Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    point is.... 9ers could have packed it in at the start of the season and went for a draft pick, but they played it through and turned now they are in the superbowl.

Warriors have been to the finals the last 5 straight seasons so its definitely possible..... but it wont happen if they tank
    But it doesn't work that way. Last year Jimmy G got hurt and they did the NFL version of tanking which just means they take are more conscious of injuries and players are going to miss more time and things like that. The NBA and NFL are WILDLY different. Look at MLB where half the teams tank the second half of the season, comparison between sports is fraught with issues.

and again- it appears that the team plays worse with draymond out there. he was out 3 games and i thought the team was competing better without him

anyone else see draymond forget to inbound the ball last night and just dribble in? Not a high IQ player IMO and i definitely wouldnt want someone like tht as a coach. I know highschool girls who know to pass the ball in on in bound plays.

does anybody know what the record is with draymond green playing this season? makes you wonder if he is making the young players better or not. Showing them how to lose their composure in a game.... that they had no chance in hell to win anyway.

does anybody know what the record is with draymond green playing this season? makes you wonder if he is making the young players better or not. Showing them how to lose their composure in a game.... that they had no chance in hell to win anyway.
    W/L doesn't matter. The teaching is in a million little things that are not obvious on the TV. His temper is, and always will be, a blessing and a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    W/L doesn't matter. The teaching is in a million little things that are not obvious on the TV. His temper is, and always will be, a blessing and a curse.
    On KNBR thismorning they were discussing a problem with the team and draymond that may really be an issue next season when they are interested in winning games.

As Paschall continues to develop- he is going to be a part of this teams rotation and their game plan. He brings an elament of offensive physicality that nobody else on the team has. The story that is not being talked about this year is.... Paschall does not play well when he is on the floor with draymond...... and there is a large enough sample size now where this is a clear issue. Hopefully spreading the floor with curry and thompson could help.

Something to keep an eye on.

BTW- I dont want posters on here to justify us struggling next year by saying "2020-2021 is going to be a down year because curry and thompson need to get back into shape" LOL or learn to play with the new guys or bla bla. ESP when those same posters were strongly against either of them coming back this yr.... because practice is good enough LOL

Keep in mind even after an entire pre season and a couple weeks of the season- it was very obvious that curry and green had not figured out how to play with the new rotation guys this season.

On KNBR thismorning they were discussing a problem with the team and draymond that may really be an issue next season when they are interested in winning games.

As Paschall continues to develop- he is going to be a part of this teams rotation and their game plan. He brings an elament of offensive physicality that nobody else on the team has. The story that is not being talked about this year is.... Paschall does not play well when he is on the floor with draymond...... and there is a large enough sample size now where this is a clear issue. Hopefully spreading the floor with curry and thompson could help.

Something to keep an eye on.

BTW- I dont want posters on here to justify us struggling next year by saying "2020-2021 is going to be a down year because curry and thompson need to get back into shape" LOL or learn to play with the new guys or bla bla. ESP when those same posters were strongly against either of them coming back this yr.... because practice is good enough LOL

Keep in mind even after an entire pre season and a couple weeks of the season- it was very obvious that curry and green had not figured out how to play with the new rotation guys this season.
    Some of Pachall's issue is that he's best with the ball in his hands, which, for Kerr, kind of dooms him to a bench role.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Some of Pachall's issue is that he's best with the ball in his hands, which, for Kerr, kind of dooms him to a bench role.
    Unless Paschall becomes too good to stay there which I think he can be. He might end up becoming a valuable trade chip or could be one of our first new allstars to take over the team as our guys naturally age over the next 3 to 4 years. I can see him becoming the starter and Draymond going to the bench in 3 to 4 years actually

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Unless Paschall becomes too good to stay there which I think he can be. He might end up becoming a valuable trade chip or could be one of our first new allstars to take over the team as our guys naturally age over the next 3 to 4 years. I can see him becoming the starter and Draymond going to the bench in 3 to 4 years actually
    That plan might work for the warriors.... but it may not be in paschall's best interest. Basically limiting his role on the team until a dynasty runs its course and he gets the opportunity to step up? Problem is- Paschall is a 2nd round pick so he doesnt have as many guaranteed years. Also- he is an older rookie....who will surpass all expectations for his rookie season. If I am Paschall, I am looking to cash in ASAP. As a young player with room to grow- he has a decent chance to get a very big contract in a year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I wonder if he can get some PT at the 3 too.

That plan might work for the warriors.... but it may not be in paschall's best interest. Basically limiting his role on the team until a dynasty runs its course and he gets the opportunity to step up? Problem is- Paschall is a 2nd round pick so he doesnt have as many guaranteed years. Also- he is an older rookie....who will surpass all expectations for his rookie season. If I am Paschall, I am looking to cash in ASAP. As a young player with room to grow- he has a decent chance to get a very big contract in a year or 2.
    He'll be restricted so the Warriors will be able to match, more importantly, to go over the cap to match.

Paschallís a keeper. And can contribute off the bench. His expectations to start or have a significant role even in year 2 are limited since heís a 2md round pick. Heíll have to pay his dues until at year 3 after he proves it on an actual NBA roster

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910