Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Clippers own arena renderings: Should the NBA push the issue?

So I was reading this article this morning:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...proposed-arena

And I was thinking about this and the only shared arena situation in the NBA. The Clippers are very interested in having their own arena, but as of right now the MSG is blocking this via lawsuits because they own the Forum, and this new arena would be taking revenue away. It does sound like Ballmer was interested in getting to Inglewood due to the Rams/Chargers stadium and the infrastructure that would be in place.

Normally I would say leagues should stay out of ownership dealings, but personally I feel like this is one they should be involved with. The NBA should want Ballmer and the Clippers to have their own facility in LA, and not decide to look elsewhere. What are your thoughts? Should the NBA get involved or stay away? Should MSG withdraw complaints? Should there be some type of compromise made that still allows the new arena to be built?

They need to get it before PG & KL leave in 2 years like what the marlins did signing high priced FA and then trading them after the stadium was built

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    They need to get it before PG & KL leave in 2 years like what the marlins did signing high priced FA and then trading them after the stadium was built
    lmao.... So true.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Ballmer has a few more dollars than Marlins ownership ever had
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 07-26-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Ballmer has a few more dollars than Marlins ownership ever had
    yea this guy doesn't **** around , hes the best owner alive

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    lmao.... So true.
    dude super cool beas has been out the league for awhile now. remove that turd of a sig already

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Maybe he gets rid of the lawsuit the way all the big tech companies do, just overpay and buy out Dolan for MSG

dude super cool beas has been out the league for awhile now. remove that turd of a sig already
    I am guessing the last time you tried bringing this up, you didn't see my last comment.

Please stop.

IKnowHoops.... does this SIG offend you?
    Last edited by Dade County; 07-27-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Non-issue. Guys with Ballmer money floss their teeth with guys/gals who have Dolan and Buss money. Ballmer will get what he wants. I just wonder what happens to the Knicks if Dolan forces the issue and Ballmer forces him out of the NBA and Inglewood. Actually that would be great for the Knicks lol.

It's not gonna get built in 2024. By that team Paul George will have a going out free agency party with 2 more different teams and probably will be in ATL "This is where I always wanted to beeeeeeee!!! Shout out to the great Doc MLK!!!!! "

I think it would be an easy sell to the NBA for Ballmer. In any sports league, money talks and no one has more money than Ballmer. An arena that would be privately funded would have no local issues either. The real issue would be the thought of changing the Clippers' name, but why wouldn't Ballmer want to do that? As long as they're the Clippers, they'll always be in the shadow of the Lakers. The Clippers have become synonymous with losing. Having a fresh new name, arena, faces and logo can at least shed some of the negativity that has surrounded the Clippers since Sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I think it would be an easy sell to the NBA for Ballmer. In any sports league, money talks and no one has more money than Ballmer. An arena that would be privately funded would have no local issues either. The real issue would be the thought of changing the Clippers' name, but why wouldn't Ballmer want to do that? As long as they're the Clippers, they'll always be in the shadow of the Lakers. The Clippers have become synonymous with losing. Having a fresh new name, arena, faces and logo can at least shed some of the negativity that has surrounded the Clippers since Sterling.
    Yep. Start fresh with everything. Including the name. Build a new product from the ground up. As motivated as Ballmer is, he can do it.

I can see them changing the name. I don't want it to happen but it would make a lot of sense. There isn't a lot in their past to hold onto. Especially their former racist owner who is probably the man who gave them that name. If they win a title it would be a lot harder to change it though.

A new arena, and new logo/uniforms/color scheme are a must. I wouldn't change the Clippers name though.
    The Clippers winning their first NBA title would mean a lot more than whatever other team name they'd come up with.

Something like this would be 1000x better than what they currently have

Got to win a few titles first.