Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Majority of slaves brought to America were Muslim. When slaves were transported here they purposefully split them up so they could purposefully destroy the slaves culture, as this makes for an easier to control population.

They didn't want to group slaves together from similar regions as it allows for communication which means possible revolt. And through this process they took their religion away from them.

This was a very thought out and calculated maneuver.

And again kinda brings me back to the "intellect" aspect, I think the jailed Muslim convert is a common character, and this character is usually very knowledgable about their history, even back to the west indies and Africa.

I wouldn't say christianity failed them. It's too powerful to fail anyone. I'd say they failed christianity. I think Europe just unfortunately raped their own religion in order to convince themselves they do have the right to go all over the world and attempt to run genocide campaigns where they see fit.

That's a tough sell, and tough sales can only be made with valuable chips, religion is one of the most valuable chips in man's history. You can see it in the middle east right now
    Can you back that up?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Can you back that up?
    I doubt it

Probably if they have stats of where slaves came from and what religions were present in those regions...
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    I doubt it

Probably if they have stats of where slaves came from and what religions were present in those regions...
    I am pretty sure you are wrong on that. Folks know where they came from and they largely came from west africa... like senegal to angola. \

Looking at those regions they largely practiced indigenous African religions in 1900.

https://decolonialatlas.wordpress.co...ion-in-africa/

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I am pretty sure you are wrong on that. Folks know where they came from and they largely came from west africa... like senegal to angola. \

Looking at those regions they largely practiced indigenous African religions in 1900.

https://decolonialatlas.wordpress.co...ion-in-africa/
    Islam has been and still is a major religion in west Africa

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This is a little history of islam in africa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Africa

Majority of slaves brought to America were Muslim. When slaves were transported here they purposefully split them up so they could purposefully destroy the slaves culture, as this makes for an easier to control population.

They didn't want to group slaves together from similar regions as it allows for communication which means possible revolt. And through this process they took their religion away from them.

This was a very thought out and calculated maneuver.

And again kinda brings me back to the "intellect" aspect, I think the jailed Muslim convert is a common character, and this character is usually very knowledgable about their history, even back to the west indies and Africa.

I wouldn't say christianity failed them. It's too powerful to fail anyone. I'd say they failed christianity. I think Europe just unfortunately raped their own religion in order to convince themselves they do have the right to go all over the world and attempt to run genocide campaigns where they see fit.

That's a tough sell, and tough sales can only be made with valuable chips, religion is one of the most valuable chips in man's history. You can see it in the middle east right now
    It was much more simple than that, more brutal Slaves were to be treated as property, not people. They had no rights. It was illegal just to educate them. Taking away their culture was the least of it. Plantation owners didn't even want them reading or writing or speaking their native language. Their old identities were removed and new ones were given them. They were named after their plantation owners. It's why, back in the 60s and 70s, people formerly known as Malcolm Little, Cassius Clay, and Lew Alcindor gave themselves new names: Malcolm X, Muhammed Ali, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

White America didn't understand this. I was about 10 or 11 when Alcindor became Jabbar. I remember asking my dad, "Why would he disrespect his dad by changing his name?" "He had no good answer for me back then other to say "He says 'Alcindor' is his slave name."

My name came from centuries and generations of ancestors. I cannot imagine how it must feel to know I was named after the person who bought my first American ancestor from his kidnapper.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123