Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    not that it'll ever be agreed upon but just get the defending champs to rep the usa, and sub the foreigners for us players. this year might not be a good example as toronto, but let's say gs won it last year and the olympics was last year.

replace zaza and boucher with deandre jordan and brook lopez and they will still win gold rather easily.
    I donít like it. It puts too much on players who already played more games than anyone and hurts their chances going back to back.

Iíd rather see it be a u23 team with 1-3 over age spots available.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I donít like it. It puts too much on players who already played more games than anyone and hurts their chances going back to back.

Iíd rather see it be a u23 team with 1-3 over age spots available.
    not that it'll ever be agreed upon but just get the defending champs to rep the usa, and sub the foreigners for us players. this year might not be a good example as toronto, but let's say gs won it last year and the olympics was last year.

replace zaza and boucher with deandre jordan and brook lopez and they will still win gold rather easily.
    Actually, I think that with Kerr as assistant coach and Popovic on the wheel, USA will be based on having lots of 3pt attempts... Given the roster, It looks to me that they'll play "Bucks style" (which isn't surprising given that Budenholzer was mentored by Popovic) with Middleton and Lopez at the starting roster and starting Kemba at PG (in what is Bledsoe's position in the Bucks) + a SG and a PF...

Clear problem is that ...Giannis will be on the other side, I therefore can see the USA-Bucks national team loosing this cup to the Greeks...

it now is 5 players the Bucks will have in the FIBA world cup... Other than Giannis & Thanasis Antetokounmpo for team Greece and Brook Lopez along with Middleton for team USA, Ilyasova will also be playing with the Turkish team...

Also... coach Popovic called Pat Connaughton to be among the players that will join the team USA training camp, in order to play for "team select" which will help the team USA to prepare.

I think Myles Turner will start for USa at the 5. His defense/rim protection will be key. Lopze has a shot but I think Turner starts.

Kemba-Mitchell-Middleton-Tatum-Turner

I think Myles Turner will start for USa at the 5. His defense/rim protection will be key. Lopze has a shot but I think Turner starts.

Kemba-Mitchell-Middleton-Tatum-Turner
    Perhaps the starting 5 may depend on who the opponent is... Team USA seems to be having trouble at the position... Drummond has also withdrawn from the National team yesterday...
    I believe that Pops will have to call another Center to add in the rotation and the choices are limited... Ending up to call Robin Lopez too next to his twin, now seems all the more possible...

After Drummond's departure, coach Popovic called Bam Adebayo and Jaren Jackson Jr. to the training camp of team USA...

Team USA about to send an All-Bench-NBA unit and still crush this tournament. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Team USA about to send an All-Bench-NBA unit and still crush this tournament. Love it.
    They will be playing against Greece early in the 2nd round and if the two teams end 1st and 2nd (which is by far the most probable scenario), they can't meet again until the finals... It means that they both will meet against almost all the rest of powers (Serbia, Spain, Russia, France, Australia, Lithuania) in knock out games before the finals and then have to battle again between them for the gold...

Giannis against Middleton and Lopez... Hmmm... interesting... I wouldn't be so sure that team USA wins this easy...

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Pop is the most valuable thing for the team. He knows the euro/fiba game well and has track record of making the most of his team regardless of talent in SA. I think he'll get his team to do its job/mission.

If it was coach K and a team of Lou Williams and Brook Lopez and co., I think some team like Serbia etc. will take them out.

Pop is the most valuable thing for the team. He knows the euro/fiba game well and has track record of making the most of his team regardless of talent in SA. I think he'll get his team to do its job/mission.

If it was coach K and a team of Lou Williams and Brook Lopez and co., I think some team like Serbia etc. will take them out.
    I fully agree on this... The better floor tactics always can beat a team with better roster on paper and in basketball, games are won by the defense. Team USA is very fortunate that will have coach Popovic on the wheel and even more so that Croatia won't be present, but also team Serbia doesn't have Obradovic on the wheel, but coach Djorjevic instead...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    They will be playing against Greece early in the 2nd round and if the two teams end 1st and 2nd (which is by far the most probable scenario), they can't meet again until the finals... It means that they both will meet against almost all the rest of powers (Serbia, Spain, Russia, France, Australia, Lithuania) in knock out games before the finals and then have to battle again between them for the gold...

Giannis against Middleton and Lopez... Hmmm... interesting... I wouldn't be so sure that team USA wins this easy...
    A lot more than Middleton and Lopez on the USA scrub team. It should be pretty easy for them. Granted, I won't be watching much of this **** tournament that nobody is going to.

Well, the 15 man training camp roster is official. For sure devoid of 1st tier stars, for the most part lacking 2nd tier star players too. I'd say some of these guys are easily that 3rd tier though.

Not sure which 3 players get cut, but I have a hunch.

Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat); Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown(Boston Celtics); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets), Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Thaddeus Young (Chicago Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Well, the 15 man training camp roster is official. For sure devoid of 1st tier stars, for the most part lacking 2nd tier star players too. I'd say some of these guys are easily that 3rd tier though.

Not sure which 3 players get cut, but I have a hunch.

Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat); Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown(Boston Celtics); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets), Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Thaddeus Young (Chicago Bulls.
    is Plumlee, Tucker & Young your hunch?

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    is Plumlee, Tucker & Young your hunch?
    Plumlee and Young are mine but I think Tucker makes it. Not sure who the 3rd is. Probably Bam. Lopez and Turner can hold down the center spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Plumlee and Young are mine but I think Tucker makes it. Not sure who the 3rd is. Probably Bam. Lopez and Turner can hold down the center spot.
    Given that is Pops who is the coach, he knows well the Eastern European game and the physicality that will be involved... Physicality means having players loaded with fouls... My opinion is that Pops doesn't go in there without a 3rd center...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast