Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    where do you rank bill walton?
    Below the top 25. I don't have a ranking list off the top of my head that low.

Peak would be higher of course as he CARRIED a team to a title. Something Kawhi has obviously never done (replace a middling All Star on a 60 win team with an All NBA player and you're a heavy contender obviously) along with his super limited prime production in comparison to the greats. And the Spurs team he was a top 60 player with All NBA 1st Team Duncan + Manu and TP. He never made it to the promised land without them again.
    Last edited by tredigs; 07-25-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Very little contention to my Kawhi comments and that is not surprising. Homeboy may be the most overrated player in history (to my knowledge) right now.

He's definitely being overrated by some. I mean you just can't put him top 10 or 20 over guys that were beasts and carried teams for a decade or more. I mean would you automatically put Malone top 10 if he got a ring playing a Bulls team where MJ played for 2 quarters and Rodman was out most of the series??

There are too many people who have WAY more accolades than Kawhi for a couple rings to jump over them. He is a 3 time All-Star. Maybe I'm being a homer but in now way should he be ranked ahead of Malone for example. 14 time All-Star, 14 time All NBA team, 4 time All-NBA Defensive team, 2 time MVP. But RANGS bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He's definitely being overrated by some. I mean you just can't put him top 10 or 20 over guys that were beasts and carried teams for a decade or more. I mean would you automatically put Malone top 10 if he got a ring playing a Bulls team where MJ played for 2 quarters and Rodman was out most of the series??

There are too many people who have WAY more accolades than Kawhi for a couple rings to jump over them. He is a 3 time All-Star. Maybe I'm being a homer but in now way should he be ranked ahead of Malone for example. 14 time All-Star, 14 time All NBA team, 4 time All-NBA Defensive team, 2 time MVP. But RANGS bro!!
    Lmfao no you're not being a homer. You're God damn delusional and have no case to stand on if you put Kawhi Leonard over Malone. But I welcome all arguments. Starting with you Quin? -->

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Watch him win MVP then everyone will be eating crow
    He want win the MVP, I just don't see it happening, but ive been seeing people say he should be put in the GOAT conversation, also people saying he's a top 5 or 10 all time now. People or completely overrating him! I don't even have him in my top 20 all time greats yet! He's a top 50 as of now, sorry guy's, but he still has a long ways to go to be put up top with my all time greats! Just seems like some people have giving him more credit than he should have gotten from their playoff run, it was a nice run, but come on now, not to the point were he should be considered a top 5 or 10 all time great because of it!

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Very little contention to my Kawhi comments and that is not surprising. Homeboy may be the most overrated player in history (to my knowledge) right now.
    Iverson says hello

Below the top 25. I don't have a ranking list off the top of my head that low.

Peak would be higher of course as he CARRIED a team to a title. Something Kawhi has obviously never done (replace a middling All Star on a 60 win team with an All NBA player and you're a heavy contender obviously) along with his super limited prime production in comparison to the greats. And the Spurs team he was a top 60 player with All NBA 1st Team Duncan + Manu and TP. He never made it to the promised land without them again.
    Other than this past season when he... ya know, won the Title.

his advanced numbers the last 3 postseasons he's played have been extraordinary. In terms of peak, how many players do you actually think are better than him at his best?

Hes on a path to be top 5 all-time but I'm not sure where to put him right now.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-26-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Anybody but me see the hilarious irony of Tre's take on Kawhi. No? Ok then. Imagine a guy who has been so good but has never proven excellent results or won anything of significance without falling into extremely favorable circumstances first.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Anybody but me see the hilarious irony of Tre's take on Kawhi. No? Ok then. Imagine a guy who has been so good but has never proven excellent results or won anything of significance without falling into extremely favorable circumstances first.

Lol really? In Curry's case the system was built around his arrival (once they got rid of Monta) and he was a b2b MVP/first ever unanimous MVP and has been atop the RPM/PIPM ladders for some time. It was a steady climb for Golden State from bottom dwellers to champs (nobody pretends that he did not have plenty of help, every dynasty does). Kawhi joined a 60 win team/off-on dynasty in San Antonio and another 60 win team in Toronto. That is the same to you?
    Last edited by tredigs; 07-26-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Lol really? In Curry's case the system was built around his arrival (once they got rid of Monta) and he was a b2b MVP/first ever unanimous MVP and has been atop the RPM/PIPM ladders for some time. It was a steady climb for Golden State from bottom dwellers to champs (nobody pretends that he did not have plenty of help, every dynasty does). Kawhi joined a 60 win team/off-on dynasty in San Antonio and another 60 win team in Toronto. That is the same to you?
    I mean, what the joined is pretty irrelevant compared to what they were right? Are you somehow suggesting that Klay and Dray were not All-NBA caliber players because Curry joined a down on their luck Franchise? Heck, even with old man Duncan and crew, I don't think one could say that Kawhi has ever played with teams as talented as what Curry has played with.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I mean, what the joined is pretty irrelevant compared to what they were right? Are you somehow suggesting that Klay and Dray were not All-NBA caliber players because Curry joined a down on their luck Franchise? Heck, even with old man Duncan and crew, I don't think one could say that Kawhi has ever played with teams as talented as what Curry has played with.
    It's very relevant as Kawhi joined the culture and he was not close to a top player in the league when they won (Duncan and TP were incumbent All NBA at the time). In Golden State it was built around Curry.

It's very relevant as Kawhi joined the culture and he was not close to a top player in the league when they won (Duncan and TP were incumbent All NBA at the time). In Golden State it was built around Curry.
    Yes, Kawhi joined a franchise with a history of better decisions. But it's not like the current Warriors GM is somehow worse than he is because the Franchise he joined sucked before he arrived. I'd say Curry has been in one of the Top 3-5 best organizations in the league from an owner, GM, and coaching standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes, Kawhi joined a franchise with a history of better decisions. But it's not like the current Warriors GM is somehow worse than he is because the Franchise he joined sucked before he arrived. I'd say Curry has been in one of the Top 3-5 best organizations in the league from an owner, GM, and coaching standpoint.
    It was mutually beneficial for sure. The underlying point here is that when Kawhi won in San Antonio (the only time they won with him) he was 2 years away from being an All Star and absolutely nothing was built around him. When GS took it down the first time with Curry he was the league MVP (and made an encore as unanimous league MVP for good measure) with the league's best offense built completely around him. 100% different circumstances.

no, try and stick to what i said. curry's success has all come alongside great players and a great organization. he has never had to carry anything. i will give you Curry has been an instrumental part of the culture change, if that's what you feel, but i doesn't change the fact that the incredible talent was there at the first real hint of success. there is no other player in the NBA that your criticism of Kawhi applies to more than your own boy.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast