Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 324
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,721
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that is only "KEY" if we are once again waiting on 2021 FAgency. Give me the better players and stop worrying about chasing FA's... I'll keep saying it, but FA's go where they want and teams clear cap, we are the only ones that keep clearing cap on prayers.

    Give me Brogdon or DLo, those guys arent on your list? who cares if that means we have a whopping TWO players under contract in '21... this FO is so desperate to protect cap space and keep selling the fanbase dreams instead of trying to build a young, coherent team.

    THey have done some sales job I give them that... they have fans buying into the keys to a good organization is "contract length" and "flexibility".
    they were trades not FA signings,

    I think we can still net Dlo...I'm still hopeful for some moves, I've said it all along, too much redundancy.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that is only "KEY" if we are once again waiting on 2021 FAgency. Give me the better players and stop worrying about chasing FA's... I'll keep saying it, but FA's go where they want and teams clear cap, we are the only ones that keep clearing cap on prayers.

    Give me Brogdon or DLo, those guys arent on your list? who cares if that means we have a whopping TWO players under contract in '21... this FO is so desperate to protect cap space and keep selling the fanbase dreams instead of trying to build a young, coherent team.

    THey have done some sales job I give them that... they have fans buying into the keys to a good organization is "contract length" and "flexibility".
    Brogdon was such an obvious choice for the Knicks to go after.

    I don't think Mills even knows who he is, pretty clear he was never on Mills radar.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Brogdon was such an obvious choice for the Knicks to go after.

    I don't think Mills even knows who he is, pretty clear he was never on Mills radar.
    100%. He does everything we needed. I wanted him all year. Him, Randle, and another of the lesser guys we signed would have made for a pretty nice offseason after all.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,755
    I'm always an optimistic fan -- I know a lot of people seem to relish trashing our current Knicks roster and front office and that is their right I suppose especially considering the past 2 decades of the franchise. However where I come from you are for your team hell or high water and when the chips are down you say wait till next year. A generational thing maybe or just has to do with individual temperament -- whatever. Anyway, I'd like to think we are a good bet to make the playoffs based on a clear talent upgrade -- going to a second round would constitute a great year for me. Moreover I'd like to see the added veterans blend well with the younguns. I'm particularly hopeful for RJ, Mitch, and Randle. And I'd also love to see Frank shut the naysayers up. Because I'm a Knick fan.

    You never know, we've had our hopes up in recent years around KP and so forth only to stink up the joint. But I am confident the hatelash around the Knicks offseason (they were even trashed for not getting the first pick in the lottery like that was some moral defect) will be shown for what it is.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,024
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    they were trades not FA signings,

    I think we can still net Dlo...I'm still hopeful for some moves, I've said it all along, too much redundancy.
    It doesn't seem like we were ever interested in Dlo in FAgency or any 4 year deals so why turn around and now trade assets for a guy we could have just signed?

    I mean Dlo himself said he loved NY and we showed no interest at all...

    I know people want to make sense of all our signings and think a trade must be in the works but it's quite possible that our offseason just doesn't make sense and there are no trades planned.

    It would be moronic to give up a boatload of assets for Dlo after not even trying to sign him for nothing but cap.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,715
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    It doesn't seem like we were ever interested in Dlo in FAgency or any 4 year deals so why turn around and now trade assets for a guy we could have just signed?

    I mean Dlo himself said he loved NY and we showed no interest at all...

    I know people want to make sense of all our signings and think a trade must be in the works but it's quite possible that our offseason just doesn't make sense and there are no trades planned.

    It would be moronic to give up a boatload of assets for Dlo after not even trying to sign him for nothing but cap.
    Even if by miracle they traded for Dlo what exactly are they building here dlo rj knox randle zero defense and all need ball to be effective.

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    It doesn't seem like we were ever interested in Dlo in FAgency or any 4 year deals so why turn around and now trade assets for a guy we could have just signed?

    I mean Dlo himself said he loved NY and we showed no interest at all...

    I know people want to make sense of all our signings and think a trade must be in the works but it's quite possible that our offseason just doesn't make sense and there are no trades planned.

    It would be moronic to give up a boatload of assets for Dlo after not even trying to sign him for nothing but cap.
    I agree with this. Unless it doesnít cost us much (which isnít happening), why bother now? Might as well just roll with whatís here, and look elsewhere. Heís a nice player, and I wouldnít have minded us signing him at all, but Iím not giving up a ton to get him, and help restock GS

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,426
    I am not as sour on the current roster as so many other or what the media will pump into your brain. One of the biggest issues was missing KP at PF. His offense alone made us close to an above average team for that stretch of games 2 years ago.

    I think people underestimate how good Julius Randle is. As a starter he's essentially a 24-25ppg player even with doing a lot of that damage without AD. Having him as a foundation piece on offense is huge. A lot of our games were lost last year on the defensive side of the ball late in games. Adding the veterans that we did should net us a few of those wins.

    Plus our record last year was deceptive because we were actively loosing on purpose 2nd half of the year anyway. With our natural progression of individual player development, there's really no reason at all for this team to surprise and win 38-44 games. I do recognize A LOT has to go right at every position but I believe it can happen and will not be so pessimistic.

    Stop looking across the bridge at the other team's shiny new players. They probably won't make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round in anyway. Keeping it 100, they got two injury prone guys that are malcontents who are more likely to whither on the pressure of playing in NYC. All this talk about "culture"... guess what, the Knicks roster has an identity and culture. There's not a guy up and down the roster that you look at and question their work ethic & hardnosed demeanor.

    And it's highly UNLIKELY that DSJr/Frank continue to struggle. You've clearly seen both of them working hard this summer to improve.

    Bookmark this and when we win 41... remember I said it first.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,715
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I am not as sour on the current roster as so many other or what the media will pump into your brain. One of the biggest issues was missing KP at PF. His offense alone made us close to an above average team for that stretch of games 2 years ago.

    I think people underestimate how good Julius Randle is. As a starter he's essentially a 24-25ppg player even with doing a lot of that damage without AD. Having him as a foundation piece on offense is huge. A lot of our games were lost last year on the defensive side of the ball late in games. Adding the veterans that we did should net us a few of those wins.

    Plus our record last year was deceptive because we were actively loosing on purpose 2nd half of the year anyway. With our natural progression of individual player development, there's really no reason at all for this team to surprise and win 38-44 games. I do recognize A LOT has to go right at every position but I believe it can happen and will not be so pessimistic.

    Stop looking across the bridge at the other team's shiny new players. They probably won't make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round in anyway. Keeping it 100, they got two injury prone guys that are malcontents who are more likely to whither on the pressure of playing in NYC. All this talk about "culture"... guess what, the Knicks roster has an identity and culture. There's not a guy up and down the roster that you look at and question their work ethic & hardnosed demeanor.

    And it's highly UNLIKELY that DSJr/Frank continue to struggle. You've clearly seen both of them working hard this summer to improve.

    Bookmark this and when we win 41... remember I said it first.
    Hmm culture change that's why no allstar wanted to sign here with 70mil cash on table if FO had as much faith in culture change they wouldn't have blown 70mil in 1hr lol

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I'm always an optimistic fan -- I know a lot of people seem to relish trashing our current Knicks roster and front office and that is their right I suppose especially considering the past 2 decades of the franchise. However where I come from you are for your team hell or high water and when the chips are down you say wait till next year. A generational thing maybe or just has to do with individual temperament -- whatever. Anyway, I'd like to think we are a good bet to make the playoffs based on a clear talent upgrade -- going to a second round would constitute a great year for me. Moreover I'd like to see the added veterans blend well with the younguns. I'm particularly hopeful for RJ, Mitch, and Randle. And I'd also love to see Frank shut the naysayers up. Because I'm a Knick fan.

    You never know, we've had our hopes up in recent years around KP and so forth only to stink up the joint. But I am confident the hatelash around the Knicks offseason (they were even trashed for not getting the first pick in the lottery like that was some moral defect) will be shown for what it is.
    Good bet to make the playoffs - Oh Blue. Say you hope instead, and I'm right there with you. But in world are we a good bet to make the playoffs The O/Us range from 24 to 28 - Us not making the playoffs on the other hand would be an excellent bet

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Hmm culture change that's why no allstar wanted to sign here with 70mil cash on table if FO had as much faith in culture change they wouldn't have blown 70mil in 1hr lol

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    you mean 2 all stars, no one else is a mystery.

    Can't believe Kawhi turned us down. That was a real shock. Gotta be Dolan. Or how about Kemba? Can't believe we didn't land him. What does Boston have??

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    you mean 2 all stars, no one else is a mystery.

    Can't believe Kawhi turned us down. That was a real shock. Gotta be Dolan. Or how about Kemba? Can't believe we didn't land him. What does Boston have??
    Yea sad even Butler Harris Vucevic DLO didn't want to be here at least Randle took a pity right without him it would have been guranteed top 5 pick.

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,411
    In fairness, I think the majority of all star level guys want a team thatís at least pretty good.

    All the guys went to either decent rosters, or teamed up. Butler went to the worst team, but that team has south beach, weather, and friendly state tax..

    If we didnít totally suck, Iíd bet we could have gotten someone solo at least

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,715
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    In fairness, I think the majority of all star level guys want a team thatís at least pretty good.

    All the guys went to either decent rosters, or teamed up. Butler went to the worst team, but that team has south beach, weather, and friendly state tax..

    If we didnít totally suck, Iíd bet we could have gotten someone solo at least
    So why didn't our FO realize this instead of using KP as capspace dumpster? Why are this guys still here and not fired after taking such a big gamble and failing misreably? Outside of MSG everyone ****ing knew no star player is coming to save this dumpster that Steve Perry have been building last two years lol.

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    So why didn't our FO realize this instead of using KP as capspace dumpster? Why are this guys still here and not fired after taking such a big gamble and failing misreably? Outside of MSG everyone ****ing knew no star player is coming to save this dumpster that Steve Perry have been building last two years lol.

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

    Thatís obvious isnít it? Iím pretty sure you know why

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •