will eat my words
    He has the size that a lot of fans have been clamoring for over the last few years. He needs to continue to develop, but if he continues to progress, he definitely has the potential.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •