Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ranking the best teams MJ destroyed during his reign of terror

The only truly All-Time level teams he faced he lost to, I guess the 50 win Pistons and the Kareem less Lakers come closest but they went out in a whimper. IDK if most would rank them above the 90's Knicks tbh.

So here are the top Squads;

91Pistons (50 Wins/3.08 SRS) HOF Backcourt and prime Rodman.
    91 Lakers (58 WIns/6.73 SRS) Magic Johnson and injured Scott+Worthy
    92 Blazers (57 WIns/6.94 SRS) Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter headline this squad....
    93 Suns (62 Wins/6.27 SRS) Older Charles and Creepy KJ and a defenseless Suns squad
    93 Knicks (60 Wins/5.87 SRS) These Knicks hit their peak level the following year when MJ retired. They had taken the Bulls to 7 the year prior, so either one works for me

96 Magic (60 Wins/5.40 SRS) Penny+Shaq with an injured Horace Grant
    96 Sonics (64 Wins/7.40 SRS) Hobbled GP and peak Kemp
    97 Jazz (64 Wins/7.97 SRS) Old man versions of Stockton and Malone

Rank em and ask yourself, do these teams hang tough with some of the contenders of the 2010's

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The only truly All-Time level teams he faced he lost to, I guess the 50 win Pistons and the Kareem less Lakers come closest but they went out in a whimper. IDK if most would rank them above the 90's Knicks tbh.

92 Blazers (57 WIns/6.94 SRS) Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter headline this squad....
    93 Suns (62 Wins/6.27 SRS) Older Charles and Creepy KJ and a defenseless Suns squad
    93 Knicks (60 Wins/5.87 SRS) These Knicks hit their peak level the following year when MJ retired. They had taken the Bulls to 7 the year prior, so either one works for me

Rank em and ask yourself, do these teams hang tough with some of the contenders of the 2010's
    97 Jazz gave them there toughest test IMO, but probably because the Bulls were also aging.

I feel like the 92 Blazers were the best team they faced.

I watched all those series and remember them pretty well.

The suns were pretty stacked though. Even Dumas was a beast at the time when he got his opportunities.

we;re all in agreement, 90's comp sucked

Jordan was an insane player and arguably the GOAT.... But he legit went up against such easy teams and had a warriors level stacked team and if you ever try to argue against the goat status its 6 rings... 6-0... uber clutch.

Jordan ran em man, y'all trippin. Blazers were nasty, suns and Sonics were, jazz were probably the best, I dunno. Knicks were a squad in the east, Pacers and magic had some good years. But the west was a savage, the west was stacked, every finals (except maybe Lakers, I dunno) was ****in certified and legit. If you came out the west you beat Barkley's suns, Robinson spurs, Hakeem clyde rockets, Kemp payton sonic, malone jazz, even that one year majerle Kevin Johnson, Barkley, they were stacked

Even blazers were hella nasty even tho they had mad turnover.

Bulls got 6 man, cant take nothing away from that. Goat team legacy. I doubt the warriors can run off 3 more.

****in bulls!
    Last edited by nastynice; 07-26-2019 at 03:36 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Jordan ran em man, y'all trippin. Blazers were nasty, suns and Sonics were, jazz were probably the best, I dunno. Knicks were a squad in the east, Pacers and magic had some good years. But the west was a savage, the west was stacked, every finals (except maybe Lakers, I dunno) was ****in certified and legit. If you came out the west you beat Barkley's suns, Robinson spurs, Hakeem clyde rockets, Kemp payton sonic, malone jazz, even that one year majerle Kevin Johnson, Barkley, they were stacked

Even blazers were hella nasty even tho they had mad turnover.

Bulls got 6 man, cant take nothing away from that. Goat team legacy. I doubt the warriors can run off 3 more.

****in bulls!
    count the hof'ers on those squads. u still sure they were legit

92 Blazers had Kersey as well, Porter was still elite, especially during this playoffs run
    93 Suns had Majerle and Dumas on top of Barkley and KJ. Mind you that Barkley was 29 years old, so not "old Barkley" lmao
    I don't recall 96 Sonics Payton being hobbled, and people gave him credit on his defense against MJ. Plus they had Schrempf and Hawk too

92 Cavs were legit too, Price Nance Daugherty were no slouchs

But the 92 and 93 Knicks were the best team they faced imo

What is the point of this thread? If it's saying "yeah MJ never had to face a team as good as GS", it's obvious, but painting those 90's team as garbo is plain ridiculous

Poor jazz who got raped 2 times in a row...

I thought the 96's Sonics had a chance but well the 96's Bulls were something else.

I think the fact all the teams lost certainly damages their historical perspective. If say the Jazz won both those, they'd be looked at as one of the better teams.

I think the Jazz, Sonics, Blazers and Suns were all very good. Obviously the Pistons were extremely good as well. He faced plenty of tough competition. I think I did the breakdown in the past, but although MJ hasn't won against teams as good as Bron has in the Finals, he never lost to a team as bad as LeBron has in the Finals.

Iím not impressed at all to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

Iím going with the 96 magic squad as the best because they beat the Jordan lead Bulls in the 1995 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals. I think people forget the Bulls lost that series.

Prime penny & Shaq ❤️ Blue chips era

Iíve been meaning to ask you this Chronz, do you want my sig? I canít picture anyone who could be happier about Kawhi joining your Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahriman View Post
    92 Blazers had Kersey as well, Porter was still elite, especially during this playoffs run
    93 Suns had Majerle and Dumas on top of Barkley and KJ. Mind you that Barkley was 29 years old, so not "old Barkley" lmao
    I don't recall 96 Sonics Payton being hobbled, and people gave him credit on his defense against MJ. Plus they had Schrempf and Hawk too

92 Cavs were legit too, Price Nance Daugherty were no slouchs

But the 92 and 93 Knicks were the best team they faced imo

What is the point of this thread? If it's saying "yeah MJ never had to face a team as good as GS", it's obvious, but painting those 90's team as garbo is plain ridiculous
    I like the cut of your jib. yes the point of my thread was to point out the garbo squads he faced in comparison to the super teams of today. could you honestly envision any of those teams hanging with even mild contenders of recent memory, not even talking about adjusting to an era but comparing their respective eras. I honestly believe some of these squads dont even make the Finals (ECF or otherwise) if they had to take on some of the teams of recent memory.

Seriously which of those teams stands out as a true barometer to judge MJ by...... GP was hobbled bro, the reason he was given credit was because it took G.Karl like 2 games to finally put his best defender on MJ, the reason he was hesitant to begin with was precisely because GP was hurt and he didn't want to put too much on him. It was stupid AF and another example of GK's conservative style biting him in the ***.

IDK why but it felt like Chuck was older than that, I know he won the MVP and was still a bad mfker but dude, Philly Chuck was an athletic marvel, MJ didn't face that beast when he was fully crewed up. Thats the basic theme here, MJ usually had the 2nd or 3rd best player in a series on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iíve been meaning to ask you this Chronz, do you want my sig? I canít picture anyone who could be happier about Kawhi joining your Clippers.
    You have no idea what this city feels like now, at least if you're the type to talk to a **** ton of strangers. I met this dude the other day that looks exactly like Kyrie to the point where he stopped me before I could even ask.Twas wearing my Bird jersey and we talked ball for a good 20 minutes, got him a beer and went on my way but man, this city cant wait for the hallway series. I just hope Bron doesn't age before our eyes. Ill think of a good sig, been thinking about the 213 (DTLA original area code) being the theme. Basketball has returned to the mecca (yes, look up your history Yankees)

Yeah super teams were more rare back then. Teams were more balanced due to no max contracts and teams not being able to manipulate the system and load up on high end talent.

You could still try to create one via trade like the geezer rockets.

These old timers say they wouldn't team up but I don't fall for that bluff. The system made it harder to team up without sacrificing one's own pocket. Nowadays the system makes it far easier to team up due to the restrictions on how much a true superstar can make.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast