Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I’ll comment here since I was referenced on the “aggressive” comment. I was misquoted but that’s totally fine, no big deal.

First off I like DSJ. I liked him even on draft night so there’s that. What I said was he floats sometimes and needs to learn to consistently probe defenses (a la Nash) which he has the skill set to do. Concern is it could be a habit thing and difficult to break. But it is a weakness in his game as a PG. That’s ok because all our guys have significant weaknesses, I was just making mention of it.
    I don’t think every good PG plays that way. I never see DSJ playing that style

DSJ will be effective as a guy who breaks down the defense, and plays off that. I think with the upgraded shooters we have, he can play that style much more effectively. I saw him as a willing, effective passer to create and find the open 3 point shooter, think we will see a lot more of that. If his shot is improved as well, bonus!

Pro am? We talkin' bout Pro am?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I don’t think every good PG plays that way. I never see DSJ playing that style

DSJ will be effective as a guy who breaks down the defense, and plays off that. I think with the upgraded shooters we have, he can play that style much more effectively. I saw him as a willing, effective passer to create and find the open 3 point shooter, think we will see a lot more of that. If his shot is improved as well, bonus!
    I like DSJ’s passing/playmaking. I understand that not every good PG plays that way, but considering as of now he’s not really a good shooter (until proven otherwise) I would hope it’s something they show him on tape. Because he does have the skill set to do it and it’s absolutely a great attribute for a PG to have. Question is is it an instinct thing. That’s my concern.

If he comes in this season suddenly shooting 40% from 3 it doesn’t really matter, but right now he’s not that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    First of all, Dennis Smith Jr is not a point guard. More of a combo guard. There's a reason why Rick Carlisle stripped him of ball handling, then turned him into a bench warmer. But let's go with the idea that he IS a point guard:

Can he shutdown Kyrie Irving? Can he shutdown Ben Simmons? Can he shutdown Kyle Lowry? Can he shutdown Kemba Walker?

Are we foolish enough to think those players are going to let a kid show them up?

Bottom line: The Knicks do NOT have an advantage at point guard especially in the Atlantic where every team has a top point guard except the town that brags, "No one knows point guards like New York."

Please DO BETTER Mills/Perry.

Break out season...
    Who is Kyrie and Kemba shutting down? lol

Simmons at 6'10" is a matchup nightmare for every PG in the NBA but yet they got beat with Kyle Lowry who is 30+ guarding him. Mitch is there if Any of those PGs you mentioned get passed DSJ.

The question is can Kemba, Kyrie, Lowry, Simmons guard DSJ especially if he is making 3s and mid-range shots at a consistent rate. DSJ just turned 21 and is better than Kemba and Lowry were at that age. His ceiling is also higher. Dallas got rid of DSJ because he is a distributor and they had a better distributor in Doncic. Mavs need a spot up shooter at PG on the floor with Doncic. Westbrook and several other slashing point guards would have been a bad fit on the Mavs as well but that doesn't mean they aren't good point guards. They won't have to worry about KP passing too much...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I didn’t see any lack of aggression from him. I think he wasn’t healthy towards the end. Also, teams werent respecting the offense overall, and were packing up the paint to keep him from getting inside. Regardless of his shot improving or not, that won’t happen as much now. Obviously him making them will help, too. But it isn’t necessary for him to still improve. He can easily be at least a 15/6+ guy every night
    Dsj has the speed hops and handke where he should be the most aggressive pg in the NBA.

He is no where close to that, so no, he's not aggressive and doesn't come anywhere close to as aggressive as Rose in his prime.

I like dsj, hope he makes the big step this year, but without that derek rose attack mentality, he won't be anything special.

Y'all forget how relentless rose was, that dude was a dog.
    Last edited by TakeYourL; 08-29-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yea whatever you say lol..........

Learn to read, I didn't mock FIBA, I mentioned this is pregames and who did France play? I must of missed any games against any good teams like US, or Australia, etc......

Look in the mirror then repeat those words above lol

Let me repeat because you miss things, this is Pre-FIBA games.......and go look up the teams France has played. France is a very good team and should make the semi finals, but right now judging them on who they have played well, that's just delusional.

Here's my quote, read it slowly and tell me where it comes any where near knocking FIBA lol...........wow!
    Yoir talking up pick up pro am games while talking down competitive fiba games.

Further proving you don't know anything about basketball.

That's why all you can do is pull up random stats off Google, you don't know anything about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Yoir talking up pick up pro am games while talking down competitive fiba games.

Further proving you don't know anything about basketball.

That's why all you can do is pull up random stats off Google, you don't know anything about basketball.
    your posts are meaningless .......it's not even worth going into lol.....you just say things like your the know it all, that's not how it works.

Delusional I think the word that comes to mind works here........

Still don't worry the same guys that said Kemba wasn't going to be good in his second or 3rd season or that Kyle Lowry wasn't good at all his first 5 seasons will eat their words about DSJ. Those guys are the ones who know nothing about basketball. If you can't watch DSJ and tell that he is going to be good I don't know what they need to see. Not all players hit the seen like Rose or Lillard great players right away. Players that are really good are either very athletic like Westbrook and Rose or very skilled like Curry and Lillard or a little of both like Wall and DSJ. To me that's who DSJ is the most like, John Wall and if his shot is as good in real games as it is in these summer pick up games then his ceiling is higher than Wall's. DSJ just turned 21... Sky is the limit!

The "shot doctor" needs to be shot. He wasn't anywhere close to being THIS bad as a Mav.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The "shot doctor" needs to be shot. He wasn't anywhere close to being THIS bad as a Mav.
    before the year Mitch was gonna be a problem for the league b/c he was gonna be shooting 3's, and DSJR was gonna be a good shooter b/c he changed his shot.

not that easy guys, if it were everyone in the NBA would be great shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    before the year Mitch was gonna be a problem for the league b/c he was gonna be shooting 3's, and DSJR was gonna be a good shooter b/c he changed his shot.

not that easy guys, if it were everyone in the NBA would be great shooters.
    Knicks dont develop players, we make them worse.

We saw what happened when frank left this team for a few months during fiba. He developed more in a few months over there than he did in 2 years with NY.

We destroy young players.

Mitch looks dumber this year than last year too.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213