Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tigers aer in poll position for #1 Draft Pick!!!!

Os have 3 more wins then we do and have played 4 more games at this point. Let's hope Gardy can seal the deal and just keep losing.

Swept by the Mariners is a good way to keep this up. I can't wait to see how awful this team is once Greene, Body, and/or Nick C are gone.

Same old Tigers

Spencer Torkelson seems the logical choice, but he's not from Florida

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Does he have any ties to the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I like Torkelson but we may be forced to go with another RHP since he may be far and away the best player in Emerson Handcock from Georgia. Personally, I like the High School centerfielder in Pete Crow-Armstrong. Fast, plays high end CF, hits well, and is developing power too. Not to get carried away but has some Trout to his game. If he has another great year as a senior, he need to be in the #1 pick conversation. Lastly, don't count out Austin Martin from Vandy either. He is a high end athlete who can hit. He is an on base machine and put up 8 HR's last year as well. You could put him at 2B/3B or outfield. Just some names to throw out there to watch.

when we making the playoffs 2022?

2023. Greenís rookie season

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Is it too late to trade him?

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Is it too late to trade him?
    I don't know why I laughed

Green can hit. Don't be suprised if we see him by Aug. 2021. Tigesr don't give a **** about defense and Greene won't be a good defender so no reason not to let him hit in the pros when he's destroying AA and AAA pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Green can hit. Don't be suprised if we see him by Aug. 2021. Tigesr don't give a **** about defense and Greene won't be a good defender so no reason not to let him hit in the pros when he's destroying AA and AAA pitching.
    I think weíve argued this before and probably donít agree but... no reason to start the clock on a kid if your team sucks. All you do is make him a free agent sooner and your window shorter. Unless they sign him to a long term deal that buys out some of his arb and FA years for a deal. This is the way most of the rest of the league is treating high end talent.

I think weíve argued this before and probably donít agree but... no reason to start the clock on a kid if your team sucks. All you do is make him a free agent sooner and your window shorter. Unless they sign him to a long term deal that buys out some of his arb and FA years for a deal. This is the way most of the rest of the league is treating high end talent.
    I think we have had this conversation but here's my thoughts on this anways.

1. In 2023 do you think Gardy and Avila will be here if the Tigers keep tanking? No. They will have to win sooner rather then later or be unemployed.
    2. Look at the top prospects in the organization. They are all in AA right now except Greene. They are slated to be in the MLB by mid to late 2020. 3 years later they will start getting expensive and you will have to move 1 or 2 pitchers since we are very top heavy in that deparment
    3. Greene's growth could be stunted by leaving him in the minors too long. AA and AAA won't be much of a match for him with his hit ability. He's going to mash and his bat could force his promotions.
    4. With the starting pitchers we have in AA you need to take advantage of their low salalries while you can (think nfl with rookie qb salaries). Their talent is also best when they aer in their early 20s so your best odds of winning with them are going to be 2022-2028. Get Greene up with them and be primed for a good 3-4 year run as a contender.
    5. With low salaries of the the young guns you could bring in high priced FA to fill out roster.

This team should be realy to compete again by 2022 and it should show big time improvements by 2021. I totally expect to see Greene light up the minors and make his debut in Sept 2021 and never look back.

Maybe. If the Tigers are the team you are describing then I can see bringing him up in 22 (21 roster expansion) but only if he is 100% ready and the Tigers are playing to get into the postseason. And in that case I would try and sign him long term for a more team friendly contract so there is no need to do the ďneeds more time in the minors to start the yearĒ to get extra year of control game.

I donít buy the argument that more time in the minors is bad for these guys. There is always something to learn and they are better off having the time to become dominate at each level.

Blaze Jordan reclassified so he can be in the 2020 draft rather than the 2021 class. He was considered the top 2021 prospect and is likened to Bryce Harper. Tons of power and his you tube video's are supposed to be legendary. Here's a link about him: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...0-draft-class/

Maybe he's the chosen #1 now?

I still like Pete Crow-Armstrong at this point due to the "overall" game but this is another position guy for them to look at anyway. I will need to do more research to see about fielding, strike outs, etc... on his game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast