Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Who would have thought the Kemba Walker would be the best/most important player on this USA team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think with the current construction of the roster, it's not that far fetched. He's by far the most established player of the 12, on an individual basis.

But before everyone dropped off, I could see where you were coming from.

Shwoo, USA has a tough draw in elimination play.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...world-cup-2019

They have France, then if they advance, they have the winner of Serbia and Argentina. If they make it past all that, it's the gold medal game (which I assume Spain will cake walk to).

Greece is not good enough, Giannis or not. This is a team sport and Greece has a badly constructed team with no perimeter threat.

Argentina vs Serbia and USA vs France should be good games. Australia vs Czech should be competitive but not good enough, their winner will not win another game (be it semi or 3rd place game).

Probability of yet another USA vs Spain final is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Greece is not good enough, Giannis or not. This is a team sport and Greece has a badly constructed team with no perimeter threat.

Argentina vs Serbia and USA vs France should be good games. Australia vs Czech should be competitive but not good enough, their winner will not win another game (be it semi or 3rd place game).

Probability of yet another USA vs Spain final is very high.
    Yeah, listening to their head coach talk, was very troubling. That's their number one issue, thinking other guys need to play their games just as much as Giannis should play his, pretty absurd. You know what ya have in freak, just build around that.

But it's funny Greece finished 11th. I was confident they wouldn't medal but I didn't envision that low of a finish.

Idk if I should be scared or impressed that Argentina beat Serbia.

Bjelicia didn't have the greatest game and Djordevic played him too much. Him and the Other bigs were exposed defensively. Argentina were running circles around the serbia d aside from the 3rd q.

Kalinic would have been nice as a small ball 4 next to Jokic if Bjelly wasn't having his day. I wonder why he isn't on the squad?

Serbia got out-coached and outplayed and Argentina was more clutch.

Man, Kemba really picked a bad day to have his worst game of the tournament.

Mitchell and Brown were USA’s best today imo.

The decision to bring that current crop of bugs to the tournament should be rightly questioned. Gobert gave them massive fits today and they didn’t have anyone to really help cope.

wow kemba threw this game.

No medal for USA. Mitchell tore up the 3rd and Kemba hogged the ball and chucked up bricks in the 4th.

Good luck Celtics fans, because Kemba's 4th quarter "heroics" when your teammate is on fire, is very reminiscent of how Kyrie plays.

the three of the most hyped teams (usa, serbia, greece) heading into the tournament, and none of them medalled lmao.

france was more clutch today.

shoulda went with bam abedayo when they had the chance. even euroleague rim protectors might have helped some if used properly.

joe harris and his dumb fouls 200 feet away from the basket when they in the penalty.

kemba was horrid late.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No medal for USA. Mitchell tore up the 3rd and Kemba hogged the ball and chucked up bricks in the 4th.

Good luck Celtics fans, because Kemba's 4th quarter "heroics" when your teammate is on fire, is very reminiscent of how Kyrie plays.
    Kemba had a bad game. But he was also the USA best/most consistent player the entire tournament. Not really fair to him. Just bad timing having a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Kemba had a bad game. But he was also the USA best/most consistent player the entire tournament. Not really fair to him. Just bad timing having a bad game.

Having a bad game is one thing, when your teammate scores like what was it 13, 15 or 18 points in a quarter to bring the team back, you have to get rid of your ego and feed him.

It woulda made more sense to feed Mitchell even if he went cold than to sit there and have Kemba force the offense through himself, who had played bad all day.

It's just awareness of the situation. But he wanted to be hero, so USA went as he went, which was a 10 point loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Having a bad game is one thing, when your teammate scores like what was it 13, 15 or 18 points in a quarter to bring the team back, you have to get rid of your ego and feed him.

It woulda made more sense to feed Mitchell even if he went cold than to sit there and have Kemba force the offense through himself, who had played bad all day.

It's just awareness of the situation. But he wanted to be hero, so USA went as he went, which was a 10 point loss.
    I mean, that’s a coaching thing too. But I agree. Was perplexing why Mitchell didn’t get more of the ball in the fourth.

Pop is overrated as a head coach..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Pop is overrated as a head coach..
    I think the Celtics “young core” is super overrated...

They wouldn’t trade these guys for AD, Kawhi, etc etc? Yikes.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast