Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Iím really excited for this weekend of baseball. We hold our fate in our hands. KB even said that this 9 game stretch can define our season. We have to take care of Mil. Atleast 2 out of 3. We are catching a break with Stl playing Houston this weekend as well. Tonightís game will be pretty even in terms of pitching matchups, but Sat and Sun the cardinals face Cole and Miley. Miley has been great this year. Hopefully Houston takes care of business this weekend. Itís very important that we take care of the Brewers because Houston could help put the Cardinals behind us by 2 or 3 games. Then with us going to Stl if we can pull 2 of 3 from them we could really put the cardinals in a hole that they might not can dig themselves out of.

I think everyone knew Goldy was going to break out at some point and I expect him to carry the Cardinals for a good month. Itís what he does. He does it every single year. I donít expect the whole team to keep playing at the level they are however. They are getting a lot of production from guys they probably didnít expect to.

So letís just control what we can and letís all be Astro fans this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like BS to me..
    Giving this excuse

To trade him
    Or
    Their letting fans know he'll be sticking around

Happ coming up now is either part of their plan to boost the offense
    Or
    Give him a couple days with the guys to say goodbye before he traded

I still feel we're all going to be disappointed in their deadline moves..
    Feel we'll see a trade to bring in a LHer like how they got Montgomery.
    And
    Maybe a minor deal for a guy who can run that theyll keep in Iowa til late August

I just dont see them unloading their top prospects to get anyone of significant now, and as they keep saying, they dont have any money left to add anyone of significant
    Last edited by chibears55; 07-26-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Iím really excited for this weekend of baseball. We hold our fate in our hands. KB even said that this 9 game stretch can define our season. We have to take care of Mil. Atleast 2 out of 3. We are catching a break with Stl playing Houston this weekend as well. Tonightís game will be pretty even in terms of pitching matchups, but Sat and Sun the cardinals face Cole and Miley. Miley has been great this year. Hopefully Houston takes care of business this weekend. Itís very important that we take care of the Brewers because Houston could help put the Cardinals behind us by 2 or 3 games. Then with us going to Stl if we can pull 2 of 3 from them we could really put the cardinals in a hole that they might not can dig themselves out of.

I think everyone knew Goldy was going to break out at some point and I expect him to carry the Cardinals for a good month. Itís what he does. He does it every single year. I donít expect the whole team to keep playing at the level they are however. They are getting a lot of production from guys they probably didnít expect to.

So letís just control what we can and letís all be Astro fans this weekend.

I agree. As good as the Cards have been letís hope the Astros can cool them off with at least 2/3 wins. Cubs have to do their part too, this series with the Brewers as banged up as they are pitching wise wonít be a walk in the park. They want to beat us just as bad. Just hope we put a lot of runs on the board and pitching keeps them in check. Would be nice to get some breathing room in the standings come Monday.

Collins being optioned for Happ, per Jesse Rogers on ESPN 1000

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Collins being optioned for Happ, per Jesse Rogers on ESPN 1000
    Thank goodness it's not KB related. I was pretty sure, but it's still a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Thank goodness it's not KB related. I was pretty sure, but it's still a relief.
    Agreed. KB is good to go, also per Rogers

Wrong thread
    Last edited by Salvaged Ship; 07-26-2019 at 02:57 PM.

He blows, why?

Well hes been very good against LHB this year so that helps

182/276/195

That's nasty. If he keeps that up, for just cash, that's a nice pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    He blows, why?
    To be used against LHH. Slash line of .182/.276/.195 for batters against Holland

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    To be used against LHH. Slash line of .182/.276/.195 for batters against Holland
    Wow, well his righty slash line must be a joke then. Ok, lets see if something off the scrap heap can help. Didn't the Giants DFA him a few days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Wow, well his righty slash line must be a joke then. Ok, lets see if something off the scrap heap can help. Didn't the Giants DFA him a few days ago?
    Yeah righties murder him but hopefully he wonít be facing them here.

Good get.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051