Kyle Kuzma
    Brook Lopez
    Paul Millsap
    Jayson Tatum
    P.J. Tucker
    Donovan Mitchell
    Marcus Smart
    Thaddeus Young

I'm not overly impressed by the talent pool, especially since Love and Dame$ are unsure if they'll play and Lowry had thumb surgery 4 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Harrison Barnes
    Andre Drummond
    Kemba Walker
    Damian Lillard
    Kevin Love
    Kyle Lowry
    Khris Middleton
    Myles Turner
    Kyle Kuzma
    Brook Lopez
    Paul Millsap
    Jayson Tatum
    P.J. Tucker
    Donovan Mitchell
    Marcus Smart
    Thaddeus Young

I'm not overly impressed by the talent pool, especially since Love and Dame$ are unsure if they'll play and Lowry had thumb surgery 4 days ago.
    Still 16 players... it's only 12 Pops can take with him in China. He has to cut 4...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Still 16 players... it's only 12 Pops can take with him in China. He has to cut 4...
    Obviously, why I said pool and not team.

They can add additional players to the pool to pick from. I just don't think it's very impressive.

Obviously, why I said pool and not team.

They can add additional players to the pool to pick from. I just don't think it's very impressive.
    They had all Harden, AD, McCollum and many more withdrawing... It's pretty embarrassing having players (multi-millioners) in the NBA that show no respect to their national team... It's the ultimate honor to be selected as to represent your country... How the **** can they deny?

They had all Harden, AD, McCollum and many more withdrawing... It's pretty embarrassing having players (multi-millioners) in the NBA that show no respect to their national team... It's the ultimate honor to be selected as to represent your country... How the **** can they deny?
    Just a different generation man. Plus a lot of these top guys have won Olympic medals or world cup medals already, for the most part.

I can bet you anything that if coach Obradovic (by far the best active coach on this planet) ever leaves Fener and takes the ...Cavs (yes todays Cavs!) in the NBA, Then Cavs would be champions next season!

Honest! I can bet you anything on this!
    Do you get off on nonsense or just like to be a fool. Iím sure heís a good coach but donít be ridiculous.

Those guys will be there for the Olympics to get a medal. They don't care about the off-year tourneys.

The best part of the tournament will be to see the *** whooping Giannis will do to these teams, even though they might not win it.

Harrison Barnes
    Andre Drummond
    Kemba Walker
    Damian Lillard
    Kevin Love
    Kyle Lowry
    Khris Middleton
    Myles Turner
    Kyle Kuzma
    Brook Lopez
    Paul Millsap
    Jayson Tatum
    P.J. Tucker
    Donovan Mitchell
    Marcus Smart
    Thaddeus Young

Either way that USA team could still win the FIBA World Championship

Actually Popovic was mentored by the world's best coaches (Ivkovic and Obradovic) when he was an officer of the USA foreign office addressed in Eastern Europe... He had no basketball coaching before, but because his parents were of Yugoslavian origin, he visited his relatives in what was still a united country in Yugoslavia...

Because he was fond of basketball, he watched some games there and met Ivkovic who in return introduced him to (younger in age) Obradovic... He became friends with them and then retired his job for the foreign office and returned to the USA, to become the "reference standard" for coaching basketball in the NBA...

LOL... One is legitimate to claim that the Yugoslavians have taught Americans basketball tactics... But it's true!
    Popovic is literally responsible for bringing USA basketball back to the map...

The USA team had a disaster decade which started in the world cup of 1996 (tournament was hosted in Atlanta) and lasted for a whole decade... During that decade the USA team never show a world or an Olympics title after having suffered losses to Serbia, Argentina, Spain, Greece and more...

Popovic, after have been mentored by the world's best coaches (Ivkovic and Obradovic) realized that the problem with USA basketball on both the NBA teams and the National team, was that the players were playing with no tactics behind them... Literally it was "all anarchy basketball" where teams in the USA were playing like if there is a different ball for each of their players, while the teams that were beating them, were playing with only one ball and the players were coached in exact roles that they fully have understand and were able to execute on the floor...

Popovic convinced the Spurs ownership to trust him on the days, he supervised and implemented "tactics basketball" with the Spurs and the following success his team had, proved that it was coaching and culture that had to be altered in USA basketball...

These videos must be seen by anyone that wants to extend his knowledge in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY12cFjrHjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLOHtKDeiQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4Ld2k-L5Q

Popovic is literally responsible for bringing USA basketball back to the map...

The USA team had a disaster decade which started in the world cup of 1996 (tournament was hosted in Atlanta) and lasted for a whole decade... During that decade the USA team never show a world or an Olympics title after having suffered losses to Serbia, Argentina, Spain, Greece and more...

Popovic, after have been mentored by the world's best coaches (Ivkovic and Obradovic) realized that the problem with USA basketball on both the NBA teams and the National team, was that the players were playing with no tactics behind them... Literally it was "all anarchy basketball" where teams in the USA were playing like if there is a different ball for each of their players, while the teams that were beating them, were playing with only one ball and the players were coached in exact roles that they fully have understand and were able to execute on the floor...

Popovic convinced the Spurs ownership to trust him on the days, he supervised and implemented "tactics basketball" with the Spurs and the following success his team had, proved that it was coaching and culture that had to be altered in USA basketball...

These videos must be seen by anyone that wants to extend his knowledge in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY12cFjrHjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLOHtKDeiQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4Ld2k-L5Q
    Yeah I think Pop will be better vs. Coach K. K just let the athletes do what they want on offense. It's basically why they didn't dominate in the group stages last Olympics and only blew out China and Venezuela. Defense clamped down in the elimination rounds though. Pop will make the ball work and play to the strength of his collective.

That's easy to say in a vacuum, but when you have Olympics, FIBA Championship, World Cup, and all the other international tournaments you're basically saying they're unpatriotic for not spending every single off-season playing for the US.

It's not like in the NBA... NBA relies on players and contracts... In basketball, coaching tactics and rotation in order to mismatch in offense (or match at defense) is everything...

I can bet you anything that if coach Obradovic (by far the best active coach on this planet) ever leaves Fener and takes the ...Cavs (yes todays Cavs!) in the NBA, Then Cavs would be champions next season!

Honest! I can bet you anything on this!
    Obradovic has clout in Europe to coach and yell at his players the way he does. Pop can do it, because he has clout in the nba. I don't think these spoiled and entitled players will take the tough love from him. See Blatt, who is completely opposite in Europe as to how he has to interact on the sideline in the nba.

He is a top ball coach, but no one is winning a title with that Cavs team.

So, I saw some interesting suggestions to 'how to fix team USA' that included playing retired players, making the U19 team the national team, and going to GLeague players. I got my own ideas:

- Team USA and the NBA and NBPA need to work together. I think the NBA needs to reduce their schedule to about 62 games, end the playoffs about a month sooner. Now guys won't be able to use fatigue as an excuse to sit out.

- Must play in 5 friendlies or 2 camps; as well as the FIBA tournament or the AmeriCup to be considered for the Olympics team. So if a player like AD wanted to play in the Olympics, he needs to participate in that stuff.

- If you fail to do any of that you are no longer part of Team USA and are taken out of consideration for future Team USA roster construction.

- Start a Team USA training program that starts with a pool of 1 team per state starting at the U10 age. As they keep aging, they stay in the program with it thinning out yearly, so by the time they hit the NBA and Olympics, they have been around the program so long that they take pride in playing in all events.

- In FIBA and Olympic years, delay the start of training camps, preseason, and the regular season by 2 weeks. Combined with a shorter season, again this eliminates the 'too tired' reasoning to it.

- Again with the NBA, work on a 'Team USA injury protection' program for the teams. I'm sure some of the saying no to doing Team USA is pressure from the teams to not see their players get injured.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast