Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The southern Florida climate is so overrated and miserably understood. 8 out of 12 months are unbearable. Unless you like playing golf with an iced towel over your shoulder while literally sweating your *** off.
    And the whole "Nobody wants to play in the Midwest cold" is also overblown. It doesn't get that cold here until around Week 15. In college football (where the weather is sometimes brought up when talking about recruiting), the season is over before the cold starts. If you can't play in relatively mild 45º weather during November, you have no business being a football player to begin with.

I know we got a Bills fan or two on this site... how is Wyatt Teller?

The pass blocking advanced stats look pretty intriguing.

Broncos traded a 6th round pick to the Patriots for CB Duke Dawson and a 7th. Patriots just drafted Duke Dawson in the second round last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Broncos traded a 6th round pick to the Patriots for CB Duke Dawson and a 7th. Patriots just drafted Duke Dawson in the second round last year.
    Dawson is a promising player out of Florida. But he spent his rookie season on IR. After learning the Broncos defensive playbook/system, Dawson might be the "outside nickel" corner (when superstar Chris Harris moves to the slot against 3-WR sets). Right now, the best candidate is former BC standout Isaac Yiadom.

By the way, having former Bears slot CB Bryce Callahan as the other outside starter is a little worrisome. Can he handle the job?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Dawson is a promising player out of Florida. But he spent his rookie season on IR. After learning the Broncos defensive playbook/system, Dawson might be the "outside nickel" corner (when superstar Chris Harris moves to the slot against 3-WR sets). Right now, the best candidate is former BC standout Isaac Yiadom.

By the way, having former Bears slot CB Bryce Callahan as the other outside starter is a little worrisome. Can he handle the job?
    He may, but he's better suited for the slot.

I really liked Callahan. The biggest issue with him though is health. The dude always got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The southern Florida climate is so overrated and miserably understood. 8 out of 12 months are unbearable. Unless you like playing golf with an iced towel over your shoulder while literally sweating your *** off.
    I agree completely but I never fail to find people who love that climate. I go to Florida every May and October and I'm always miserable, but tons of people love it.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Doesn't that only count for 8 games though? I thought checks were paid out based on the state in which the game is played.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, good point.

Not a bad buy low move at all. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a busy as a second rounder. If he lived up to that status he’d be on the team. But, in most cases he wouldn’t be getting cut this early. We have a loaded secondary and while he was out last year on IR a 7th rounder and UDFA outplayed their draft status. The UDFA, JC Jackson, was a legit stud last year even.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

LB - Brandon Marshall cut. Seems odd.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He's probably still banged up. If not, the Packers could be interested, with Oren Burks headed for returning injured reserve.

Another interesting cut is Lions CB Teez Tabor, who was a candidate for a starting job.

Former Jaguars and Buccaneers P Bryan Anger has been released by Houston after losing out to Trevor Daniel.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 08-30-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post

Actually Yiadom is opposite Harris and Callahan is the slot. Yiadom is VERY promising. I'm really high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not a bad buy low move at all. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a busy as a second rounder. If he lived up to that status he’d be on the team. But, in most cases he wouldn’t be getting cut this early. We have a loaded secondary and while he was out last year on IR a 7th rounder and UDFA outplayed their draft status. The UDFA, JC Jackson, was a legit stud last year even.
    As a fan of a team that's best corner and running back were UDFA's, that's not too concerning to me. It's amazing the type of talent that gets looked over in the draft. If he doesn't work out it's no big deal, but if he just needs a different system or change of scenery, then it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He apparently didn't play or practice much in preseason because he was getting healthy. He claims he's healthy now and sources say he desires to come back to Denver... Since we've got a huge weakness at inside backer right now because of injuries, I hope the Broncos after just as interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I saw him trending on Twitter and was hoping he was a surprise cut (You never know with Chuckie lol) but saw the extension instead

I saw him trending on Twitter and was hoping he was a surprise cut (You never know with Chuckie lol) but saw the extension instead
    We can all hope something like that when we see these types of players trending on twitter from our teams rivals.

Im glad we locked down Hudson. Since joining Oakland he has only allowed like 33 pressures. Several OL allowed more then that last season alone.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast