Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Speaking of movies you walk out on, I have never walked out on a movie because it sucked. I will stay to the end just cause, only time I walked out of a theater was because my date was being s *****.
    I walked out of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story.

    I don't think walking out means you don't get an opinion on the movie. Walking out is the opinion of the movie. The opinion is, it's so bad I couldn't watch it anymore.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,650
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I walked out of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story.

    I don't think walking out means you don't get an opinion on the movie. Walking out is the opinion of the movie. The opinion is, it's so bad I couldn't watch it anymore.
    I agree

    It may be an incomplete opinion because to some an ending of a movie may change how they feel about the whole thing for the food or the better, but if you really were bored by it I donít see you changing your mind.

    But an Example for me was NCFOM, I went to see it at the movies with like 5 different groups of people and a few times some of the people liked they movie but said the ending sucks so therefore the movie was not that good to them.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,780
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well I actually didn't pay for the movie, the Army showed it for free, so the only thing I lost was time. And leaving a crap movie without seeing all of it is not nonsensical, unless you're willing to tell me that you sit through everything that you realize is terrible. In which case, I feel sorry for you. You should not be wasting time on things you don't like for the principle of it.
    Lofl thanks for the heartfelt sympathy and life lesson. I've never left a movie in the theater before it was over. At home is a different story but it happens super rarely.

    And I've said multiple times now, that I have no idea if the climax is good or not because I have haven't seen it.
    Yes, we are all aware of that and heard you the first time.

    But I can say the rest of the movie, the majority of it's run time sucks. Why do you keep bringing that up when I keep telling you I originally said I didn't say the climax sucked because I didn't see it? You are now posting in the SpecialFNK school of online discussion.
    You didn't like the part of the movie you saw? Cool beans.

    I've brought up the fact that you didn't watch the whole movie numerous times because I find it hard to respect your feelings on something you haven't experienced the entirety of. It's kinda like if you made a meal, left out a few of the important ingredients, tried a bite of it and didn't like it, concluded that the recipe you followed is garbage, and then went around trying to convince others of the same.

    Take your obsession with your boi FNK back to the politics forum. Has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing here.

    Are you telling me, you've never, not once in your whole life walked out of a movie you didn't like or did not change the channel for a movie you did not like? Because if you have, you are pretty much a hypocrite here.
    I gave you my answer to this already and despite your claim to the contrary, I am not being a hypocrite. Not finishing a movie is not the same as not finishing a movie and then giving a review of it like it means anything.

    I really don't get what is so difficult for you to grasp here. I disagree with your summation of the first part of the movie but that is not the issue. The only thing I'm pointing out here is that no one really gives a damn about a review of a movie (positive or negative) if the reviewer didn't even see the entire film. No one said you don't get an opinion; it's more that your opinion doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

    Get over it.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Some people take others opinions as a crime.
    Says the guy that would flip out anytime I gave negative reviews of an episode of The Walking Dead.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    jeez....

    entertainment is subjective. If someone hates Tool, it blows me away, but doesn't upset me haha.

    Everyone has a few movies that are just loved by most, but they hate.

    I can think of 2 recently, that I thought sucked balls, but most loved. Get Out, and A Star Is Born. Oh well
    Again....not upset in the least. I don't care at all if someone didn't like this movie. My issue is someone acting like their review of something they didn't even finish has any sort of weight. Very simple concept that I think most would agree with (as long as they didn't have an axe to grind with the person presenting said concept).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I agree

    It may be an incomplete opinion because to some an ending of a movie may change how they feel about the whole thing for the food or the better, but if you really were bored by it I donít see you changing your mind.

    But an Example for me was NCFOM, I went to see it at the movies with like 5 different groups of people and a few times some of the people liked they movie but said the ending sucks so therefore the movie was not that good to them.
    From everything I've heard the ending was really good so at some point I'll watch the ending. But I thought the movie was bad 1 hour in and was like "maybe it's just slow and I should give it more of a chance", but yeah, if at hour 2 it still sucks? Why would I keep watching in the hopes that there's 20 minutes of entertainment behind 2 1/2 hours of bad?

    I feel 2 hours is a good faith effort for anything. Most people won't sit through a bad date for 2 hours, or a bad concert, or playing a sport they hate.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Speaking of movies you walk out on, I have never walked out on a movie because it sucked. I will stay to the end just cause, only time I walked out of a theater was because my date was being s *****.
    did that exact same thing haha

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,203
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Again....not upset in the least. I don't care at all if someone didn't like this movie. My issue is someone acting like their review of something they didn't even finish has any sort of weight. Very simple concept that I think most would agree with (as long as they didn't have an axe to grind with the person presenting said concept).
    I will agree, it is near impossible to actually review something you didn't do start to finish...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,192
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lofl thanks for the heartfelt sympathy and life lesson. I've never left a movie in the theater before it was over. At home is a different story but it happens super rarely.



    Yes, we are all aware of that and heard you the first time.



    You didn't like the part of the movie you saw? Cool beans.

    I've brought up the fact that you didn't watch the whole movie numerous times because I find it hard to respect your feelings on something you haven't experienced the entirety of. It's kinda like if you made a meal, left out a few of the important ingredients, tried a bite of it and didn't like it, concluded that the recipe you followed is garbage, and then went around trying to convince others of the same.

    Take your obsession with your boi FNK back to the politics forum. Has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing here.

    I gave you my answer to this already and despite your claim to the contrary, I am not being a hypocrite. Not finishing a movie is not the same as not finishing a movie and then giving a review of it like it means anything.

    I really don't get what is so difficult for you to grasp here. I disagree with your summation of the first part of the movie but that is not the issue. The only thing I'm pointing out here is that no one really gives a damn about a review of a movie (positive or negative) if the reviewer didn't even see the entire film. No one said you don't get an opinion; it's more that your opinion doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

    Get over it.
    You are bad at analogies considering that you eat a meal of ingredients after it's made at the same time. A better food analogy would be that you go to a restaurant to eat a 5 course meal and you eat the first and it tastes like crap. You eat the 2nd and it's just as bad. The 3rd and the 4th are just as terrible so you walk out without eating the 5th meal.

    I don't think that's unreasonable and I highly doubt you'd eat a 5th plate of food if the first 4 were bad.

    I get your point, you don't think that anyone cares about a review of a movie from someone who didn't see the movie. Some do care. It's not like my opinion of the first 2 hours is going to change by watching the last 20 minutes. I may enjoy the last 20 minutes (from reading what happens, I probably will as it's the only time something actually happens in the movie). But the last 20 minutes being the greatest scenes ever shot on film won't change that the first 2 hours were not good.
    Last edited by valade16; 08-23-2019 at 04:01 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I will agree, it is near impossible to actually review something you didn't do start to finish...
    This would be like saying you don't think someone can analyze how a player played in a basketball game if you didn't watch every second of it. If I turn the TV off with 2:00 left in the game, I can certainly comment on how someone played the first 46 minutes. What is the difference here?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,650
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Says the guy that would flip out anytime I gave negative reviews of an episode of The Walking Dead.
    Nah

    But we all know the trolls and who they are. Yeah am looking at you.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    39,621
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This would be like saying you don't think someone can analyze how a player played in a basketball game if you didn't watch every second of it. If I turn the TV off with 2:00 left in the game, I can certainly comment on how someone played the first 46 minutes. What is the difference here?
    This is weird because I agree with Spliff and Hawkeye that you canít review a whole movie if you donít see all of it but I also agree with this analogy.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,203
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This is weird because I agree with Spliff and Hawkeye that you canít review a whole movie if you donít see all of it but I also agree with this analogy.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except taste in art is not the same as a sport with direct results in game. He didn't like it. That doesn't mean others didn't. Athletes play the same regadless of the opinion, their results aren't subjective.

    Point is, a movie is a story. A book analogy would work, but it's a story meant to be read/watched beginning to end.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,780
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You are bad at analogies considering that you eat a meal of ingredients after it's made at the same time. A better food analogy would be that you go to a restaurant to eat a 5 course meal and you eat the first and it tastes like crap. You eat the 2nd and it's just as bad. The 3rd and the 4th are just as terrible so you walk out without eating the 5th meal.

    I don't think that's unreasonable and I highly doubt you'd eat a 5th plate of food if the first 4 were bad.

    I get your point, you don't think that anyone cares about a review of a movie from someone who didn't see the movie. Some do care. It's not like my opinion of the first 2 hours is going to change by watching the last 20 minutes. I may enjoy the last 20 minutes (from reading what happens, I probably will as it's the only time something actually happens in the movie). But the last 20 minutes being the greatest scenes ever shot on film won't change that the first 2 hours were not good.
    Nah, my analogy works better than the one you presented. Please though: write us another handful of paragraphs about this movie that you absolutely can't stand (and didn't even finish watching).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah

    But we all know the trolls and who they are. Yeah am looking at you.
    Lofl....such a sad sack excuse of a reply. Lying about **** that I could disprove (once again), while calling me a troll for daring to call you out on your hypocritical BS.

    Classic SOIA playbook.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •