Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    it was super brief, Pitt's character challenged him, and beat Bruce on set in a sparring/fight match.

Look, Bruce was very cocky, and annoyed many people with it. But I am sorry, they totally crapped on his actual abilities. He would wipe the floor with an American stuntman, anytime, anywhere. I understand it was more so to show Pitt's character abilities, but the portrayal was crap. Bruce was indeed a legit as a fighter as his rep suggests, and they just made him a joke.
    There are plenty of people who think that was more of a dream sequence anyway, like what Pitt's character likes to think happened and not what actually happened. That's sort of how I took it anyway.

Considering how the movie ended I donít think it was a dream sequence, but just QT twisting things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Saw it last night and loved it. Leo and Brad are amazing and hilarious in the movie. Youíre either going to love it or hate it, there no in between. Lots of mixed reviews I heard from people exiting the theater. I would like to see it again for stuff I might have missed.
    I'm in the in between camp. Loved parts of it, didn't hate any of it (though it did drag for a while leading up to the end), and overall thought it was simply pretty good.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Went and tried to see this movie last night and left after nearly 2 hours of nothing. The most boring movie I've seen in quite some time. Nothing but watching cut shots of people driving in cars listening to classic music. Apparently I missed the end where something actually happens, but I wasn't waiting for that borefest any longer.

it was super brief, Pitt's character challenged him, and beat Bruce on set in a sparring/fight match.

Look, Bruce was very cocky, and annoyed many people with it. But I am sorry, they totally crapped on his actual abilities. He would wipe the floor with an American stuntman, anytime, anywhere. I understand it was more so to show Pitt's character abilities, but the portrayal was crap. Bruce was indeed a legit as a fighter as his rep suggests, and they just made him a joke.
    It was a best out of three friendly fight (no head shots, no trying to heavily injure the other) that ended in a draw actually. I had no issues with the scenes including Lee but I'm far from a fan boy of his.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    There are plenty of people who think that was more of a dream sequence anyway, like what Pitt's character likes to think happened and not what actually happened. That's sort of how I took it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Considering how the movie ended I donít think it was a dream sequence, but just QT twisting things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a dream sequence but a memory filtered by Cliff's ego would be the better way to describe it.

Went and tried to see this movie last night and left after nearly 2 hours of nothing. The most boring movie I've seen in quite some time. Nothing but watching cut shots of people driving in cars listening to classic music. Apparently I missed the end where something actually happens, but I wasn't waiting for that borefest any longer.
    Why dont you give me a full list of movies you like and I will be sure to avoid those since I couldnt disagree more with your taste.

Brilliant film making and a real joy to watch. So many subtleties and Easter Eggs that every scene is a delight. Brad Pitt and Leo performances beyond brilliant. I will be waiting for your list of good films Valade.
    Last edited by zookman65; 08-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It was a best out of three friendly fight (no head shots, no trying to heavily injure the other) that ended in a draw actually. I had no issues with the scenes including Lee but I'm far from a fan boy of his.
    well, I have dedicated a large portion of my life to martial arts, and many of those who Lee trained with, and had experiences with, that I believe what they say, have claimed Lee was as legit as it gets. His physical prowess would have destroyed a normal stuntman in the US. Hell, he knocked down challengers in China from the stunt crew, and rest assured, their stuntmen are about 1000000000000% as bad *** as ours.

Again, just a small gripe. QT happened to pick on a tangent that I care very deeply about, but as a whole, it did nothing to ruin the experience for me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I cannot fathom how everyone here actually liked it. The amount of filler in this movie is astounding. Quentin Tarantino is now like the guys in South Park who fart into wine glasses and smell them. This was worse than the Hateful 8 and that was bad.

And I loved Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc. Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorite movies ever. But this was garbage.

well, I have dedicated a large portion of my life to martial arts, and many of those who Lee trained with, and had experiences with, that I believe what they say, have claimed Lee was as legit as it gets. His physical prowess would have destroyed a normal stuntman in the US. Hell, he knocked down challengers in China from the stunt crew, and rest assured, their stuntmen are about 1000000000000% as bad *** as ours.

Again, just a small gripe. QT happened to pick on a tangent that I care very deeply about, but as a whole, it did nothing to ruin the experience for me.
    Everyone keeps talking about how they tied, but the way it seemed in the movie is Cliff basically let Li knock him down to start to see what he was made of and he basically was going to whoop him from there. It was easily the most sensational and unbelievable part of the film.

I cannot fathom how everyone here actually liked it. The amount of filler in this movie is astounding. Quentin Tarantino is now like the guys in South Park who fart into wine glasses and smell them. This was worse than the Hateful 8 and that was bad.

And I loved Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc. Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorite movies ever. But this was garbage.
    You didn't even watch the whole movie. Makes it hard to take your review seriously.

I'll take this and Hateful 8 over Inglorious Basterds.

Waltz alone and the bar scene make IB good

Interesting. I haven't seen this yet, but I thought Hateful 8 was one of Tarantino's worst movies. Boring from start to finish. Felt more like I was watching a play than a movie.

Waltz alone and the bar scene make IB good
    Those two aspects of it were absolutely excellent but I didn't love the movie overall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast