Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Ariza. I think it applies to a lot of players in the 3 and D mold, especially the ones that didn't start off as good shooters.

If you want a PG example...Jason Kidd. I would also think that Lonzo is heading in this direction as well.

With that said, DSJ should have a pull up game. It's really important for him and most PGs.
    3 ball only would work for DSJ

But if his pull up J gets even reasonably effective, with his speed/athletics, he would be tough. That shot would be there all day

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    They have a shot doctor
    They have a player that is struggling with shooting
    The shot doctor is willing to travel to train Knicks players

All facts, right? So you add all those things up and what do you get. Cause for you the answer is Nah no way they should have the man they trust to fix peoples shooting go help a controllable asset, even if just for trade bait, who shows a penchant for defense.

That's all I am saying. But because it happens to be about a guy we have discussed ad nauseam you have to act like it is about that instead of the above points.
    That's not my answer my answer is I'm sure that the Knicks try and provide all there players with resources to work on there game. DSJ has an article about him and what they are doing with him b/c more people have hopes of him becoming a good player. Frank isn't treated like day laborer. I am sure resources are provided for him as well. This forum has gotten crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ok we're talking two different things here... pull up 2's are completely different from simply improving your mid range shot.

Besides, Harris is a guy that shoots so few pull up 2's and so few mid range shots that it's really a tiny overall sample size in which a few makes or misses can drastically change his %. He's the new prototypical at the rim or 3's player. but he's 40% for his career on mid range which is solid so I'm not sure that proves anything.

DSJR needs to improve his jumper overall.. really his shot overall before we can even start hoping he's going to be a good 3pt shooter. that's just my opinion.
    That's kind of my point. The only mid range shot you can attempt consistently is off the dribble. It's a harder shot in a lot of ways than an open rhythm 3. What's the point in putting the work in on an open mid range shot you'll never be able to attempt in volume?

It's not crazy for DSJ to start hitting open 3s before he starts hitting mid range Js off the dribble. But I agree with Smood it would be a very good thing if he can find a way to hit dribble pull ups consistently. And obviously FT's because he can be good at getting to the line.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 07-23-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That's not my answer my answer is I'm sure that the Knicks try and provide all there players with resources to work on there game. DSJ has an article about him and what they are doing with him b/c more people have hopes of him becoming a good player. Frank isn't treated like day laborer. I am sure resources are provided for him as well. This forum has gotten crazy.
    Insane

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that's a good one... i'll give u that. but like Novak I think its a case of those guys almost never shooting mid range. Bowen had some big fluctuations in mid range %... from 42% to 26% another year, which can maybe be attributed to just small sample size where a few hits or misses really alters your overall %. the majority of his FGA were 3's.
    Sure but from what i remember he was also atrocious from the stripe like career 50%s -

Here's the thing, the Knicks don't develop. They just draft, then trade, followed by signing veteran FAs.

Anyone read the story on 2003 #9 overall pick Mike Sweetney? It was really sad. The Knicks didn't give a damn that this kid was suffering from depression. They didn't protect their guy from the media. They didn't even take seriously that he was was sick. He came in overweight and they said, "Nope. Time to move this 21 year old..." Dump. Move on.

After a pair of second round Euro picks that went nowhere in 2003...

2004 pick #44 overall Trevor Ariza showed defensive tenacity but his offensive numbers regressed in his second season. Knicks traded him at age 20...

2005 9th overall pick Channing Frye or Porzingis 1.0 except the Knicks expected him to bang inside. *record scratch* They tried to turn a 7 foot pencil into Charles Barkley. Guess what? Terrible idea. After his second season, the Knicks traded him away. #30th overall pick David "White shuffle" Lee was the ONLY Knick to make the All-Star game since Patrick Ewing...and only followed byPorzingis.

2006 #20 overall pick Renaldo Balkman, da sleeper. Defensive stopper right? GONE after 2 seasons. #29th overall pick Mardy Collins was the "point guard project" then gone after 2 seasons.

2007 #23 overall pick Wilson Chandler or Kevin Knox 1.0 played 2 full seasons then traded in the Melo deal.

2008 #6 pick Dalino Gallinari who was really a unicorn at shooting guard later but Knicks didn't discover that because they traded him for Melo at age 22.

2009 #8 overall pick Jordan Hill was traded just 24 games into his rookie season...

2010 no first rounder but second rounder "Laundry" Fields was a sleeper right? His offensive game regressed, he was gone after 2 seasons.

2011 #17 pick Iman Shumpert or Frank Ntilikina 2.0. Defensive stopper right? After his second season, his offensive numbers regressed and he's GONE.

2012 No first rounder. Second round Euro tanked.

2013 pick #24th overall Tim Hardaway Jr. was gone after 2 seasons. Then came back, gone AGAIN after midway his second season back with the Knicks under a generous contract.

2014 No first rounder.

2015 Kristaps "Kaiser" Porzingis improved each season despite losing Carmelo Anthony and teams starting to target his body (see Yao Ming). During his 3rd season he's averaging 18.1 ppg after 48 games, he blows out his knee when he lands awkwardly. Knick fans turn on him and call him injury prone. Meanwhile Joel Embiid lost 2 whole seasons to injury and on a game count in Philly. Porzingis misses his 4th season and traded midseason after a dispute with the Front Office. Porzingis and David Lee are the ONLY 2 Knicks to earn an All-Star game spot after Patrick Ewing. Neither stayed a Knick.

2016 Frank Ntilikina...last seen in Stephen King's It Chapter 2.

There you have it. The Knicks Front Office consistently gets rid of drafted players after 2 seasons. A few lasted longer than 2 but not many. They don't develop. This is not the Spurs who work on players' game and mold them into a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Here's the thing, the Knicks don't develop. They just draft, then trade, followed by signing veteran FAs.

Anyone read the story on 2003 #9 overall pick Mike Sweetney? It was really sad. The Knicks didn't give a damn that this kid was suffering from depression. They didn't protect their guy from the media. They didn't even take seriously that he was was sick. He came in overweight and they said, "Nope. Time to move this 21 year old..." Dump. Move on.

2004 pick #44 overall Trevor Ariza showed defensive tenacity but his offensive numbers regressed in his second season. Knicks traded him at age 20...

2005 9th overall pick Channing Frye or Porzingis 1.0 except the Knicks expected him to bang inside. *record scratch* They tried to turn a 7 foot pencil into Charles Barkley. Guess what? Terrible idea. After his second season, the Knicks traded him away. #30th overall pick David "White shuffle" Lee was the ONLY Knick to make the All-Star game since Patrick Ewing...and only followed byPorzingis.

2006 #20 overall pick Renaldo Balkman, da sleeper. Defensive stopper right? GONE after 2 seasons. #29th overall pick Mardy Collins was the "point guard project" then gone after 2 seasons.

2007 #23 overall pick Wilson Chandler or Kevin Knox 1.0 played 2 full seasons then traded in the Melo deal.

2008 #6 pick Dalino Gallinari who was really a unicorn at shooting guard later but Knicks didn't discover that because they traded him for Melo at age 22.

2009 #8 overall pick Jordan Hill was traded just 24 games into his rookie season...

2010 no first rounder but second rounder "Laundry" Fields was a sleeper right? His offensive game regressed, he was gone after 2 seasons.

2011 #17 pick Iman Shumpert or Frank Ntilikina 2.0. Defensive stopper right? After his second season, his offensive numbers regressed and he's GONE.

2013 pick #24th overall Tim Hardaway Jr. was gone after 2 seasons. Then came back, gone AGAIN after midway his second season back with the Knicks under a generous contract.

2014 No first rounder.

2015 Kristaps "Kaiser" Porzingis improved each season despite losing Carmelo Anthony and teams starting to target his body (see Yao Ming). During his 3rd season he's averaging 18.1 ppg after 48 games, he blows out his knee when he lands awkwardly. Knick fans turn on him and call him injury prone. Meanwhile Joel Embiid lost 2 whole seasons to injury and on a game count in Philly. Porzingis misses his 4th season and traded midseason after a dispute with the Front Office. Porzingis and David Lee are the ONLY 2 Knicks to earn an All-Star game spot after Patrick Ewing. Neither stayed a Knick.

There you have it. The Knicks Front Office consistently gets rid of drafted players after 2 seasons. A few lasted longer than 2 but not many. They don't develop. This is not the Spurs who work on players' game and mold them into a system.
    This is sad but true as long as dolan is around we will never get a good FO that knows how to build a team. Right now this is dolans idea since 2010 clear cap and chase star player forget about roster building till then.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    This is sad but true as long as dolan is around we will never get a good FO that knows how to build a team. Right now this is dolans idea since 2010 clear cap and chase star player forget about roster building till then.
    Dolan and our new front office have learned from their mistakes though.

They don't clear cap for stars anymore, now they trade their stars away for cap space and point guards who need shot doctors.

Than they use that cap on career average players, Knicks front office fooled everyone! No one saw this coming, Mills is a trickster, all this time we thought Durant and Kyrie, but Mills fooled the nba and the fans, he was like nah, we getting Taj and, Payton.

It's pure genius if your one of the delusional fans on this board.
    Last edited by TakeYourL; 07-23-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah they probably do everything they can to stop Frank from working on his J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol - real lowering of the collective IQ around here happening with some of this conjecture

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post

They don't clear cap for stars anymore, now they trade their stars away for cap space and point guards who need shot doctors.

Than they use that cap on career average players, Knicks front office fooled everyone! No one saw this coming, Mills is a trickster, all this time we thought Durant and Kyrie, but Mills fooled the nba and the fans, he was like nah, we getting Taj and, Payton.

Same sh** different day

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Same sh** different day
    Thats how it be around here.

2014 No first rounder.

well said. Dolan is and was and will be the reason why this team sucks into oblivion. I'm tempted to bet that Knox is gone soon.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Same sh** different day
    Every Knicks regime under Dolan same **** different face.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post

I gotta give them credit every time I think the bar can't drop lower they shock me and go one lvl beyond.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

2014 No first rounder.

Carmelo, Houston, Spreewell, Amare all made all star teams after Ewing. Do they mean Knicks draft picks? Then they should say that and not only Knicks. What is that even a barometer of? Are there a lot of teams to have drafted, developed multiple all stars, who became allstars while they were still on the same team?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast