Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    The Serbia game was an example of why I donít think Greece has what it takes to win. The Serbs packed the paint and made it very hard for Greece and Giannis to get to the paint. Also, their lack of shooting showed as they missed numerous open shots. That being said, Papanikolaou and Papapetrou didnít dress so that might be slightly attributed to that in regards to their ability to shoot.

Thanasis and Bourousis has good games for Greece. I donít understand any sort of value that Printezis brings outside of being a wanna be Shawn Marion with the shots he takes (and misses). Overall, fun game to attend. OAKA gets pretty loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    The Serbia game was an example of why I donít think Greece has what it takes to win. The Serbs packed the paint and made it very hard for Greece and Giannis to get to the paint. Also, their lack of shooting showed as they missed numerous open shots. That being said, Papanikolaou and Papapetrou didnít dress so that might be slightly attributed to that in regards to their ability to shoot.

Thanasis and Bourousis has good games for Greece. I donít understand any sort of value that Printezis brings outside of being a wanna be Shawn Marion with the shots he takes (and misses). Overall, fun game to attend. OAKA gets pretty loud.

As I've said earlier, in these games coaches try to hide as much as possible out of their final tactics they'll be executing on the floor during the FIBA world cup... Therefore they more looked to have their players to "get to know" their opponents and conclude how matches or mismatches can work to their benefit when the time for the crucial game comes up...

This is the usual case, especially if (national) teams that have the same tasks are having preparation games against opponents that are expected to be meeting each other at the later stages of the world cup...

It is therefore too early to come into conclusions at this stage, or judge players performance... IMO, we'll see a completely different game when the time comes and these teams meet again sometime at the late stages of the world cup... Coach Djorgevic clearly kept Jokic out, because other than Giannis the rest of the Greek players know little about him and then mostly out of video... Coach Skourtopoulos OTOH, kept Papanikolaou and Papapetrou out because he wanted to hide the tactics he'll be finally using as to guard the Serbian's ability to long shoot effectively, but also to hide the tactics he will use as to "free" Giannis from being double or triple guarded...

I expect the rematch between these two teams in the FIBA world cup to be a thrilling match and the result to highly influence the final ranking in the tournament... just my two cents.

Only 10 days remaining before the jump ball that will initiate the World cup. Team USA is in Australia where they'll have two games against the Boomers starting today and another against Canada before they take the plane to China. Greece is already in China in order to have the players adapting to the climate where they'll participate on another 8 team preparation tournament (the "Atlas" tournament - starting on the 23rd) against China, Senegal, Venezuela, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Jordan & Domenican Republic, in which the 1st round will be a knock out and then the final four will play against each other.

Every time Brook Lopez is on the floor, Aussies get comfortable and go on a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Every time Brook Lopez is on the floor, Aussies get comfortable and go on a run.
    Actually this 2nd Quarter run to close the half down by only 1pt, had nothing to do with Lopez being on the floor for team USA...

Never the less, Pop's ability to read the game well and make the adjustments needed in order to mismatch his opponent on the 3rd quarter, is what won the game for team USA... If a team wins the game in the 3rd quarter, it's always the coach that is the reason behind it.

I'm sure the minute allocation will change exhibition to exhibition but just to keep an eye on it. Smart with 0 minutes, White with 2, Lopez with 6 and Plumlee with 9. I'd have to say those guys are probably the most in danger of being cut.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'm sure the minute allocation will change exhibition to exhibition but just to keep an eye on it. Smart with 0 minutes, White with 2, Lopez with 6 and Plumlee with 9. I'd have to say those guys are probably the most in danger of being cut.
    He won't risk cutting a "big"... He only has three and needs them all in crucial games where there is gonna be much physical contact, CF is the most foul prone position and he also has to count for a possible injury... No PF able to play sbCF either within the roster...

Kemba was great in the second half. Turner was awesome today.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Kemba was great in the second half. Turner was awesome today.

Yeah, I think the starters are probably just about set. For sure Kemba and Mitchell in the backcourt. Turner at 5. I think Barnes probably at one of the 2 forward positions. I would say Tatum at the other but he came off the bench today, mayb Pop looking for scoring punch.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Actually this 2nd Quarter run to close the half down by only 1pt, had nothing to do with Lopez being on the floor for team USA...

Never the less, Pop's ability to read the game well and make the adjustments needed in order to mismatch his opponent on the 3rd quarter, is what won the game for team USA... If a team wins the game in the 3rd quarter, it's always the coach that is the reason behind it.
    Maybe wrong place, wrong time for Brook, but it seemed like when he was on the floor, the Aussies crept back in. I didn't look up the stats though. Was betting on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    He won't risk cutting a "big"... He only has three and needs them all in crucial games where there is gonna be much physical contact, CF is the most foul prone position and he also has to count for a possible injury... No PF able to play sbCF either within the roster...
    Yeah he'll need some bigs versus Serbia.

Serbia has 4 legit pure 5's in Jokic, Boban, Radulicjia and Milutinov. They've been experimenting a lot with 2 c's lineups in the exhibition games.

Greece and Spain have size too.

I think Australia doesn't have an offensive player that can take over. They have a bunch of complementary players only that squad. Maybe Mills might have to step up in that role. Ingles and Mills are better playing off a guy like that though.

damn just looking over the Serbian world cup roster. They have no one shorter then 6'6''. Those asian squads are probably begging not to see Serbia.

Maybe wrong place, wrong time for Brook, but it seemed like when he was on the floor, the Aussies crept back in. I didn't look up the stats though. Was betting on the game.
    I saw the game on screen... The Aussie's had that run in the end of 2nd quarter because they drained the 3s... that has nothing to do with Brolo! Also, team USA had some "foolish" drives by their wings and guards during the same period...

Yeah, he was tied for a team worst -12 alongside Middleton. +/- isn't everything but the score wasn't in USA's favor with Brook out there today.

Truth is that the lighting on the that court was very strange and many players were confused... It was like if it was a theater or something... Middleton was complaining later, because his peripheral vision couldn't work properly...

Everything around the court was in the dark and only the court was evenly lit and then with lower intensity lighting than usual... The players could see the crowed and could only hear the screaming but couldn't see it... Then the rim was popping out from the dark, the board looked dark and the players could even see the bench or their coach...

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast