Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BREAKING: AEW will debut on TNT Wednesday Oct 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yxC-CTmoc4

AEW will debut Wednesday Oct 2. This will put AEW in competition with NXT, and depending on if NXT moves to Fox Sports 1 or 2, this could mean Wednesday night wars!

UPDATED: The show time is 8-10 PM EST.
    Last edited by redsox12; 07-24-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

That's cool. I'm sure WWE will host some special one time only event to coincide with AEW's tv debut. Can't wait though. Hopefully it will be good week to week and it will be the competition WWE needs to be better as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-24-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Rumor is WWE has had talks to at least some extent to put NXT on FS1, as Redsox noted. Hope NXT stays where it is, though.

TNT Premieres All Elite Wrestling’s Live Weekly Matches on Wednesdays Beginning October 2

July 24, 2019 – WarnerMedia announced today that the new professional wrestling league All Elite Wrestling (AEW) will begin airing its two-hour weekly matches on TNT on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 8 p.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET. The highly-anticipated, action-packed matches will take place in different cities across the nation each week on Wednesdays, starting in Washington, D.C., at the famed Capital One Arena. Ticket pricing and on-sale date for the televised live event will be announced on Monday, July 29, at 12 p.m. ET via AEW’s social media platforms.

AEW features a world-class roster of diverse male and female wrestlers, giving fans a new wrestling experience for the first time in 20 years. Founded by President and CEO Tony Khan, AEW is headlined by Cody & Brandi Rhodes, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Kenny Omega, Hangman Adam Page, Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley. The roster is also filled with incredibly skilled competitors including Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong, Dustin Rhodes, Jungle Boy, Dr. Britt Baker, MJF and SCU. In addition to being in-ring talent, Cody, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega also serve as EVPs with Brandi Rhodes serving as Chief Brand Officer. Renowned commentator Jim Ross has also joined the league. Focused on fast-paced, high-impact competitions, AEW offers fans more athleticism along with real sports analytics. Wrestlers are also given freedom to explore their characters and highlight their athletic abilities. Introducing statistics to wrestling for the first time ever, AEW will raise the stakes for its matches and deepen fan engagement by tracking each competitor’s wins and losses as wrestlers pursue championships. Their moves and damage to their opponents will also be analyzed on-air to provide insights into their winning streaks.

WarnerMedia has been offering fans exclusive access to AEW’s previous matches that kicked off in May. Their extremely popular events DOUBLE OR NOTHING, FYTER FEST and FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN were all streamed on B/R Live. The highly anticipated ALL OUT event in Chicago on Saturday, Aug. 31, will also stream on the platform. B/R Live’s high fan engagement provides an invaluable opportunity to build AEW’s audience and maximize its viewership.
    The press release states that it will be from 8-10PM. First episode from the Capital One Arena in D.C. Attendance will be interesting. The place holds probably like 16,000 for wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    The press release states that it will be from 8-10PM. First episode from the Capital One Arena in D.C. Attendance will be interesting. The place holds probably like 16,000 for wrestling.
    Ok 8-10, sounds good but for those that want AEW to be really, really edgy. That can't happen until 10, and they are going off the air then.
    Last edited by redsox12; 07-24-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

I don't think AEW would have ever been that edgy, even if given the opportunity. They'll be PG13, or whatever, but I don't think it would have ever been much more than blood. It'll still largely be a PG product.

I don't think AEW would have ever been that edgy, even if given the opportunity. They'll be PG13, or whatever, but I don't think it would have ever been much more than blood. It'll still largely be a PG product.
    I hope they are PG-13. I'm not a fan of the PG era in wrestling. It doesn't need to be Attitude era but PG makes it difficult to get invested in feuds imo. Wrestling needs certain elements of reality or at least a feel of it. When everything feels like a work, its not organic.

But what makes a show PG-13? I don't see them using sex or extreme violence. Blood would be the main thing. Some cussing. I don't think that it would be very edgy.

But what makes a show PG-13? I don't see them using sex or extreme violence. Blood would be the main thing. Some cussing. I don't think that it would be very edgy.
    Probably the blood and cursing. I don't hate the idea of a Scarlette Bordeaux type in AEW, although I know that's not going to happen. Society is too woke for that but it never hurts to have some sexual elements to the product. That doesn't have to define women's wrestling in AEW but people need to remember males make up probably 90% of wrestling fans.

Its not super edgy but it does bring a realism to matches that doesn't exist often in WWE imo.

So this starting in October will be the wrestling lineup for the week.

Monday: WWE RAW

Tuesday: None

Wednesday: AEW, NXT

Thursday: Impact? (they may move to AXS-TV, so could get a new night)

Friday: WWE Smackdown

Saturday: NJPW, WOW, MLW, NXT Takovers, AEW PPV's

Sunday: WWE PPV's

Different Times depending on Sinclair channels ROH

Wrestling everynight except Tuesdays.

I am almost certain to book my tickets. I work like 15 minutes walking distance from the Capital One Arena so I don't know why I wouldn't go unless the tickets are astronomically pricey.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

very happy for AEW. I hate the name its kind of corny, but I will watch, and hope they succeed. They have some momentum and some good talent. I cant wait to see how they handle a week to week schedule.

Odd they chose to compete with NXT but i bet the twitter heads will say "WWE will put a special on it" to compete with AEW like they did for Evolve. Only those people forget that NXT has been on Wed forever and forget to leave out the fact that, Evolve had that date booked welllllllllllll in advanced, before fight for the fallen was booked. WWE/Evolve has had a working relationship for a few years now that one of there specials would be on the network. I also wouldnt doubt if it was a test to see if they can get a tier system going to get other promotions on the WWE Network.

but you know, facts get in a way of a good story

First Sim League Title!

just realized AEW's first show is the same week as SD premiering on FOX.

I bet twitter wont mention AEW trying to "counter program" WWE

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    very happy for AEW. I hate the name its kind of corny, but I will watch, and hope they succeed. They have some momentum and some good talent. I cant wait to see how they handle a week to week schedule.

Odd they chose to compete with NXT but i bet the twitter heads will say "WWE will put a special on it" to compete with AEW like they did for Evolve. Only those people forget that NXT has been on Wed forever and forget to leave out the fact that, Evolve had that date booked welllllllllllll in advanced, before fight for the fallen was booked. WWE/Evolve has had a working relationship for a few years now that one of there specials would be on the network. I also wouldnt doubt if it was a test to see if they can get a tier system going to get other promotions on the WWE Network.

but you know, facts get in a way of a good story
    You have to admit, the timing of choosing that show to be the one on the network was suspect.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that an idea has been discussed by AEW and TNT to air the USA debut of Kenny Omega documentary Omegaman. The idea behind airing the TSN in Canada documentary, is that it would help hype AEW and promote Kenny Omega to a wider audience as a top star. The documentary gives Omega a lot of focus, however it also spends time on the Golden Lovers tag team with Kota Ibushi and there’s no plans on Ibushi working for AEW.

It should be noted that while this is something that has been discussed, that doesn’t mean the odds of it happening are good at this point.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/tnt-h...y-to-hype-aew/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast