Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    He creates the Boston Big 3 and wins a title, then trades them off and trades them off before they hit rock bottom and is back in the playoffs within a year and builds a team that goes to the ECF 2 straight seasons, then realizes they aren't enough to get over the hump and trades his top players at peak value and now has one of the best young cores in the league who look to be heading to the ECF 2 years after their last ECF appearance.

How on earth is this guy overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I'm a little surprised on how low some of you seem to be on Tatum. He's frankly ahead of the curve by a decent amount of where Giannis was at this point in his career. I'm not saying Tatum will be on that level, but I definitely think he has the potential to turn into a top 5 player.
    yeah Tatum is starting to get there. He still needs to bulk up more so that he can play some bully ball like Lebron and Giannis do instead of only the finesse game, but he's clearly an upper echolon player now.

I'm a little surprised on how low some of you seem to be on Tatum. He's frankly ahead of the curve by a decent amount of where Giannis was at this point in his career. I'm not saying Tatum will be on that level, but I definitely think he has the potential to turn into a top 5 player.
    Can we just stop with the so far ahead of giannis at certain stage discussions? I've heard it with Simmons. I've heard it now with Tatum. Giannis was never part of anythign that resembled AAU. Giannis played overseas in what is maybe the equivalent of D3 ball at best. Tatum grew up in AAU and went to Duke. All of these guys should be ahead of Giannis at certain stages. Giannis is an exception to the rule. He came out of nowhere with virtually no real legit formal basketball history. Using him as a benchmark for highly recruited, big time college American or even Luka-esque Euros is just dumb.

It's no different than the kawhi draft discussions. There's lots of prospects who are similar to kawhi coming out. But after he came out, kawhi unlocked something unexpected. That's highly uncommon, so comparing guys to that too is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He creates the Boston Big 3 and wins a title, then trades them off and trades them off before they hit rock bottom and is back in the playoffs within a year and builds a team that goes to the ECF 2 straight seasons, then realizes they aren't enough to get over the hump and trades his top players at peak value and now has one of the best young cores in the league who look to be heading to the ECF 2 years after their last ECF appearance.

How on earth is this guy overrated?
    x2. Love his coaching moves too. I love that he kept Doc for the vet team to win the ring and then he hired Brad Stevens who will probably coach that team for the next decade. As a Knicks fan I'm jealous of the stability of that FO/Coaching Staff.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Can we just stop with the so far ahead of giannis at certain stage discussions? I've heard it with Simmons. I've heard it now with Tatum. Giannis was never part of anythign that resembled AAU. Giannis played overseas in what is maybe the equivalent of D3 ball at best. Tatum grew up in AAU and went to Duke. All of these guys should be ahead of Giannis at certain stages. Giannis is an exception to the rule. He came out of nowhere with virtually no real legit formal basketball history. Using him as a benchmark for highly recruited, big time college American or even Luka-esque Euros is just dumb.

It's no different than the kawhi draft discussions. There's lots of prospects who are similar to kawhi coming out. But after he came out, kawhi unlocked something unexpected. That's highly uncommon, so comparing guys to that too is dumb.
    I guess, but he's on par or ahead of a lot of other guys at this stage who turned into great players and it's pretty rare for a guy to do what Tatum is doing at this level at his age and experience. He's basically the leader and best player on a contending team in what has turned into a very strong and competitive conference...and the way things are going, the Celtics might actually come out of the east.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    yeah Tatum is starting to get there. He still needs to bulk up more so that he can play some bully ball like Lebron and Giannis do instead of only the finesse game, but he's clearly an upper echolon player now.
    Yep, completely agree with this.

told you guys to wait before talking ****... : )

This thread is pretty absurd. As a laker fan, I have no problem saying that Ainge is one of the best GMs in the league and has been for quite some time. He managed to rebuild the Celtics to win a championship, then rebuilt them in a very short period, all the while keeping them fairly competitive, and stock piling draft picks and assets. Tatum is a future top 5 player and they have a legitimate shot to come out of the east this year...and they have a pretty darn deep roster and knowing Ainge's history, solid help will likely be added this offseason. The Celtics are basically the gold standard on how to rebuild a team while staying competitive.
    PSD is timing out quick so I gotta be quick. Typed more but got erased.

1. Ainge was going to lose his job if he didnít deliver if I remember correctly so he got a disgruntled Allen and called in a favor to his buddy McHale and built those two guys around Pierce. Rondo just happened to work out (although heís been hit or miss since).
    2. Billy King is dumb and under pressure from his Russian team owner so Ainge reaped those picks.
    3. I donít see Tatum ever being a Top 5 guy unless a lot of guys retire and no one new comes in time. Heís not better than a lot of guys that are young enough to outlast him even if no new blood comes up any time soon. He got Hayward because of Stevens and he basically flipped Horford for Kemba, which was huge.

Ainge isnít terrible (obviously) but heís more crafty than great. Kudos to him to do what heís done but heís had a lot of help.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-06-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

told you guys to wait before talking ****... : )
    Your just mad cause he actually knows how to complement all the players and surrounding his stars with a good cast

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Your just mad cause he actually knows how to complement all the players and surrounding his stars with a good cast

i mean maybe... or maybe wait until you get out of the 2nd round... if 2nd round equals championship then brown and brand would have won the title last year amirite?

dont be butthurt because you ran your mouth which i respect and now lost 2 in a row when you thought the series was over... you could still win but here is the problem with running your mouth........... if you dont win the title all this **** talking means nothing... remember? the sixers lost to the champs last year on a fluke movie like bounce and who gives a **** outside of philly to this day?????????

Ainge isnít terrible (obviously) but heís more crafty than great.

Wondering, how many GM's out there are great but not crafty?
    We are talking about General Managers and not left-handed pitchers, right?

I will continue to talk **** cause I thought it was going 7 no matter what

One More Time

I was wrong for posting this thread when I did. The celtics looked like a total dumpster fire at the time and they have looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

1. Ainge was going to lose his job if he didnít deliver if I remember correctly so he got a disgruntled Allen and called in a favor to his buddy McHale and built those two guys around Pierce. Rondo just happened to work out (although heís been hit or miss since).
    2. Billy King is dumb and under pressure from his Russian team owner so Ainge reaped those picks.
    3. I donít see Tatum ever being a Top 5 guy unless a lot of guys retire and no one new comes in time. Heís not better than a lot of guys that are young enough to outlast him even if no new blood comes up any time soon. He got Hayward because of Stevens and he basically flipped Horford for Kemba, which was huge.

Ainge isnít terrible (obviously) but heís more crafty than great. Kudos to him to do what heís done but heís had a lot of help.
    I feel like ďmore crafty than greatĒ can really be applied to a lot of great GM.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

I don't really have a stake in this one way or the other, but it seems like you're kind of diminishing his accomplishments. He's managed to stockpile a ton of assets while rebuilding and staying competitive and now I'd say they're probably going to come out of the East and I think they have a shot at the title if Hayward can come back. Ainge's has managed to make a lot of very shrewd draft picks, trades, and signings...and he's continued to do it over and over again.

As for Tatum, I don't think he's a lock to be a top 5 player, but I think he has a shot at it in another 3-6 years. He has excellent size and athleticism and is already super skilled, is very meticulous, and seems to have a very strong work ethic, and he's only 21.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-07-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast