Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barnes has been optioned to AAA and Smith has been called up... Dodgers are also among the teams showing interest in Syndergaard.

Syndergaard would be great. Heís not a necessity right now but a young, long term asset who has ace potential. Could also push Stripling and Maeda to the bullpen making it better. Obviously should add another pen arm in addition. How likely? Probably not very but Iíd be all in on that.

Maybe something like Ruiz/Gray/Santana/Wong/Estevez? Idk a lot of quantity and maybe not the most high end quality the Mets could receive. Gray is super underrated though (gonna be Top 100 or higher next year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Syndergaard would be great. Heís not a necessity right now but a young, long term asset who has ace potential. Could also push Stripling and Maeda to the bullpen making it better. Obviously should add another pen arm in addition. How likely? Probably not very but Iíd be all in on that.

Maybe something like Ruiz/Gray/Santana/Wong/Estevez? Idk a lot of quantity and maybe not the most high end quality the Mets could receive. Gray is super underrated though (gonna be Top 100 or higher next year)

I wouldnít give up all five of those guys for Syndagaard. Probably three of them, maybe four. Five for one guy is hard to swallow. What kind of control does Syndagaard have left? 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Austin Barnes finally got sent down and the dodgers will probably recall will Smith to replace him.

https://www.truebluela.com/platform/...rought-back-up

I see I was wrong about him being out of options. I read that somewhere and didnít really follow up. Iím glad he got sent out and Smith is back.

Too bad the Nationals are only 4.5 games behind the Braves. I'd love to have Scherzer or Stasburg.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Barnes has been optioned to AAA and Smith has been called up..
    Thank god!!

Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Thank god!!
    I'm just happy I don't have to look at Barnes pouty face after he K's.

I'm just happy I don't have to look at Barnes pouty face after he K's.
    He does this about 20 times a game!

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I wouldnít give up all five of those guys for Syndagaard. Probably three of them, maybe four. Five for one guy is hard to swallow. What kind of control does Syndagaard have left? 2 years?

Yeah I donít know what itíd take. I just try to avoid 2 of the top 4 prospects but for Syndergaard it would be hard to do. And 2 more years of ARB after this year. Pretty great value.

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Yeah I donít know what itíd take. I just try to avoid 2 of the top 4 prospects but for Syndergaard it would be hard to do. And 2 more years of ARB after this year. Pretty great value.

I think Iíd give up two of our top ten and two fillers but I wouldnít give up any combination of Ruiz-May-Lux. It would have to be one of those guys plus a different top ten guy and two fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I think Iíd give up two of our top ten and two fillers but I wouldnít give up any combination of Ruiz-May-Lux. It would have to be one of those guys plus a different top ten guy and two fillers.

I wouldn't give up May or lux (especially lux) but I think Ruiz might be tradable because the dodgers have will Smith. Ruiz is currently the #1 catcher prospect in the baseball, he holds a lot of value. Iíd assume that the dodgers value him higher than smith, but perhaps not. Ruiz looked to be the better hitting prospect but will Smith is better at defense and has really been showing out big time lately with the bat as well..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I wouldn't give up May or lux (especially lux) but I think Ruiz might be tradable because the dodgers have will Smith. Ruiz is currently the #1 catcher prospect in the baseball, he holds a lot of value. Iíd assume that the dodgers value him higher than smith, but perhaps not. Ruiz looked to be the better hitting prospect but will Smith is better at defense and has really been showing out big time lately with the bat as well..
    After thinking about it you might be right about Ruiz. Ruiz is three or four years younger, and a lot better hitter than Smith and hasn't started his clock just yet. They could trade Smith now while his value would be at the highest and then they would probably trade for some low-key backstop.

Los Angeles Angels @ Los Angeles Dodgers

After thinking about it you might be right about Ruiz. Ruiz is three or four years younger, and a lot better hitter than Smith and hasn't started his clock just yet. They could trade Smith now while his value would be at the highest and then they would probably trade for some low-key backstop.
    Itís hard to tell what the dodgers think about these two guys and I keep flip flopping on what Id like to see them do but Iím assuming one of the two will be traded eventually if not this offseason. Will Smith is projected to be a great defensive catcher and an average hitter but with him putting on some healthy weight lately heís really been showing out with the bat. Ruiz on the other hand is supposed to be a great hitter but has supposedly been impressing on defense lately as well (though in the minors). And Ruiz is still so young, he just turned 21 a few days ago.

A couple things that might be a wild card in all of this is that will Smith supposedly is a great pitch framer and can also play other positions (3B and 2B). Those are things that the dodgers really covet so I could see them prefer to keep smith over Ruiz.

Regardless, I think the value is high right now for both of these specs. Dodgers could get a good return right now for either of them imo.

Your baby can't do this

Donít forget that Smith can also play third base really well. When Ruiz is ready in a couple years they might just move Smith to third. By then Turner will be aged out. Hell, Smith might be the stop gap catcher and future third baseman at the same time .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12