Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I don't know if I saw Knicks players working this hard in the off season in years past! Just seems to me almost every player on the team this year has something to prove or has a chip on their shoulder.

Most of the roster hasn't yet lived up to the hype or draft pick position... DSJ, RJ, Randle, Knox, Frank.

Some of them have been passed around the league although they are still young and have put up good numbers but now they are looking for a home... Marcus Morris, Payton, Portis.

Some were 2nd round picks who should have definitely been higher and looking for larger roles... Mitch, Trier, Dotson, Iggy.

Some are still trying to prove that they can still help a NBA team... Gibson, Ellington, Bullock
    It's all that smack the media was talking about. Straight up disrespect to these young ballers. Theyre working hard to prove everyone wrong.

Not sure why Ellington is left off almost everyone's projected lineups, just crazy, this guy is constant movement without the ball and a very good shooter, we have not seen this in quite some time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWY3WIt6H7M

and Bullock is no slouch either: he had the same surgery Peyton Manning had is 100% recoverable...so hope he is back in January, nice player-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAVUisnjvw

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Not sure why Ellington is left off almost everyone's projected lineups, just crazy, this guy is constant movement without the ball and a very good shooter, we have not seen this in quite some time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWY3WIt6H7M
    I like Ellington. Good pick up in the fantasy leagues when you need more 3's. This is a 3 pt league and picking him and Morris up gave me a little more faith in our GM

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    I like Ellington. Good pick up in the fantasy leagues when you need more 3's. This is a 3 pt league and picking him and Morris up gave me a little more faith in our GM
    I'm in the minority around here but I'm excited about our roster and can't wait to see how Fiz plays them.

Nice players with team contracts, yea not sure what any complaint can be, can't force a Kyrie, KD, and Kawhi to come lol

https://dailyknicks.com/2019/08/22/n...on-case-start/

They desperately needed more spacers and threats from the perimeter, which is the only way that the younger player can develop their games more as they grow and mature. Plus, the bonus with Ellington is that he rarely needs the ball, he knows his role.

The veteran guard will come off screens and be ready to catch and shoot the ball. He also will provide the space for guys like Smith and Barrett by hovering around the three-point line, giving these players space to drive the lanes. Pick and roll action will be more effective with him on the weak side, spotting up at the three-point line, teams will be hesitant to help. That hesitation is all that is needed for guys like Smith to explode to the cup.

Ellington may be 31 years old, but he provides a needed veteran leadership on the court. He has been an impactful player the last few years, including helping Miami Heat make the playoffs and just last year was part of the Detroit Pistons team that was able to get back to the playoffs after a three-year hiatus. The Pistons were five points better a game on offense with him on the court than without him.

Starting Ellington would require either Knox or Barrett to come off the bench. Fans may not like that but it would be the smart basketball move to make. The NBA today is all about the three-ball, its the most effective way of scoring. The Knicks, on the other hand, are lacking in that department, with very few players who excel at that skill.

This makes Ellington that much more valuable to the team and makes him a strong candidate to be a starter. The best part is Ellington has never been a guy who needs to play heavy minutes, which will not hurt the development of the younger guys but could provide the needed ingredient for them to flourish.

I like Ellington, but he'll be 32 at the start of this season, there's no end game with him. He's too similar to Dotson, it's just another duplication. I would rather give the minutes to Dot... he was solid enough to have earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I like Ellington, but he'll be 32 at the start of this season, there's no end game with him. He's too similar to Dotson, it's just another duplication. I would rather give the minutes to Dot... he was solid enough to have earned them.
    Yeha but we need guys on the court that actually know what their doing to help our young guys out.

All the talent in the world doesn't matter if no one knows how to play NBA basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Yeha but we need guys on the court that actually know what their doing to help our young guys out.

All the talent in the world doesn't matter if no one knows how to play NBA basketball.
    That to me is just a lack of solid coaching

Yeea there's no way in heck Ellington should be getting more mins then Dotson

Ellington is back in New York after signing a two-year deal last month with the first season fully guaranteed. Along with providing a veteran presence, Ellington will bring a much-needed 3-point threat to the Knicks, who were among the leagueís worst teams from behind the arc last season.

ďIím here first and foremost to help lead a very young team,Ē Ellington said. ďThatís one of the things (Knicks coach David Fizdale) and I spoke about, helping to lead. And of course, Iím here be a player, whether itís starting or coming off the bench, whatever Fiz needed me to do, Iím going to be ready and prepared for it. Thatís really not my main focus, whether Iím a starter or not, but Iím definitely coming in here to compete.Ē

And that's why I liked the Taj & Bullock signings... but Dotson isn't a guy out there making dumb plays, he's a solid young pro. and Ellington is just a 32 year old Dotson making 5 times as much money, granted we ended up having way more cap than we knew what to do with so the $ doesn't really matter... but I'm not a big fan of that signing. Or the Payton one.

Yeah exactly - God forbid we actually throw some NBA players out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    And that's why I liked the Taj & Bullock signings... but Dotson isn't a guy out there making dumb plays, he's a solid young pro. and Ellington is just a 32 year old Dotson making 5 times as much money, granted we ended up having way more cap than we knew what to do with so the $ doesn't really matter... but I'm not a big fan of that signing. Or the Payton one.
    I disagree. Ellington is a much better shooter, more consistent, and can shoot better off movement. He's not Redick, but his style of play, mainly his catch and shoot ability and how he can shoot off movement more resembles him. Dotson is not that.

I like Dotson, but I don't view him as a long term priority. Because of that, I'll just take the better shooter. Also, there's nothing wrong with competition. If Dotson beats him out, even better.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I disagree. Ellington is a much better shooter, more consistent, and can shoot better off movement. He's not Redick, but his style of play, mainly his catch and shoot ability and how he can shoot off movement more resembles him. Dotson is not that.
    he's slightly better but he also had the benefit of playing on better teams. He's not better enough to justify taking min away from Dot, which is what could happen. Dot is younger, has better size and is on a better career path in terms of growth... Wayne hasn't really been decent until the past few years.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast