Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Los Angeles Angels @ Los Angeles Dodgers

Tuesday July 23rd 7:10pm TV: SNLA
    Taylor ColeVS Kenta Maeda

Wednesday July 24th 7:10pm TV: SNLA
    Jaime Barria VS Ross Stripling

Ebel was such an idiot for sending Bellinger home on that play. Kike hit the ball so hard and arrived in the RF's glove so quickly that Bellinger had zero shot of scoring. Common sense people.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Meh, you gotta take the chance with two outs. The next guy would have to get another hit to score Bellinger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball was hit too hard and too shallow. The only way Bellinger would've scored was on a throwing error.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Why is Will Smith still in the minors? Barnes and Martin have no reason 2 be starting. Smith better be our starting catcher come playoff time. Give him the reps now not 2-3 weeks before the playoffs start. He is a rookie but the more major league at bats he sees now, the better he will do come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Why is Will Smith still in the minors? Barnes and Martin have no reason 2 be starting. Smith better be our starting catcher come playoff time. Give him the reps now not 2-3 weeks before the playoffs start. He is a rookie but the more major league at bats he sees now, the better he will do come playoff time.
    This is something I've wondered as well.. Martin I think is a decent catching option but shouldn't be relied on as the full time starter at his age. Barnes on the other hand...

I thought the main reason for Barnes being in there is because of his pitch framing but he hasn't been as good at that this year. He also has one of the weakest arms in the MLB. I can probably throw to 2nd better than he can. Ball bounces like halfway between the pitchers mound and 2nd base like 90% of the time. Runners know this so it's like a free stolen base and Barnes always looks pissed off after but it's like dude, it's your fault that you got a weak *** arm... He's throwing out runners this year at a career high pace of 24% of the time which would put him in the bottom 5 in the league.

So it's not barnes offense or his defense that is keeping will Smith in the minors.. Maybe Smith ****ed Dave Roberts wife?

Your baby can't do this

Barnes is out of options and Martin is a key veteran on the team. Don’t be surprised though, if, come trade dealing Barnes isn’t either moved or DFA’d in favor of Smith. Barnes has about a week to show anything offensively.

I think the dodgers could be favoring Ruiz anyway tbh. Maybe they look at will Smith as trade bait this trade deadline and because he did pretty good up in the bigs for a short period of time, they want to sell high on him. Could also be why they don't bring him back up, because it could possibly decrease his value.

Either way, I think Ruiz is the catcher of the future but he's probably a year or so away whereas will Smith can probably help the big league club now.

Your baby can't do this

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think the dodgers could be favoring Ruiz anyway tbh. Maybe they look at will Smith as trade bait this trade deadline and because he did pretty good up in the bigs for a short period of time, they want to sell high on him. Could also be why they don't bring him back up, because it could possibly decrease his value.

Either way, I think Ruiz is the catcher of the future but he's probably a year or so away whereas will Smith can probably help the big league club now.
    There could be a number of reasons.

I look at it like this...

* We have a huge division lead so no need to tip our hand
    * Bringing up Smith and DFA’ing Barnes might suggest to other teams that we’ve decided Smith is the catcher of the future, lowering our trade leverage for Ruiz.
    * Leaving them both in the minors implies the Dodgers might still be leaning towards Ruiz, increasing his trade value.

I honestly think the Dodgers believe in Smith. I personally think he’s the better fielder, he also plays 3B (Dodgers value multi-position players), and he has answered the hitting/power growth questions that were the concerns when we drafted him. The dude gets after it.

My bet is that we will see Smith as the everyday catcher by End of Year. If any catcher gets traded this year it will be Ruiz but, unless it’s for a huge return, I doubt it happens. Ruiz is probably at least a year away from MLB. By the time he’s ready, the Dodgers may find that Smith’s bat plays well enough at the corner IF spots to carry both he and Ruiz, giving Smith ample time playing 3 positions.

Upgrading the pen can be done without giving up any of Smith, Ruiz, May, or Lux. If one of them is required, it should only be for a lights out closer with multiple years of TC, IMO.

If Ruiz is sent out for a closer, IMO, the Pirates and Felipe Vasquez are a perfect match.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 07-24-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Barnes is out of options and Martin is a key veteran on the team. Don’t be surprised though, if, come trade dealing Barnes isn’t either moved or DFA’d in favor of Smith. Barnes has about a week to show anything offensively.

Barnes has an option left.

Barnes and Martin might very well be sacking groceries if the Dodgers hadn't signed them.

Dodgers Acquire 1B/3B Tyler White from Houston Astros for minor leaguer Andre Scrubb

Trading for a scrub is a Friedman special.

Quote Originally Posted by JWood1082 View Post
    Dodgers Acquire 1B/3B Tyler White from Houston Astros for minor leaguer Andre Scrubb
    Who tf is that

Your baby can't do this

Austin Barnes finally got sent down and the dodgers will probably recall will Smith to replace him.

https://www.truebluela.com/platform/...rought-back-up

Your baby can't do this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast