Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Remember, Lynch and Shanahan inherited a team that had very little talent. The only player on the entire offense from the previous regime that is still here is Joe Staley. Only a small handful left on defense. Of course they had to sign some free agents that they didn't intend to keep (Dumervil, for example). When we evaluate their free agent signings, we are looking at the players that they actually invested in, not low cost one year bandaids. Even if we don't count Breida, they are hitting above 50% and that's pretty solid league wide.
    Respectfully disagree. It's a common sentiment that Lynch/Kyle inherited a talentless team. Despite Baalke having more draft picks in football from 2012-2016 than any other team.

Yes, I despise Baalke for what he did to this franchise, on the same level as Terry Donahue. But Joe Staley is still the left tackle. The regime dumped one of the best RT's in the game, and he went on to win a Superbowl at LT. He was a 7th round selection from the Baalke era. Their best defensive player is still Deforrest Buckner after 3 years with Kyle/Lynch. They still have Armstead, and Ward, and just recently dumped Garnett. All 1st round picks.

If you are truly objective, and realize there are 31 other teams in football, just take a look at what Harbaugh did with a 6 win team in 2011, or what McVay did with a 4 win team for the Rams in 2017. McVay had a 2nd yr QB to deal with and an entire new offensive system he was installing. The Jags won 3 games, and then made the AFC title game, granted they had one tremendous draft to propel them.

I won't be negative, but will be factual. They are the defending 31st team in football, and projected to finish in 3rd place ahead of the Cards. Solid isn't the word I'd use for this regime, especially when you take a look at their free agent and draft moves and then equate it to W's and L's.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    It's football, its inevitable.... the biggest injuries for the 49ers in 2019 have yet to come.
    Sure, but I still hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Respectfully disagree. It's a common sentiment that Lynch/Kyle inherited a talentless team. Despite Baalke having more draft picks in football from 2012-2016 than any other team.

Yes, I despise Baalke for what he did to this franchise, on the same level as Terry Donahue. But Joe Staley is still the left tackle. The regime dumped one of the best RT's in the game, and he went on to win a Superbowl at LT. He was a 7th round selection from the Baalke era. Their best defensive player is still Deforrest Buckner after 3 years with Kyle/Lynch. They still have Armstead, and Ward, and just recently dumped Garnett. All 1st round picks.

If you are truly objective, and realize there are 31 other teams in football, just take a look at what Harbaugh did with a 6 win team in 2011, or what McVay did with a 4 win team for the Rams in 2017. McVay had a 2nd yr QB to deal with and an entire new offensive system he was installing. The Jags won 3 games, and then made the AFC title game, granted they had one tremendous draft to propel them.

I won't be negative, but will be factual. They are the defending 31st team in football, and projected to finish in 3rd place ahead of the Cards. Solid isn't the word I'd use for this regime, especially when you take a look at their free agent and draft moves and then equate it to W's and L's.
    To be truly objective would be to acknowledge that McVay and Harbaugh inherited low loss teams with talent. It would also require acknowledging that Brown wouldn't have fit an athletic, 2nd level reaching OL system.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    To be truly objective would be to acknowledge that McVay and Harbaugh inherited low loss teams with talent. It would also require acknowledging that Brown wouldn't have fit an athletic, 2nd level reaching OL system.
    I really like Brown, he was one of my favorite players. I'm still a little salty they got rid of him. He had a ton of talent. Cost savings is important but we didn't really spend the money wisely now did we.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2020 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I really like Brown, he was one of my favorite players. I'm still a little salty they got rid of him. He had a ton of talent. Cost savings is important but we didn't really spend the money wisely now did we.
    It wasn't merely about cost cutting. It was about adding an OT that was a system fit. Trent Brown was great at pass protection for us, but Shanahan's offense is built on running the ball and setting up playaction. In order to do that with his zone running scheme, he needs athletic OTs that can get to the second level. Brown couldn't do that. Brown also had issues with staying in shape. Those problems existed with prior regimes as well. You don't get a top OT contract to players like that. That's why New England let him walk also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It wasn't merely about cost cutting. It was about adding an OT that was a system fit. Trent Brown was great at pass protection for us, but Shanahan's offense is built on running the ball and setting up playaction. In order to do that with his zone running scheme, he needs athletic OTs that can get to the second level.Brown couldn't do that. Brown also had issues with staying in shape. Those problems existed with prior regimes as well. You don't get a top OT contract to players like that. That's why New England let him walk also.
    Yeah but I think if they could have gotten him on a much cheaper contract he would still be here. Same thing with New England. His contract is pretty big, bigger than new england or the 49ers wanted to swallow. I can agree with your fit issue but if the money was right they could have made all that work.
    RUN AS ONE

Yeah but I think if they could have gotten him on a much cheaper contract he would still be here. Same thing with New England. His contract is pretty big, bigger than new england or the 49ers wanted to swallow. I can agree with your fit issue but if the money was right they could have made all that work.
    Fit makes the money part irrelevant though

Bosa, Verrett, and K'Waun all returned to practice today.

BDN gets the #2 nod for week 1.

Just going to put the offer out there for anyone who'd like to do the game threads. I operate from a phone 100% of the time, so I can only really do basic work. If that's fine I can handle it, if people want stats and graphics it would have to be someone else.

The Next Chapter: Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources tell ESPN.
    Forget bullet, we dodge a nuke.

Forget bullet, we dodge a nuke.
    Who would have guessed that lol
    RUN AS ONE

Who would have guessed that lol
    I mean, I feel like Lynch and Shanny may have handled it better than Mayock did, but still, this is spiraling worse than anything he did in Pittsburgh.

I mean, I feel like Lynch and Shanny may have handled it better than Mayock did, but still, this is spiraling worse than anything he did in Pittsburgh.

Oh he'll be cut before week 1 with the Raiders going after the guaranteed money for sure.
    RUN AS ONE

Holy hell, AB was released

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast