Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    These dudes are building a house with all these bricks too. I wouldn't consider a lot of these dudes elite shooters. I know Harris tore it up last season.
    Both Harris & Middleton are clutch shooters...

"NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo is averaging 11.5 ppg thus far in the tournament, tied for 76th, and his team is 1-1. (fiba.basketball)

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    "NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo is averaging 11.5 ppg thus far in the tournament, tied for 76th, and his team is 1-1. (fiba.basketball)

Yikes
    The game is different when you don't get superstar calls, the other team is able to camp in the paint, and you're unable to expand your game from 3.

I knew going in that Giannis would struggle.
    Last edited by zn23; 09-03-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Tatum out for at least the next 2 games.

LMAO @ China. The draw was rigged for them to have the softest group and they still couldn't advance @ home. They even arguably had the softest crossover 2nd round had they made it lol.

LMAO @ Canada. All the other teams from FIBA Americas made it, but they are left out. Props to teams like Venezuela, PR & DR. They made it through and arguably none were expected to.

Spain needs to stop sleep walking. Yeah they are 3-0 but, Iran had the lead halfway through the 4th quarter for crying out loud. They had to turn it on late vs. PR too. Tunisia wiped them in the 1st Q, but they ended up obliterating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    LMAO @ China. The draw was rigged for them to have the softest group and they still couldn't advance @ home. They even arguably had the softest crossover 2nd round had they made it lol.

LMAO @ Canada. All the other teams from FIBA Americas made it, but they are left out. Props to teams like Venezuela, PR & DR. They made it through and arguably none were expected to.

Spain needs to stop sleep walking. Yeah they are 3-0 but, Iran had the lead halfway through the 4th quarter for crying out loud. They had to turn it on late vs. PR too. Tunisia wiped them in the 1st Q, but they ended up obliterating them.
    Quite correct... they've changed the promoting system so that the home team gets help and promotes and this leads good teams that are not doubted to belong in the "better 16" (Canada, Russia) out...

By the way... remember the "basketball interference" I discussed earlier as one of the rules that should be "like in the NBA"? Sloukas didn't miss that last shot against Brasil... he shot it "professionally" so that it surely drops... but Cabolco punched the ball off the rim in what would have been "basketball interference" in the NBA! ...the ball was sure to drop, look at it on the reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post

They had a tough group...

Australia beat team USA and Lithuania has always been very good.

Canada has a thin roster in general and when Murray, Gilgeous-Alexander and Kelly Olynyk don't play, it makes it even harder to win.

Corey Joseph is the only player that plays in the NBA and he's a backup at best.

I don't have high expectations for them.

USA makes easy work of Japan. But another Celtic, in Marcus Smart is set to miss time.

The next group stage is set. USA will be in a group with Brazil, Czech Republic and Greece.

A lot of people were over-rating Turkey and their coach after they almost beat the USA. They weren't that impressive in Exhibition play. Going back to Euro '17 in which they were the home team, they finished 4th in their group and got bounced in the QFs. The offense was struggling in '17, made a little bit of stride this year by adding Wilbeken, but still a weak spot. Just goes to show how bad USA defense was up to then. Even the Czechs, who beat the Turks, ran their offense decently vs. the USA.

Props to NZ, even if they didn't make the 2nd round, those guys are a poor mans Aussie team. I like the way they play with pace and how they can get buckets. Giannis would be a nice fit on that team tbh,

USA got some needed practice getting their defense right today. The blow out helps with point differential in case they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    They had a tough group...

Australia beat team USA and Lithuania has always been very good.

Canada has a thin roster in general and when Murray, Gilgeous-Alexander and Kelly Olynyk don't play, it makes it even harder to win.

Corey Joseph is the only player that plays in the NBA and he's a backup at best.

I don't have high expectations for them.
    I didn't expect much from Canada either.

Still, hopefully this sends them a message and wake up call that ll the other qualifiers from their regions had more success then them in this tourney.

We don't need 12 nba players, just need a handfull of impact guys. I think we have good role players and backups from Europe who can fill out the Roster.

I'd be happy with:

Joseph-Murray-Barrett-Olynyk-Birch Pangos-Ejim-Wiltjer-Powell-Scrubb Bros-Heslip-O. Brissett

I think that team can still challenge for a Medal if Nick Nurse is coaching.

Wow, Greece vs USA on Saturday, we'll see how that goes.

Wow, Greece vs USA on Saturday, we'll see how that goes.
    USA should win pretty convincingly imo. Greece isn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    USA should win pretty convincingly imo. Greece isn't that good.
    Yeah, I've not been impressed by Greece either. Just don't want the Giannis effect to get in their head.

Yeah, I've not been impressed by Greece either. Just don't want the Giannis effect to get in their head.
    Even if Giannisís has a good game, Greece doesnít have anyone that can guard Kemba or Mitchell. Those two should have big games imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like some psd posters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast