Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What middling all star does what kawhi just did. certainly not middleton. I honestly value Kawhis title above Currys, injuries influenced both events only Kawhi has the build to crush on both ends.
    There is very little to debate on that, although I do think the Raptors constructed a well oiled machine to surround Kawhi. As great as Curry is prime Lebron in his place and we are wayyyy sadder this offseason.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Steph curry says hi
    Agreed. I dont think there has ever been a champion receive such a disproportionate amount of credit for team success. I'm not debating the logistical and very tangible value of the 3 pointer but I think there is a little bit of the basketball equivalent of the old 'chicks dig the long ball' working for him that I believe will nudge back a bit the other way over time.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Load managed Kawhi with Paul George coming back soon.... I think this is going to be a problem for the league come playoff time

The best player in the world Kawhi 'Load Managed' Leonard is averaging 29.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 5.7 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.0 BPG shooting 47.4% from the field, 35.5% from 3 and 86% Fts with ELITE DEFENSE!!!

MVP & DPOY!!!

Kawhi for me is still top 20 or top 25 at least all time

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    The best player in the world Kawhi 'Load Managed' Leonard is averaging 29.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 5.7 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.0 BPG shooting 47.4% from the field, 35.5% from 3 and 86% Fts with ELITE DEFENSE!!!

MVP & DPOY!!!
    All that in only 30 min per game

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    All that in only 30 min per game
    Exactly GOAT level quality

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Agreed. I dont think there has ever been a champion receive such a disproportionate amount of credit for team success. I'm not debating the logistical and very tangible value of the 3 pointer but I think there is a little bit of the basketball equivalent of the old 'chicks dig the long ball' working for him that I believe will nudge back a bit the other way over time.

He did change the modern NBA. Imagine 20 years ago guys were stepping in to their 3s once they crossed half court. Thereís something to be said when your impact changes the way the entire league plays the game offensively.

Looks like a Leonard vs Curry thread will be emerging.

I mean I always go with the two way players. To me they just help the team more. So Iím going with Leonard > Curry.

MVP & DPOY!!!
    I donít think he cares about regular season MVP. Honestly.

He would have easily been in the running if he didnít take as many nights off last season. But I think staying healthy and winning more ships is his priority.

If he wins this year with similar impact as the last few seasons, then I'd say he 100% has a top 20 five-year peak. I may even have him there now honestly.

I'm not sure if he's in the top 20 resume yet, and I am the biggest Kawhi (and Luka) homer on here. I could probably be convinced to put him in my top 20 if he wins another championship/FMVP.

As for the "0x MVPs", I mean, Nash won 2x and isn't close to top 20. I don't think we should use MVPs as a barometer for being top 20. Wade never won one, and granted he doesn't crack my top 20, he is in the mid-to-high 20's. Wes Unseld won an MVP, but I don't think he has any argument for being better than Kawhi (he was a great player though).

Kobe stole Chris Paul's MVP. Had Chris Paul won MVP over Kobe, I would still have Kobe in my top 20. It would be insane not to. However, I do NOT put Kobe in my top 20 simply because Kobe was unjustifiably named MVP in 2008. His lack of a true MVP year doesn't mean he is outside the top-20.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

I say Top 10 all time.

Thoughts.
    "When Kawhi wins his 3rd title and finals mvp in 2020 with Clips, where you rank him?"
    I don't know, but he's already one of the best players. I probably tend to favor the players who played most of their careers prior to 1999 when the NBA instituted the "no hand checking" above the arc rule. Nowadays the rules are so different it's harder than ever to compare players of different eras.

This is why he was never going to the Lakers despite what their media made up. He is without a doubt the best player in the league and can still add a lot to his legacy. Look how much his legacy improved with the title in Toronto. Now take that and give him another one with the Clippers. Not guaranteeing anything just saying for the sake of conversation. That type of legacy would certainly put him up there in a conversation he's really not even in yet. Would it be the same as the 3rd most famous player on the Lakers and being in LeBron's shadow? Nope. He knows that. He actually seems to be taking to the Clipper media. He was more excited and talked way longer with the media after his first pre-season game than he was winning the title. I think he knows how big of a star he can be and ironically he's a much bigger star on the Clippers imo. It will never be a Clipper town. The Clippers will be A LOT bigger deal in 5 years. Kawhi will be the face of that.

If he wins another title as the man, hard to think his trajectory isn't top 5-10 all time by career end.

If he were to.win this year and retire, he is top 20 or so

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast